Colin Kaepernick's MVP greatness likely overstated.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
So, it's a single year that now equates to a career, and you get to pick that year, huh, while skipping over getting to the NFC championship 2 years and the SB another year in his first 2.5 years of starting. You have Cutty fanboy mentality.

I like how people use this to defend Kap.
In Michael Vick's first 2 years of starting, he led a woefully untalented 2002 Falcons team to the playoffs and beat GB for their first home playoff loss ever and then in his second year, he led the Falcons to the NFCC Game. And then the league figured him out. Same thing is happening to Kap.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
In Michael Vick's first 2 years of starting, he led a woefully untalented 2002 Falcons team to the playoffs and beat GB for their first home playoff loss ever and then in his second year, he led the Falcons to the NFCC Game. And then the league figured him out. Same thing is happening to Kap.

Is that why Vick has his most productive season as a starting QB in his 5th season as a starter with the Falcons? Then had a late career boom season in 2010?

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Is that why Vick has his most productive season as a starting QB in his 5th season as a starter with the Falcons? Then had a late career boom season in 2010?

Ahh, the Ron Mexico years.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Most productive? Yes. Most successful? No. I take it you are referring to 2006.
That's like saying Cutler is having his most productive year this year. Vick got a lot of stats in a lot of meaningless games against bad teams. He didn't do anything of note against any team that had a winning record. Most Atlanta fans thought the same way Bears fans do about Cutler during that year--they were ready to move on from him. He did have his fanboys--those that also didn't believe he should be prosecuted for his dog fighting ring--but it was an unimpressive year.

The team posted an 0-5 record vs teams with winning records (0-6 but Schaub started last game) and also managed to lose to these teams:

4-12 Cleveland Browns
3-13 Detroit Lions (by a 16pt margin)

Also that Falcons team also managed to lose 7 games by double digits.
It was a nice season if you just look at the numbers but it wasn't a great team nor a good offense when up against decent defenses.

2010? It was cute but nothing more than a flash in the pan--it was almost 4 years since the league has seen him at that point.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Most productive? Yes.
Cool you can read what I wrote.

That's like saying Cutler is having his most productive year this year.
Ok. He is.

Vick got a lot of stats in a lot of meaningless games against bad teams. He didn't do anything of note against any team that had a winning record.

He had a couple of his best games that year against playoff teams. You're wrong.

It was cute but nothing more than a flash in the pan--it was almost 4 years since the league has seen him at that point.

Except when he had played the year before.

Your theory is still shit. The league had figured out Vick yet Vick was still productive. You lose.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I was expecting better from you. Wow, how the mighty have fallen.

And he attempted 13 passes in 2009.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I was expecting better from you.

Do you want me to post his numbers in the games I mentioned? Two of his best games and most productive games were against playoff teams that season. I never argued the Falcons were a good or great team. Just that Vick was his most productive despite your assertion that the league "figured him out" 3 seasons prior. You were wrong.

Great, he attempted 13 passes in 2009. Quite odd the NFL figured him out then he went on that run in 2010 or he had 6 solid seasons in Atlanta.

You're intellectually bankrupt.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Do you want me to post his numbers in the games I mentioned? Two of his best games and most productive games were against playoff teams that season. I never argued the Falcons were a good or great team. Just that Vick was his most productive despite your assertion that the league "figured him out" 3 seasons prior. You were wrong.

Great, he attempted 13 passes in 2009. Quite odd the NFL figured him out then he went on that run in 2010 or he had 6 solid seasons in Atlanta.

You're intellectually bankrupt.

6 solid seasons? LOL
you wont find too many Falcons fans that agree with you on that. Exciting? Yes?

One could say Cutler had a productive game against a playoff team vs Dallas, if they make it. Doesn't make it matter though.
Vick was the main reason that team lost to a 4win team and a 3 win team. He was the 43rd rated passer in DVOA, and 20th in QB Rating.

And he didn't have a "couple of good games" against playoff teams

He had 1 good game when the Falcons season was over against a mediocre Dallas defense in week 16.

Let's post some stat lines against those playoff teams--

@ NO -- 12/31, 137 YDS NO TD's 57yds rushing (lost 23-3)
vs NYG -- 14/27, 154 YDS, 1 PICK 68 yds rushing, 1 TD, 1LF (lost 27-14)
@ BAL -- 11/21, 127 YDS, 54yds rushing, (lost by 24-10)
@ NO -- 9-24, 84 YDS, 166 yds rushing (lost 31-13)
vs DAL -- 16-24, 237 yds , 4td - 1int (lost 38-28) **his only "good" game
vs PHIL -- 8-14, 84 yds, 1 td

the league figured him out, he got lucky for a year in Philly and his numbers came back down to earth in 2011 as they should have, and Kap's career is following his path.

I remember when your arguments were actually insightful. No more Rory for you!
End of discussion. Class is dismissed.
'

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
6 solid seasons?
Yes. Solid/average/productive. Whatever. Sam difference.

Vick was the main reason that team lost to a 4win team and a 3 win team. He was the 43rd rated passer in DVOA, and 20th in QB Rating.
Cool story. You completely ignore his rushing production which was a pretty big facet of his game. It's the same reasons idiots overlook how historically productive Cam Newton has been.

He had 1 good game when the Falcons season was over against a mediocre Dallas defense in week 16.
Oh cool. So he played well.

Which is what I said.

the league figured him out
Yet he sets an NFL record for rushing yards that year......4 years after he's been figured out. Strong argument.

I find it odd that the NFL "figured him out" yet he was actually MORE productive later in his career than he was in year two. You saying he beat up on bad teams isn't really a point because bad teams are still in this "league" that "figured him out"....yet Vick was productive.

I'd like to say I remember a time when you were a good poster..but it doesn't really exist.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

this is such a erroneous comment. Teams don't JUST figure out 1 player. Teams look at the whole "O" and figure out how to minimize it. Vick never had good coaches, who knew how to make adjustments. Where is Jim Mora and Greg Knapp NOW.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
6 solid seasons? LOL
you wont find too many Falcons fans that agree with you on that. Exciting? Yes?

One could say Cutler had a productive game against a playoff team vs Dallas, if they make it. Doesn't make it matter though.

And he didn't have a "couple of good games" against playoff teams

Let's post some stat lines against those playoff teams--

@ NO -- 12/31, 137 YDS NO TD's 57yds rushing (lost 23-3)
vs NYG -- 14/27, 154 YDS, 1 PICK 68 yds rushing, 1 TD, 1LF (lost 27-14)
@ BAL -- 11/21, 127 YDS, 54yds rushing, (lost by 24-10)
@ NO -- 9-24, 84 YDS, 166 yds rushing (lost 31-13)
vs DAL -- 16-24, 237 yds , 4td - 1int (lost 38-28) **his only "good" game
vs PHIL -- 8-14, 84 yds, 1 td

the league figured him out, he got lucky for a year in Philly and his numbers came back down to earth in 2011 as they should have, and Kap's career is following his path.

I remember when your arguments were actually insightful. No more Rory for you!
End of discussion. Class is dismissed.
'

Vick did a helluva job with the LACK of talent he had around him. Hell he main "O" weapon was TE Alge Crumpler. Plus, he had one of the most under-sized, awful OLines in the NFL. O watched games where BEFORE he could complete his drop-back, LBs / DT's were pouring thru on him.