Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
The revenue losses in an Arrowhead Mahomes Fields matchup have the Chiefs saying, "wait a minute."

Not so fast on the reports of Kansas City dominating the Germany games in 2023 and 2024. Kansas City is playing a November game in Frankfurt this year; that’s a fact. The German newspaper Bild reported KC would play Chicago in the Germany game, and that KC would play again in Germany in 2024 when Carolina is due to host a game there. Bild reported Carolina’s 2024 foe would be Kansas City. I’ve been told there’s some doubt on both of those reports. First: When a team gives up one of its home games to play overseas, it has the option of requesting to the league one home game on its schedule the team does not want moved. I’m told Kansas City requested that the Chicago game not be played overseas. As for 2024, it’s hard to imagine Carolina would not try to keep Patrick Mahomes’ only currently scheduled game in Charlotte for the next eight years at Bank of America Stadium. You might ask, Wouldn’t Kansas City want to protect red-hot home games against Buffalo, Cincinnati and Philadelphia from moving to Germany? The league would almost certainly not schedule those games for overseas, because Germany games are played in the 9:30 a.m. ET window, which is not nearly as conducive to big ratings as are Sunday late-afternoon or primetime games.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
The European games are very stupid. I hope the Chiefs shame the league into stopping them.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
This just shows how far the Bears have fallen. The NFL's least compelling team.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nope, you just don't know how many Bears fans live in Europe.
Yeah that was my interpretation- that there's a distinct possibility that there would be more Bears fans than Chiefs fans. That being said, the Chiefs are pretty popular (and gaining popularity) in Texas. My daughters (10 and 11) are on a youth track team and there are several Chiefs fans, which is saying a lot in Texas. I saw a lot of Chiefs paraphernalia at a regional meet we attended over the weekend.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I mean hey that's cool and all but lets be real a 7:30 AM kickoff in mountain time (6:30 on the west coast) is kind of insulting. Though I would say few franchises are more deserving of the insult than Chicago.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Bears fans in Luxembourg alone have more power over the NFL than all of the advertisers combined.

Or something.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I mean hey that's cool and all but lets be real a 7:30 AM kickoff in mountain time (6:30 on the west coast) is kind of insulting. Though I would say few franchises are more deserving of the insult than Chicago.
cUw9BcZA_400x400.jpg

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
This just shows how far the Bears have fallen. The NFL's least compelling team.

You need to work on your troll craft. The Chiefs are asking to keep the Bears game at Arrowhead, they can only request one game all season not be moved internationally, because of the revenues it will produce.

Good trolling is nuanced falsehood and kind of fun to watch guys get hooked, your trolling is just stating blatant ignorance, far less effective.

Have some pride in your product.

Nuremberg Bear

Liked Posts:
What do you mean with teams deserve it more?

You mean teams like falcons, vikes, bucs 2011, Steelers, Lions, Jags? Did you ever go there? On each of those teams, neutral fans were so much more.
European teams are (in row):
Chiefs
Pats
Bears / Steelers
Packers

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
The revenue losses in an Arrowhead Mahomes Fields matchup have the Chiefs saying, "wait a minute."

Not so fast on the reports of Kansas City dominating the Germany games in 2023 and 2024. Kansas City is playing a November game in Frankfurt this year; that’s a fact. The German newspaper Bild reported KC would play Chicago in the Germany game, and that KC would play again in Germany in 2024 when Carolina is due to host a game there. Bild reported Carolina’s 2024 foe would be Kansas City. I’ve been told there’s some doubt on both of those reports. First: When a team gives up one of its home games to play overseas, it has the option of requesting to the league one home game on its schedule the team does not want moved. I’m told Kansas City requested that the Chicago game not be played overseas. As for 2024, it’s hard to imagine Carolina would not try to keep Patrick Mahomes’ only currently scheduled game in Charlotte for the next eight years at Bank of America Stadium. You might ask, Wouldn’t Kansas City want to protect red-hot home games against Buffalo, Cincinnati and Philadelphia from moving to Germany? The league would almost certainly not schedule those games for overseas, because Germany games are played in the 9:30 a.m. ET window, which is not nearly as conducive to big ratings as are Sunday late-afternoon or primetime games.
I read this somewhere and was trying to figure out why, this is probably the reason. I thought they sold out every game anyway and do have home games with Cincy, Eagles and Bills this year.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This.

They might have two ideas in mind.

Number one is losing a home game to Frankfurt and facing a stadium full of Bears fans. Among the most popular teams in Europe and renowned for traveling to Chicago games, often rather than return to Chicago to catch a game for our departure transients.

The icing on the cake could be that no team stands to benefit more from soft lush soccer fields and the sloppy games that tend to be played 5000 miles from home. With a 6 ypc running back and Justin Fields, there is some strategic football sense in keeping some tourist dollars in Kansas City.

I would not suppose any pulse of emotional "fear" is in play of Bears, but a little of Bears fans.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I read this somewhere and was trying to figure out why, this is probably the reason. I thought they sold out every game anyway and do have home games with Cincy, Eagles and Bills this year.
Sell outs vs asses in seats are 2 different things. Just look at Soldier Field last season to witness the difference. Chiefs being really good probably doesn't mean too many empty seats, but all the story lines that will be involved the Bea/Chiefs game( Poles, Nagy, Fields vs Mahomes) make it all that much more intriguing.