College QB Talk. (Plus Fields)

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

The first 35 minutes or so of this is a discussion about college QB’s. At minute 34 they discuss Fields a bit. Good video if you want to hear about college QB’s not named Williams or Maye

Sounds like a very deep QB class.

Later on they mention the edge rushers aren’t showing out so far this season.

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
Yeah I think the Bears, if they are still not sure about Fields, can draft a QB in rounds 3-5 in this draft and get a good prospect. That is how deep this draft is.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I'd like to see the Bears draft Williams next year, just so they prove that even generational QB prospects can't succeed in Chicago.
If they really get the first pick I hope Williams goes back to college. Ultimate embarrassment to the mccaskeys and their shitty ass legacy to the sport

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If they really get the first pick I hope Williams goes back to college. Ultimate embarrassment to the mccaskeys and their shitty ass legacy to the sport

They’re probably not picking #1. So doesn’t matter

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Way too early to have this discussion but the Bears will know what they have at the end of this season with Fields. If they project another QB that can outplay him its an easy decision. Certainly would set the rebuild back but it would be the right move. 16 more games to play.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yeah I think the Bears, if they are still not sure about Fields, can draft a QB in rounds 3-5 in this draft and get a good prospect. That is how deep this draft is.

If it were up to Baba…. (Sadly it’s not)

I’d keep Fields for year 4. Draft a rookie QB with one of the first rounders and sit him for a year or two.

Fields gets every chance possible to succeed. Rookie gets a chance to sit and learn.

If Fields figures it out you have a young QB to trade and those are always valuable.

If Fields doesn’t figure it out you have plan B ready to go.

Obviously if Fields figures it out this year you don’t need to do this.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I'd like to see the Bears draft Williams next year, just so they prove that even generational QB prospects can't succeed in Chicago.
Unfortunately, people don't have the mental capacity to understand that it's not just about the QB.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
There is a very low chance of getting a really good QB in rounds 3-5 of any draft.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If it were up to Baba…. (Sadly it’s not)

I’d keep Fields for year 4. Draft a rookie QB with one of the first rounders and sit him for a year or two.

Fields gets every chance possible to succeed. Rookie gets a chance to sit and learn.

If Fields figures it out you have a young QB to trade and those are always valuable.

If Fields doesn’t figure it out you have plan B ready to go.

Obviously if Fields figures it out this year you don’t need to do this.
That can cause issues. It’s either Fields gets it this year or we draft QB high. My reasoning for saying it can cause issues is look what just happened to the 49ers. While I hope we don’t trade the farm for a top QB next year, the 49ers got only a 4th back. That’s not worth it

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
That can cause issues. It’s either Fields gets it this year or we draft QB high. My reasoning for saying it can cause issues is look what just happened to the 49ers. While I hope we don’t trade the farm for a top QB next year, the 49ers got only a 4th back. That’s not worth it

The 49ers situation has nothing to do with this. They traded 3 firsts for a guy that had just over 300 CAREER attempts at NDS. Just one of the worst draft picks ever.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Those guys are correct in that it's so difficult to predict how a QB will do with the ramped up play speed in the NFL. It takes a ridiculous combination of physical talent, processing ability, spatial awareness, and confidence to play QB well in the NFL - collectively what we might call instincts. And it's extremely difficult to judge that based on watching someone play in college, which is like a different game for QBs.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Fields has all the physical tools but the mental aspect is the toughest for a young QB. Way too many times he isn’t seeing/anticipating the right throws even when he has time.

Speed

Liked Posts:
I'm glad they brought up his footwork. Incredibly slow footwork in the pocket, no sense of urgency with his feet. It’s a big problem. It adds seconds to the play that he doesn’t have. He needs to have some football sense about him and realize he needs to speed up his process when his Line is getting beat like a drum.