Chris Broussard on Gordon situation

charity stripe

Liked Posts:
Chris Broussard was just on ESPN and was asked whether the Bulls will keep Gordon. He said Gordon wants to come back and the Bulls want him back very badly. He also said Detroit will offer him 10 million a year and if the Bulls can offer somewhere in that area he will come back to the Bulls

Jamfan

Twitter: @jamfan41
Liked Posts:
I'd offer Gordon 10 million and stop right there. If the Pistons offer 11 million then bye Ben. The Pistons just overpaid for you.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
I really think if the Bulls want BG back, JR needs to show him the love and I don't just mean financially. I think it really had to hurt to have JR pull the offer or tell him not to be a problem like he did at the beginning of the year.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
JR don't have to show him nothin but the money.

He didn't coddle Jordan, he ain't coddling BG.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
BTW, the RealGM quote in the original post is wrong. Broussard said $11 million, not $10 million.

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
i wonder if improving over 10 mil will be enough

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
DerrickRose1 wrote:
I'd offer Gordon 10 million and stop right there. If the Pistons offer 11 million then bye Ben. The Pistons just overpaid for you.

:laugh: Yea that extra $1mill will make all the difference down the road. Jeez.

Why would BG want to go to Detroit, other than money? Detroit's a friggin' mess right now. Rip isn't happy, Curry just got fired, they have no PG or PF, & are completely relying on FA signings to make an impact. Not to mention Detroit is the armpit of the Midwest. BG wants to be here, it's up to Reinsdork to make that happen.

And now, until BG is inked somewhere, I will retire the BG talk.

charity stripe

Liked Posts:
??? ?????? wrote:
BTW, the RealGM quote in the original post is wrong. Broussard said $11 million, not $10 million.

I just watched the video of it, he said '10-11 million'

Dpauley23

Liked Posts:
Ya that was me on real gm and I just said 10 million because alot of people have been saying Pistons won't go over 10 million

Jamfan

Liked Posts:
Diddy1122 wrote:
DerrickRose1 wrote:

:laugh: Yea that extra $1mill will make all the difference down the road. Jeez.
It could be the difference between adding a guy like a Bosh or an Amare something the Bulls NEED and not adding an All-Star PF and sticking with Tyrus Thomas for the next 5 years! We're trying to build a team around Derrick Rose and you don't NEED a good shooting guard to build around a superstar point guard. Just look at New Orleans and Utah as examples.

cranscape

Liked Posts:
Just look at New Orleans and Utah as examples.

And they've done what with that so far?

You need talent and good chemistry to win. If you are getting rid of talent you better have a damn good plan in place. Somehow with this organization saving money doesn't seem to have anything to do with having a good plan for the team but rather counting their pennies.

Jamfan

Liked Posts:
cranscape wrote:
Just look at New Orleans and Utah as examples.

And they've done what with that so far?
Utah was in the WCF a few years ago and have made the playoffs 3 straight years. New Orleans has made the playoffs the past 2 years. Both in the West as well.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
houheffna wrote:
JR don't have to show him nothin but the money.

He didn't coddle Jordan, he ain't coddling BG.
He coddled Deng plenty, he should give the same lip service for BG.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
He coddled Deng plenty, he should give the same lip service for BG.

How did JR coddle Deng? He gave Deng a contract, what he should do for BG. You coddle superstars, not role players...