CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
This game is ugly. They are controlling the tempo and without Irving, we're screwed when they speed it up.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
This game is ugly. They are controlling the tempo and without Irving, we're screwed when they speed it up.

yep....perfect storm for SJU...they are playing like it's their NC game....

also doesn't help that SJU is getting home cooking from the refs

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
ok....whatever...

i'm really curious why do you hate duke so much? it's just a curiosity....

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
told ya this game scared me...

luckily, nothing but stuff to learn from on this one...

also, when they call Mason for traveling at the midway point of the 2nd half, that was total bullshit.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
told ya this game scared me...

luckily, nothing but stuff to learn from on this one...

also, when they call Mason for traveling at the midway point of the 2nd half, that was total bullshit.

ya that killed us....that and the fact that we couldn't play D and we couldn't hit any 3s

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
ya that killed us....that and the fact that we couldn't play D and we couldn't hit any 3s

that was a helluva 4 point swing that really killed any chance we had at establishing some momentum...and then two possessions later Kelly was called for a foul when a St. John's player pushed him in the stomach after Kelly came over to play help D....(lulz.)

regardless...it was out of conference...it was a drubbing...and Coach K will take the good out of it...we gotta get the ball inside more, tho...that's painfully evident.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
ya i've been saying this for a while...but what really kills us is the fact that we start out jacking up 3s and when we don't make them...we get off to a bad start and also lose confidence which carries out throughout the rest of the game.....it's like football where you establish your running game first...establish your game inside the free throw line and then spread your attack out...guarantee it leads to better % from 3

also of note, if you look at the % from 2 in this game and in many games we shoot poorly....it's actually surprisingly high... the problem is we take too many outside shots which hurt us...also shows that we should dump it inside and attack on the midrange and to the bucket...you get more fouls that way

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
ya i've been saying this for a while...but what really kills us is the fact that we start out jacking up 3s and when we don't make them...we get off to a bad start and also lose confidence which carries out throughout the rest of the game.....it's like football where you establish your running game first...establish your game inside the free throw line and then spread your attack out...guarantee it leads to better % from 3

also of note, if you look at the % from 2 in this game and in many games we shoot poorly....it's actually surprisingly high... the problem is we take too many outside shots which hurt us...also shows that we should dump it inside and attack on the midrange and to the bucket...you get more fouls that way

I still say one of the worst things to happen to this team was Nolan getting all the Nat'l attention...he quit driving and starting shooting pull-up jumpers. The whole team is better when he gets to the rim.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
ouch.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
meh...could be worse...Ya need a good ass-kickin' on occasion to bring you back down to earth...

That's true. I didn't expect it to be against St. Johns though.

X

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
That's true. I didn't expect it to be against St. Johns though.

This game has scared me since I saw St. John's sched a while back. We were the last of an 8 game stretch against Ranked opponents for them...they went 3-5 I believe...made me even more uncomfortable when I saw how bad the best on their team played in their last game.

Lavin knows what he's doing...he's gonna have that team dancing this year.

Unfortunately, this is a game we win if Kyrie plays, imo...more driving to the hoop...less settling for threes...

ah well...

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Just saw this score on sportscenter...damn

In other news, Arizona is tied for 1st in the Pac-10!