Coach Quenneville

Everyday I'm Byfuglien

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Legit question that I've had-

Could Kitchen be the coaching problem? No, not the "why are the Hawks losing so much" problem, but the "maybe the coaching is kinda shitty" problem.

He was brought in and billed as a friend of Q. Maybe he's too much of a yes-man and doesn't challenge some of Q's decisions.

I dunno, and I doubt anyone here knows. It's just a theory I've been wondering about.

derosabomb

Joecawks is a dope
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls

Could Kitchen be the coaching problem? No, not the "why are the Hawks losing so much" problem, but the "maybe the coaching is kinda shitty" problem.

He was brought in and billed as a friend of Q. Maybe he's too much of a yes-man and doesn't challenge some of Q's decisions.

I dunno, and I doubt anyone here knows. It's just a theory I've been wondering about.

whats he doing on the bench anyways he should be in the kitchen. :smug:

Matthew

Liked Posts:

Mike Kitchen has actually been an upgrade over John Torchetti. Our powerplay is up from 17.7% last season to 24.2% this season. Our penalty kill is down a bit this year but I put that more on the loss of Brent Sopel and the poor play of Niklas Hjalmarsson and Brent Seabrook than on Kitchen. It is true that Kitchen is much softer spoken than Torchetti, but yelling and jumping around on the bench does not raise the level of our play, good coaching does and thus far Kitchen has been great.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Okay, who the fuck thought it would be a good idea to clone Joehawks?
Ive already checked Ip addresses ;D

Mike Kitchen has actually been an upgrade over John Torchetti. Our powerplay is up from 17.7% last season to 24.2% this season. Our penalty kill is down a bit this year but I put that more on the loss of Brent Sopel and the poor play of Niklas Hjalmarsson and Brent Seabrook than on Kitchen. It is true that Kitchen is much softer spoken than Torchetti, but yelling and jumping around on the bench does not raise the level of our play, good coaching does and thus far Kitchen has been great.

Exactly Matthew...if anything, he's been an upgrade

Matthew

Liked Posts:
They think I'm your clone. I can see where they are coming from since we are the only 2 guys making sense right now.

I know all the insight and analysis it must take you to bring up such in-depth thoughts as "The entire team is playing like rotten shit." I envy your intellect and overall hockey knowledge.

Matthew

Liked Posts:
Doesn't take a lot of insight and analysis to realize what's wrong with the team.

You do realize that pointing out "The entire team is playing like rotten shit," does not point out what is wrong with the team. Please you know nothing about the sport and make asinine general comments that have no substance.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
You do realize that pointing out "The entire team is playing like rotten shit," does not point out what is wrong with the team. Please you know nothing about the sport and make asinine general comments that have no substance.

I had you all wrong. <3

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They think I'm your clone. I can see where they are coming from since we are the only 2 guys making sense right now.

Meh, doesn't bother me.

I've said the Wings would be the team to beat in the division.

I'm right on money so far.

Matthew

Liked Posts:
Better than your comments which equal nothingness. Stick to what you know.. oh wait, that's nothing.

I know I have only played hockey now for 16 years (from the age of 8) and have followed the entire sport now for 13 years.

icehogfan08

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Kitchen is not the problem. Hes been on a NHL coaching staff for 19 years, this is his 20th season. Like most people have said in here it all comes down to the line juggling. Why not leave Brouwer with Kane & Toews who he put up career numbers with last year, instead hes a top line forward, the next shift he is a checking role player.

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
:lmao:

Matthew brings far more intellectual hockey thoughts around here than you. He is, rightfully so I might add, calling you out on your god-awful devoid of thought generalizations.

Oh, and I like Lefty. He is one of my boyz.

Last edited by a moderator:

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
All I ask from Q, is to stop playing Cullisuck.

The guy is AHL material. Get him off this damn team.

derosabomb

Joecawks is a dope
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
^^^ lollers