Cold Weather Scheduling

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
This used to be my annual complaint, which of course took the year off in 2012 due to tropical weather.

Why are the Cubs opening@Wrigley against the Brewers?, when it should be the reverse. I realize they cannot schedule all April games indoors or down south, but Cubs are also opening in Pittsburgh...and surely that could have been avoided.

The same problem is evident on the South side, why Seattle@home as opposed to the reverse?.

Doesn't MLB recall a few years back?, when a shitload of games had to be re-scheduled.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This used to be my annual complaint, which of course took the year off in 2012 due to tropical weather.

Why are the Cubs opening@Wrigley against the Brewers?, when it should be the reverse. I realize they cannot schedule all April games indoors or down south, but Cubs are also opening in Pittsburgh...and surely that could have been avoided.

The same problem is evident on the South side, why Seattle@home as opposed to the reverse?.

Doesn't MLB recall a few years back?, when a shitload of games had to be re-scheduled.

there were snow outs a few years back

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
there were snow outs a few years back

The Indians had to move a number of games to Milwaukee b/c they ran out of postponement dates that year.

If that happens at the Cell, Brewers open at home so it's not available this year until they play the Cubs...at Wrigley.

lol's, what an ass-backwards scheduling nightmare that would be.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Indians had to move a number of games to Milwaukee b/c they ran out of postponement dates that year.

If that happens at the Cell, Brewers open at home so it's not available this year until they play the Cubs...at Wrigley.

lol's, what an ass-backwards scheduling nightmare that would be.

why the cell was never a removeable roof is beyond me. I think the major reason is JR is leasing the cell and doesnt own it. If the cubs dont want to move, im all for the sox in rosemont.

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
Too cold 4/baseball today:

Mostly sunny, with a high near 39. Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think they said it was single digit wind chills in Minnesota for their opening day :lol:

The only reason I can think of is that teams want the prestige of Opening Day no matter what the weather and they have to alternate rather than having a designated set of warm weather teams.

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
I think they said it was single digit wind chills in Minnesota for their opening day :lol:

The only reason I can think of is that teams want the prestige of Opening Day no matter what the weather and they have to alternate rather than having a designated set of warm weather teams.

Forgot about the alternating home openers, which makes it nearly impossible to schedule all southern/domed series the first week of April.

And the lack of April off-days doesn't help, they should shorten the season by about 6 games...would alleviate a lot of headaches.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
They have to alternate a few days here and there because of interleague all year, the possibility of a home opener rainout, etc.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
why the cell was never a removeable roof is beyond me. I think the major reason is JR is leasing the cell and doesnt own it. If the cubs dont want to move, im all for the sox in rosemont.

The Sox are not moving. They have a sweet deal that runs for 16 more years.

Freakyslow15

Liked Posts:
The "new" Comisky was built in, what, '90? Retractable roofs weren't really a thing back then.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Freakyslow15

Liked Posts:

That was about it at the time, and it was BRAND NEW when the Sox broke ground for Comisky (opened in '89). The one in Montreal failed, so they removed it.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk