My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
This seems important....

"CHSN’s biggest challenge regarding distribution is negotiating a carriage agreement with Comcast, the largest cable provider in the market. Its Xfinity service is believed to be in roughly half of households. Comcast has been moving regional sports networks to its highest programming tier, Ultimate TV, because of the high cost of carrying sports."

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
It's supposed to be free over the air too so I'm not too worried about negotiations

Rustysurf83

Liked Posts:
It's supposed to be free over the air too so I'm not too worried about negotiations
Multiple people saying the signal barely reaches 15 miles at any decent quality. A grainy antenna feed is totally an awesome way to watch hockey in the year 2024. This is a complete failure.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Multiple people saying the signal barely reaches 15 miles at any decent quality. A grainy antenna feed is totally an awesome way to watch hockey in the year 2024. This is a complete failure.
I'm 30 miles outside of Chicago. It's 1080i. The only thing that's bad is the team.

Attachments

• IMG_20241001_200637.jpg
    IMG_20241001_200637.jpg
    462.8 KB · Views: 10

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I'm 30 miles outside of Chicago. It's 1080i. The only thing that's bad is the team.
Yeah I don't know how far I am but out by Naperville my 30 dollar antenna has no problem getting crystal clear 1080i. The picture is actually better than it was on YouTube TV to the point where I wouldn't miss it on YouTube TV except for the fact that having no DVR kills me watching sports.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Yeah I don't know how far I am but out by Naperville my 30 dollar antenna has no problem getting crystal clear 1080i. The picture is actually better than it was on YouTube TV to the point where I wouldn't miss it on YouTube TV except for the fact that having no DVR kills me watching sports.
I'm 20 miles and looked perfect as well. I agree with the DVR so I bought a HDhome run dvr to record the games. It hooks up to your network so you can watch it on any smart tv, xbox, ps, tablet phone etc on your network. Going to give it a few weeks of recoding and watching the Hawks and Bears games and if it continues to work good I think i'm going to ditch youtube tv. only reason I had it was to watch the hawks and Bears anyway

Pez68

Fire Waldron
Liked Posts:
1080i hockey is terrible. I have no idea how you can watch it. Even in that screenshot you can see motion blur.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
1080i hockey is terrible. I have no idea how you can watch it. Even in that screenshot you can see motion blur.
You're an idiot. The pic is off my wife's crappy TCL phone. Mine was charging. Since NHL hockey in 4K is scarce, 1080 is the choice and "i" is only marginally different from 1080P. Congrats on looking foolish or owning cheap equipment.

Pez68

Fire Waldron
Liked Posts:
You're an idiot. The pic is off my wife's crappy TCL phone. Mine was charging. Since NHL hockey in 4K is scarce, 1080 is the choice and i only slightly different from 1080P. Congrats on looking foolish or owning cheap equipment.
1080i at 30hz is absolute shit tier quality for watching sports. 720p is actually better. I watch on ESPN+ with a VPN, on a 65 inch LG OLED. I have absolutely no issues with picture quality or motion blur. Thanks.

There's a substantial difference between 1080i at 30hz and 1080p at 60hz, FYI.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
1080i at 30hz is absolute shit tier quality for watching sports. 720p is actually better. I watch on ESPN+ with a VPN, on a 65 inch LG OLED. I have absolutely no issues with picture quality or motion blur. Thanks.

There's a substantial difference between 1080i at 30hz and 1080p at 60hz, FYI.

Hate to burst your bubble but the game was in 720p on 62.3.

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
On a similar note - watching TNF on prime is terrible for me. Blurry as fuck.

Rustysurf83

Liked Posts:
Just confirmed with multiple family members that live in Aurora, Elgin, and Joliet. None of them can figure out the OTA feed. Admittedly they are older so user error is certainly possible but…a bunch of people actively trying to watch an NHL game but unable to find it…not great. I can’t believe the season has started and they still don’t have a deal with Comcast or Fubo,

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just confirmed with multiple family members that live in Aurora, Elgin, and Joliet. None of them can figure out the OTA feed. Admittedly they are older so user error is certainly possible but…a bunch of people actively trying to watch an NHL game but unable to find it…not great. I can’t believe the season has started and they still don’t have a deal with Comcast or Fubo,

Could be wrong but Tuesdays game was on ESPN. I checked at my girlfriend's and they weren't showing it on antenna.

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Tomorrow's game will be on CHSN. Also maybe they want to try 19.3/19.4?