Chicago Cubs Will Likely Sign Bench Guy

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Chicago Cubs roster is about set going into opening day. Besides two more spots, the final spot on the bullpen and the last guy to come off the bench. The Cubs will stay in-house for the final spot in the 'pen, but will likely find the final spot on the waiver wire. The player the Cubs are looking for will be a back-up infielder. Two names that stick out on the waiver wire are Chrone Figgins and Bill Hall.

Bill Hall used to play under Dale Sveum in Milwaukee and there's a good connection there. However, the past couple seasons Hall has struggled and dealt with injuries. So, Hall does not seem like a logical fit on the North Side.

Chrione Figgins, on the other hand, would seem like a good fit on the North Side. Dale Sveum said; "Figgins would be one that would be interesting because he switch hits, etc." Sveum pretty much summed up Figgins, plus he can still run. Figgins was a good player when he was with the Los Angeles Angels, but since he left the Angels, he has been awful. I think Figgins would be a nick pick-up. As he will be low/risk - high/reward. To me, Figgins still has something to offer.
The Cubs could still stay in-house and go with Steve Clevenger, but that's unlikely. Clevenger is having a great spring and really does deserve a shot, though. The odds still favor the Cubs signing the 25th guy off the waiver wire.

I don't think the Cubs will sign a player until later in the week. As the Cubs want to see if anyone else is released that may be a good fit to the team. My guess is the Cubs will sign Chrone Figgins by the weekend.

http://www.chicitysports.com/2013/03/25/chicago-cubs-likely-to-sign-a-bench-guy/

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Chicago Cubs announced that they have claimed pitcher Guillermo Moscoso of waivers from the Toronto Blue Jays. To make room for Moscoso on the 40-man roster, the Cubs have placed pitcher Arodys Vizcaino on the 60-Day DL.

Moscoso will battle for the final spot in the bullpen with left-hander Hisanori Takahashi.

Moscoso has not been good this spring, posting a 0-2 record with a 12.86 era in 5 games (1 start). In 7 innings, Moscoso has allowed 10 runs, 15 hits, 4 home runs, 4 walks and has struck out 5. Moscoso has been on the Blue Jays and the Kansas City Royals roster this spring.

Moscoso was signed by the Detroit Tigers as a free agent in 2003 and has last played for the Colorado Rockies in the regular season. Moscoso is 29-years old.

Cory Wade is no longer in the mix for the final spot in the bullpen. The Cubs informed him yesterday that he will open the season with Triple-A Iowa.

My guess is Takahashi will win the final spot in the 'pen. But to make that happen, the Cubs will have to clear a spot on the 40-man roster as the 40-man roster is currently full. If Takahashi was to make the team, the Cubs will have to open to spots on the 40-man roster as infielder Brett Lillibridge will have to be added too.

Stay tuned ... move moves are on the way!

http://www.chicitysports.com/2013/03/28/chicago-cubs-claim-guillermo-moscoso-off-waivers/

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Who is Chrone Figgins? Any relation to Chrione Figgins?

What is a nick pickup?

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

What is a nick pickup?

21ygky_th.jpg

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

What is a nick pickup?

Is being an asshole natural, or do you actually try?

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:

What is a nick pickup?

We've talked to Waldo about spellcheck and proofreading but we actually appreciate that he tries and puts out content regularly.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
We've talked to Waldo about spellcheck and proofreading but we actually appreciate that he tries and puts out content regularly.
Hey listen, guy puts out stuff for you - great. I'm not knocking that at all.

Every time I've mentioned something like this about his stuff he always comes back with, 'I was rushing out of my house when I posted this.' My argument has always been: wait an hour. Maybe go over it, read it back to yourself so it makes sense, and fix the mistakes. It is really very simple.

I would say, however, his writings are a representation of this website so maybe not posting his content before he checks it might be a wise move.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hey listen, guy puts out stuff for you - great. I'm not knocking that at all.

Every time I've mentioned something like this about his stuff he always comes back with, 'I was rushing out of my house when I posted this.' My argument has always been: wait an hour. Maybe go over it, read it back to yourself so it makes sense, and fix the mistakes. It is really very simple.

I would say, however, his writings are a representation of this website so maybe not posting his content before he checks it might be a wise move.

I've offered to proof it and so have others, but there's only so much I can do. I agree with you as well that it's subpar, but it's not my site and I don't have the authority to tell him to improve or GTFO. As it is, at least there's new content. But yeah, it'd be nice if he made a more conscious effort to improve.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I do proofread, but I missed it. Oops, now move on.
Can I ask how you do it? There are actually methods to these things, and maybe you need help doing that?

I'll be honest, there are a couple more things wrong both of those that I didn't post about.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I always find it funny, the people that bitch about the content of the site provide nothing for the site anyways.

Talk about a troll job.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Waldo, you may find this hard to believe, but for a good portion of my high school and college career I was a poor writer. When you're a history major with a poly sci minor you do a lot of writing, and you have to force yourself to get better. My suggestion to you is the following:

Blue Book of Grammar

For less than $10 you can get a good resource to help your writing.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Waldo, you may find this hard to believe, but for a good portion of my high school and college career I was a poor writer. When you're a history major with a poly sci minor you do a lot of writing, and you have to force yourself to get better. My suggestion to you is the following:

Blue Book of Grammar

For less than $10 you can get a good resource to help your writing.

See, was it so hard to offer constructive advice?