Master Debater
Donator
Liked Posts:
What-me-worry+Mad+image.jpg

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am not thrilled with the present WR corp but I like it better than the author. Written like a typical pessimistic, meat head Bear fan...

85Bears

Formerly known as 85Bears
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think it will be another year of Cutler really putting on the horse blinders and locking onto Marshall. The key difference is the OL should be better (first time in a 3 years I'm saying that), which means Cutler should have more time to force some passes in there, which i s a good thing.

I don't necessarily agree with this. Cutler focused on Marshall a lot last year. To a large extent that was deserved, but sometimes he was forcing it to Marshall when there were higher percentage options open. Marshall is awesome and I love him. But Cutler needs to learn to make better choices and not automatically fling it to BM. I think Trestman will work with Cutler on this. I hope to see a lot more variety in receptions.

Colonel_Buendia

Liked Posts:
We could definitely use more depth at WR and TE. It'd be great to have a variety of targets for Cutler. I hope that, in addition to re-addressing the D next year, Emery looks at bringing in some WRs and a second TE. Would be nice to take an approach similar to what the Bills did this offseason by adding Robert Woods, Marquise Goodwin, DaRick Rogers, and TE Chris Gragg in the draft.

edit to add a caveat: Unless the off-season training with Marshall and the new scheme help Jeffrey to the extent where he is a good #2, which I think is possible. Him stepping up would ease a lot of the receiving concern, because while Bennett/Bennett/Forte are an adequate middle of the field trio, Marshall is our only legitimate outside guy at this point.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The thing with Marshal is your talking one of the best YAC Wr's of all time.

It kinda goes both ways. You want to get it to him if you can, but the more you do the more they overplay him and he doesn't have room to run after the catch. Spreading the ball out would allow him to get his beast mode in gear and get some space.

Liked Posts:
Yeah looks like we're fucked. Hell I thought we were in good shape at WR.

The only thing I think they're missing is a reliable speed element, that knows how to run his routes according to his play book. Hell after last season I'd be happy with a fast WR that understood the concept of running forward after the catch. This is where I wish we still had Knox to compliment Marshall & Jeffery. Know wasn't very good at fighting for the ball & was kind of a one trick pony, but he did know how to run his routes without much complication unless he was crossed up by his former counter part Hester.

GSH1919

Liked Posts:
The current Bears wide outs are good enough to win with but the problem is in depth as after Bennett the talent level falls off a cliff. Having 3 strong receivers would be fine if Bennett could stay in one piece for a damn season but he's consistently on the sidelines for extended periods every offseason and that will push up a mediocre/inexperienced guy like Weems/Anderson/Wilson/ect into the mix.

Its time for Earl to finally put together a consistent dependable season or I'm asking him to take a pay cut as he simply isn't worth his salary if he's consistently on the shelf.