College QB watch.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Sure. That's why he broke all of those records at Stanford. He is big, strong, can run, and doesn't throw a lot of interceptions. He improved his throwing mechanics quite a bit while in college. He'd be a good choice in the 3rd round if he is still there when the Bears pick.

See dawgs response.

Kevin Hogan is terrible mechanically. He had ONE notable game this year against a ND defense that was terrible. Prior to that he had been intercepted in something like 6 of the previous 8 games. He had 5 games this year where he threw less than 20 passes. In some games he threw 15 or fewer.

McCaffery made that offense go. Hogan is a smart, decently athletic QB for his skill set that I'm sure will float around the edges of NFL rosters for 5-7 years. He's not a legit prospect.

Then again you were the guy hyping up CJ Beathard before the big Iowa/Wsc game where Beathard was a complete clown..so...well...yeah

Last edited:

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
well no kidding...with the way the QB position is drafted he will probably be top 5 still. just pointing out its a bit funny with the knee jerk reactions. after the ole miss game, people on here made it sound like he was the next cam newton, tom brady, and joe Montana all wrapped into one guy

That's happening with Goff(again) after the bowl game. Goff was all the rage here for months.

I said in the other thread that Lynch is a pretty unique guy and might have the highest ceiling of any QB in this class, but hey, it's all a dice roll.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
That's happening with Goff(again) after the bowl game. Goff was all the rage here for months.

I said in the other thread that Lynch is a pretty unique guy and might have the highest ceiling of any QB in this class, but hey, it's all a dice roll.

completely agree with you. I do think lynch has the highest ceiling due to his physical gifts. just not sure how he will translate to the NFL from a gimmick offense at Memphis playing against mostly scrubs to the NFL. doesn't much matter for the bears though since goff and lynch will both be gone by the time they pick

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
My brother talked me off Prescott and he looked really good yesterday. He's a smart guy that already has a masters. Makes you wonder if splitting his study time with game film etc more than other prospects had an effect on his play. Looked better than the guy I talked up in Brissett but I still like what Brissett has as a later pick. He brings a lot of ability and arm to the table.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Connor Cook looks terrible. But his WRs, OL, and playcalling isn't helping him very much.

discplayer

Liked Posts:
Connor Cook looks terrible. But his WRs, OL, and playcalling isn't helping him very much.

Cook has not looked good at all, regardless of his OL or WR's performance. he's been staring down receivers and not seeing wide open ones.

we've already got a QB like that.

no thanks.

discplayer

Liked Posts:
Cook keeps looking only 1 receiver's direction. it's unbelievable how much he's tunneling and tipping off Bama's secondary!

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I rather have Hackenburg than Cook. I think the Penn State HC Franklin just sucks. Hackenburg was actually good in his freshmen year with Bill O'Brian as his HC. What's Cook's excuse? Dantonio is one of the best HC in big ten and NCAA. Let Hadkenburg sit a couple of years to develop.nGet Hackburg in 4th rd.

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Connor Cook = terrible

Sent from my Nexus 5X

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
YUP. Somebody will think they can fix him but this is the bad feeling I was taking about. Just doesn't seem to get it even though he looks the part, has good stats and record. Personally, I stay away where I expect him to be drafted and I may just stay away entirely unless it's a late round gimmy.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
See dawgs response.

Kevin Hogan is terrible mechanically. He had ONE notable game this year against a ND defense that was terrible. Prior to that he had been intercepted in something like 6 of the previous 8 games. He had 5 games this year where he threw less than 20 passes. In some games he threw 15 or fewer.

McCaffery made that offense go. Hogan is a smart, decently athletic QB for his skill set that I'm sure will float around the edges of NFL rosters for 5-7 years. He's not a legit prospect.

Then again you were the guy hyping up CJ Beathard before the big Iowa/Wsc game where Beathard was a complete clown..so...well...yeah

I was "hyping up" Beathard? You'll have to show me where I hyped him up.

As for Hogan, I just see him as a good guy to draft in the middle rounds of the upcoming draft. He has improved his mechanics, plays solld smart football, and is a very good athlete. In a draft in which there are not any supposed sure things at the quarterback position, Hogan seems to me to be a viable mid round draft pick, your "expert" opinions nonwithstanding.

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
Cal QB Jared Goff announces he's entering the NFL draft

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
My brother talked me off Prescott and he looked really good yesterday. He's a smart guy that already has a masters. Makes you wonder if splitting his study time with game film etc more than other prospects had an effect on his play. Looked better than the guy I talked up in Brissett but I still like what Brissett has as a later pick. He brings a lot of ability and arm to the table.

Dak Prescott capped his Mississippi State career by passing for 380 yards and four touchdowns in the Belk Bowl. He also rushed for 47 yards.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Last chance to watch Hackenberg and his complete waste of God given ability with the worst mechanics I've ever seen. Game starts at 11 am.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Last chance to watch Hackenberg and his complete waste of God given ability with the worst mechanics I've ever seen. Game starts at 11 am.

If he's around come 2nd round, I think Bears should take a flyer on him

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
That moment you realize there's perhaps one QB prospect in this draft. Is it Lynch is it Goff? After that there's no one that seems worth the price of admission.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
That moment you realize there's perhaps one QB prospect in this draft. Is it Lynch is it Goff? After that there's no one that seems worth the price of admission.

Wentz has alot to mold if your dealing with a ball of clay. He'd be just as talked about as Lynch if it wasn't for injury. He'll get alot of attention at the senior bowl.