• Total voters

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Like the poll says. For me it's all flats baby.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Are chicken wings a sandwich?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
If they are, I ate like 80 sandwiches in the last 2 weeks alone
I think if they are breaded then there's an argument they are a sandwich, but if people want to draw a line, then a hot dog sandwich is definitely a sandwich.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I used to have a killer marinade for wings that I'd first smoke, and then crisp up on my grill.

Alas, I can no longer find it.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
A good flat with nice hot buffalo sauce and a nice bit of ranch or bleu cheese on either side.

Drumsticks are fine, but if offered the choice, flats are easier to sauce and eat.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I land on the side of flats being the way to go and also the thought that if they are breaded then they are also to be included as a chicken sandwich. Although I wont turn down a drummie if that is what is available.

Much like my broccoli and cheddar sandwich that I get at Panera I think that breaded chicken mostly fits the description of a sandwich as it is surrounded by bread and generally things surrounded in bread with toppings or dipping options are sandwiches.

Hot dogs are not even worth arguing about, as they certainly fit all the requirements of a subway sandwich, which is largely accepted as a sandwich, and Subway has a super huge number of sandwich shoppes worldwide. So there is literally zero reason to argue that a literal sandwich of the same ilk doesn't get the same acceptance as a sandwich.

The most important question about chicken wings (Chicken wing sandwiches or otherwise) is do you prefer them dry or wet?

I tend to lean towards dry, Cajun seasoned chicken wings that are not breaded (and therefore not sandwiches) that I can double dip into Buffalo sauce and Blue Cheese dressing. They seem to be the best this way, flats or drummies because they do not get soggy, and I am allowed to get as much or little of the sauces or dressings of my choosing.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Fozzie Land, Muppet City, The Former US of A
whole wings from most Chinese restaurants. i like their starchy crispy ass fried wings.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Imagine being so gosh darned bougie that you can choose between the two. If you put it on my plate, I fucking eat it... Unless it's a drumstick.