CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Saw a thread like this on another board, you don't have to divulge this information if you aren't willing to talk about it with your fellow CCSers. But who is the closest person to you that has passed away? A lot of people are lucky enough to not experience this until much later in life.

My dad passed away almost 3 years ago. Had leukemia and he went into remission a couple times. Finally he got a bone marrow transplant and passed away while in recovery due to complications and a pretty bad blood clot. Sucks because I still feel as if I am grieving after this much time, it's just to a less serious extent by each day. I don't think you can ever fully get over something like that. I also bring this up because every several months I will have very vivid dreams where it's almost as if he's visiting me and when I wake up it feels very real unlike other dreams. He passed away at the age of 50, when I was 19....really shitty time gotta tell ya. I always thought I would be one of those people who was lucky enough to not have to experience this until much later in life....cousins...grandparents maybe....but didn't expect it to be my own father.

I can talk about it in happy reflection so don't take this as a "debbie downer" thread. :crazydance:

N3

Liked Posts:
My dad....and since I already talked about it my fathers day article, you can read it there.

Livewire

Liked Posts:
Great Grandparents... that is it, everyone else is alive.

chs234

Liked Posts:
a few close friends. that's about it.

oh and some people in my fam but i didn't really know them.

Last edited:

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Im so sorry to hear about the losses for all of you guys. just brought a tear to my eye. if anyone ever needs someone to talk to my pm door is always open.

derosabomb

Joecawks is a dope
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
In high school i lost my grandpa on my dads side who i was very close to. he lived like a block away from my school so i used to walk to his house after school everyday and make fun of my grandma with him. I also lost my grandma on my moms side but i wasnt very close to her. Some other people in my family have died but i really didnt know them that well.

The biggest loss for me though was in the spring of 07. One of my best friends that i met in college was brutally murdered in his apartment on the north side. Im not sure exactly how many time he was stabbed but i heard it was a lot. Apparently it was a drug deal gone bad. It took the police about 5 months to make an arrest. As of now the jackass the killed him is currently serving a 20 year sentence. he was only 19 and one of the nicest kids i've ever known, we used to get stoned and play frisbee in grant park everyday for hours. Kid was full of life and talent and i fucking miss him.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I lost my Great Grandpa about 2 months ago. It was hard, he was 94. I atleast am fortunate to have been able to say I could see my great grandparents.

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
my Grandpa dies in April

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
My Grandfather.

Died of colon and lung cancer. My dad has never been in my life, so he was basically my father figure. He taught me pretty much everything, and instilled my pride of being serbian as well. He fought in World War II for Yugoslavia, and he is buried in a Serbian cemetery in Libertyville. The same cemetery that the king he fought for in World War II is buried (only European monarch buried on US soil).
Anyway, me and my sisters always used to go over to my grandparents house on weekends and after school since they lived real close, and they would watch us until my mom got off of work.
Since im the only boy in my family, i will carry on the family name, and our familys slava (serbian holiday for the family's patron saint) and he always reminded me how proud he was of me. he was always first to congratulate me after hockey games or when I got good grades...
He didnt get to see me graduate from high school, so when I did graduate, I had his picture in my chest pocket and I was wearing his favorite ring so that he could be there to see me...
I still miss him alot, but im sure if he was alive that he would be proud, and that keeps me happy.

Here is a picture of me and him when i was little:
djedaandme.jpg
[/IMG]

Go Getter

Liked Posts:
I lost my younger brother to gun violence in 2003.

Still hurts.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Sorry to you folks who have lost people in other ways outside of actual illness or disease. If somebody I loved was taken from me, from circumstances in which somebody else messed up or could have prevented, it would eat me up. You guys are troopers.