Conditioning: The Bears Were Tired

TomWaddle

Liked Posts:
The Bears looked tired in the fourth quarter. Especially the D. I saw guys giving up on plays out there... just exhausted. I think that Cobb touchdown can be almost completely attributed to our guys being winded.

The Bears D held the Packers to 3 points going into the 4th quarter and then they give up 21 in the 4th? Sometimes the truth is simple... and the simple truth is our guys were wiped out. With proper conditioning this is a W.

I guess maybe it wasn't such a bright idea to not play our guys in the pre. Remember for next year Nagy.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I agree, Collinsworth even commented that Allen Robinson gave up on a route when he could not get behind the CB. D line was rushed and gassed. Yes, there was quite a bit of holding going on, but they were paying more attention to Rodgers getting hurt more.

Rodgers will most probably be diagnosed with an ACL or MCL sprain, if not partial tear. Wonder if he is going to miss games over this one comeback win over the bears.

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
I think the up-tempo offense on GB's part played a huge role in the defense being fatigued. Couple that with the offenses inability to sustain drives in the second half and voila.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Once Rodgers started with the hurry up offense our D was done.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
The Bears need to adopt Julius Pepper's wimpy, I mean Warrior, workout

[video=youtube;NT4Hx2FyTh8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NT4Hx2FyTh8[/video]

CAP BOSO

Liked Posts:
In theory sure, but as soon as a key player goes down with an ACL in preseason then Nagy is an idiot for playing guys in meaningless games. The D was definitely gassed, but the offense had like 3 straight 3 and outs in the second half.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
In theory sure, but as soon as a key player goes down with an ACL in preseason then Nagy is an idiot for playing guys in meaningless games. The D was definitely gassed, but the offense had like 3 straight 3 and outs in the second half.

Just two, their second and third possessions. Can't blame being gassed on the O, even though it seems like you can. Bears held the ball for almost 6 minutes to start the second half.

Tostada

Liked Posts:
Just two, their second and third possessions. Can't blame being gassed on the O, even though it seems like you can. Bears held the ball for almost 6 minutes to start the second half.

Exactly. The O, at least converted 3rd downs, except two that were badly needed.

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Good thing we got outta preseason w/o injuries tho. Better that than a 1-0 start, amirite?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Mack and Robinson looked tired, which is too be expected.

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
I’m sure that playing a half of a preseason game would have gotten them into shape.

Alterego

Master Debater
Donator
Liked Posts:
giphy.gif

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
After the opening drive of the 2nd half the Bears next two offensive possessions lasted a whole 3:50 combined...when the RB's are averaging over 5 yards a carry, you pound the ball and kill the clock to give the defense a decent rest. These are professional athletes who train and condition throughout the offseason and training camp. Conditioning isn't the problem.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is why you're *supposed* to play pre-season.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
The Bears had a long drive before the last possession. I belive the drive was over 6 minutes. It was just a busted play on the last possession. Randall Cobb is not even that good anymore but he always seems to look like a Pro Bowl player against the Bears.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
The long drives by GB and the short drives by the Bears O didn’t help. But I think it was less the D being tired than it was Rodgers continually getting rid of the ball in less than 2 seconds. And the linebackers and d backs never adjusted. I’m surprised Fangio just let Kwiatkoski get beaten on slants and crossing routes endlessly.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
The long drives by GB and the short drives by the Bears O didn’t help. But I think it was less the D being tired than it was Rodgers continually getting rid of the ball in less than 2 seconds. And the linebackers and d backs never adjusted. I’m surprised Fangio just let Kwiatkoski get beaten on slants and crossing routes endlessly.

That's the other end of it, the Packers made adjustments to counter the pass rush and the Bears didn't make much of an adjustment to counter the short quick passes