Connor Shaw not released

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ian Rapoport @RapSheet

#Bears QB Mark Sanchez suffered an injury to his knee, source said. Not thought to be major. That's why Connor Shaw wasn't officially waived
4:29 PM · May 30, 2017

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is from the Bears website :shrug:

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/ar...nor-Shaw/54ef0dbd-208c-4670-b087-2a93f423fb1b

The Bears on Tuesday made room on their 90-man roster for veteran receiver Victor Cruz by waiving quarterback Connor Shaw.

shaw-inside-053017.jpg
Quarterback Connor Shaw missed all of last season with a broken leg.

Shaw joined the Bears last July 1 when he was claimed off waivers from the Browns. He performed well in the preseason, completing 11 of 16 passes for 127 yards with two touchdowns, no interceptions and a 132.0 passer rating.
But Shaw was lost for the season when he suffered a broken leg in the Bears' third preseason game against the Chiefs.
Shaw entered the NFL in 2014 with the Browns as an undrafted free agent from South Carolina. He has appeared in one game, starting the season finale his rookie year against the Ravens and completing 14 of 28 passes for 177 yards with no touchdowns, one interception and a 55.2 passer rating.
Shaw missed the entire 2015 season with a thumb injury he suffered in a preseason game against the Redskins.
Shaw was the only remaining quarterback on the roster who was with the Bears last season. General manager Ryan Pace retooled the position during the offseason, signing veteran free agents Mike Glennon and Mark Sanchez and trading up to select Mitch Trubisky with the second pick in the draft.
The Bears' commitment to Glennon as the starter and Trubisky as their quarterback-of-the-future left few if any practice reps for Shaw.
Cruz, meanwhile, officially signed the one-year contract he had agreed to last Thursday. Cruz spent the first six years of his NFL career with the Giants from 2010-16, catching 303 passes for 4,549 yards and 25 touchdowns while playing in 70 games with 53 starts.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Ian Rapoport @RapSheet

#Bears QB Mark Sanchez suffered an injury to his knee, source said. Not thought to be major. That's why Connor Shaw wasn't officially waived
4:29 PM · May 30, 2017

I blame Kevin White.

This is from the Bears website :shrug:

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/ar...nor-Shaw/54ef0dbd-208c-4670-b087-2a93f423fb1b

The Bears on Tuesday made room on their 90-man roster for veteran receiver Victor Cruz by waiving quarterback Connor Shaw.

shaw-inside-053017.jpg
Quarterback Connor Shaw missed all of last season with a broken leg.

Shaw joined the Bears last July 1 when he was claimed off waivers from the Browns. He performed well in the preseason, completing 11 of 16 passes for 127 yards with two touchdowns, no interceptions and a 132.0 passer rating.
But Shaw was lost for the season when he suffered a broken leg in the Bears' third preseason game against the Chiefs.
Shaw entered the NFL in 2014 with the Browns as an undrafted free agent from South Carolina. He has appeared in one game, starting the season finale his rookie year against the Ravens and completing 14 of 28 passes for 177 yards with no touchdowns, one interception and a 55.2 passer rating.
Shaw missed the entire 2015 season with a thumb injury he suffered in a preseason game against the Redskins.
Shaw was the only remaining quarterback on the roster who was with the Bears last season. General manager Ryan Pace retooled the position during the offseason, signing veteran free agents Mike Glennon and Mark Sanchez and trading up to select Mitch Trubisky with the second pick in the draft.
The Bears' commitment to Glennon as the starter and Trubisky as their quarterback-of-the-future left few if any practice reps for Shaw.
Cruz, meanwhile, officially signed the one-year contract he had agreed to last Thursday. Cruz spent the first six years of his NFL career with the Giants from 2010-16, catching 303 passes for 4,549 yards and 25 touchdowns while playing in 70 games with 53 starts.

Check your link again. Now says Bears Rescind Waivers on Shaw.

Jhajuan Seales waived instead.

BearClaw55

SELL THE TEAM
Donator
Liked Posts:
They must have called Shaw back after Mark Sanchez hurt his knee. Lol cut for half a day...

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
They must have called Shaw back after Mark Sanchez hurt his knee.
Must have sucked to been the sap manning the phones today.

"Nah man...we were just playing with you. One of Foxy's weird offseason tests. You got a C+!!!"

Newblood

Liked Posts:
Must have sucked to been the sap manning the phones today.

"Nah man...we were just playing with you. One of Foxy's weird offseason tests. You got a C+!!!"

He was probably like: Shit!! The Patriots just called my agent and said they were interested in signing/claiming me!

Washington

Liked Posts:
I can't say I'd be upset with a Sanchez injury. The guy flat out sucks. I'm not buying all the BS that he's needed to mentor Mitchell. If he was such a great mentor, why did Dallas not re-sign him?

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Civilization, also known as Massachusetts
Definitely time for Connor to get get some "good breaks." Destiny?! Freakish weird luck?! Whatever.......He lives to throw another day!

Welcome back Connor!!!

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Per Rotoworld:

Mark Sanchez - QB - Bears

Bears No. 3 QB Mark Sanchez will be sidelined for the rest of the offseason program with a left knee injury.
Sanchez suffered the injury in Tuesday's OTAs session. The injury caused the Bears to reverse their release of Connor Shaw. Buried behind Mike Glennon and Mitchell Trubisky, Sanchez will be hard pressed to crack the 53-man roster, though he is owed $1 million guaranteed.

Source: Dan Wiederer on Twitter May 30 - 5:44 PM

Connor Shaw - QB - Bears

The Bears have decided not to waive Connor Shaw.
The team announced the move this morning, then changed course after an OTAs practice. The ex-Brown will serve as a camp arm, though obviously he's near the end of the 90-man roster. He might not make it to July.

Source: Rich Campbell on Twitter May 30 - 5:30 PM

Connor's got some strong Voodoo?!

Navy Orange Ninja

Liked Posts:
All we need from Sanchez is to be a mentor to young QBs, just put on IR or staff job as ASS QB coach.... Butt fumble... ASS coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Per Rotoworld:

Mark Sanchez - QB - Bears

Bears No. 3 QB Mark Sanchez will be sidelined for the rest of the offseason program with a left knee injury.
Sanchez suffered the injury in Tuesday's OTAs session. The injury caused the Bears to reverse their release of Connor Shaw. Buried behind Mike Glennon and Mitchell Trubisky, Sanchez will be hard pressed to crack the 53-man roster, though he is owed $1 million guaranteed.

Source: Dan Wiederer on Twitter May 30 - 5:44 PM

Connor Shaw - QB - Bears

The Bears have decided not to waive Connor Shaw.
The team announced the move this morning, then changed course after an OTAs practice. The ex-Brown will serve as a camp arm, though obviously he's near the end of the 90-man roster. He might not make it to July.

Source: Rich Campbell on Twitter May 30 - 5:30 PM

Connor's got some strong Voodoo?!

[video=youtube_share;voUMQrLy_uY]https://youtu.be/voUMQrLy_uY[/video]

Alpha

CBMB Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
I can't say I'd be upset with a Sanchez injury. The guy flat out sucks. I'm not buying all the BS that he's needed to mentor Mitchell. If he was such a great mentor, why did Dallas not re-sign him?
I heard Dak mentored Sanchez.

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
NEzdjxgkVO6aCD_2_b.jpg

Damien "Connor" Shaw.