Corey Crawford signs 6 year extension

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Oh, so in order to get paid big, you have to win a Cup?

Got it. You have some dumb logic.
Where did I say that? Reading comprehension should have been taught to you at a very young age and blaming the horrible Chicago school system for such ineptitude seems like a cop out, just sayin.

Face facts- Crawford is worth every penny of five million a year and would be his going rate. Throw in a fantastic playoff run that ended with a Cup win, and you got the extra six million on top. This isn't gonna stop Bowman from signing Hammer, nor will it effect the resigns of Toews and Kane. Lundqvist gets so much attention playing behind a damn good defensive core yet always seems to waffle in the playoffs where as Crawford put the exclamation point down during his last run.

Good goalie. Cup winner. Leading goalie contender to win the next one this year. Ill take it.

CHAMPS!!!

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Where did I say that? Reading comprehension should have been taught to you at a very young age and blaming the horrible Chicago school system for such ineptitude seems like a cop out, just sayin.

Face facts- Crawford is worth every penny of five million a year and would be his going rate. Throw in a fantastic playoff run that ended with a Cup win, and you got the extra six million on top. This isn't gonna stop Bowman from signing Hammer, nor will it effect the resigns of Toews and Kane. Lundqvist gets so much attention playing behind a damn good defensive core yet always seems to waffle in the playoffs where as Crawford put the exclamation point down during his last run.

Good goalie. Cup winner. Leading goalie contender to win the next one this year. Ill take it.

CHAMPS!!!

You don't know he will be worry 5/6 mil a year with his future play in question based on him being a guy who took great advantage of pad sizes. If that causes him to dwindle without having elite athleticism is he worth every penny?

Fucking A on Tapatalk

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
6 years, $36 million.

Like Crawford a lot ... don't like this deal. Too much money and too long of a deal for a team that doesn't need to spend that much on a goalie to win a championship.

As much as I like having Crawford, you have a point. Antti Niemi is under contract for over 2M less/season...and his save % was almost identical.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
King Lundqvist deserves all the hype because the guy is a hell of a goaltender.

Not his fault the team in front of him hasn't gotten the job done.

I hate the Rangers with a passion but i'd take him in a heartbeat over Crawf.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
As much as I like having Crawford, you have a point. Antti Niemi is under contract for over 2M less/season...and his save % was almost identical.

True, however, I don't think it's fair to compare the contracts of Crawford and Niemi because those contracts came at two different times under two very different circumstances.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Martini brought up goaltenders that haven't won a Cup but are getting paid big.

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
True, however, I don't think it's fair to compare the contracts of Crawford and Niemi because those contracts came at two different times under two very different circumstances.

Why not?, had the cap not been a stranglehold 3 years ago...would the Hawks not have given Niemi the same type of deal at the going market rate back then?.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Good to see that Serious and Dews have shaken off their Cup hangovers and back to being the grumpy old men on the forum. :hawkstroll:

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Why not?, had the cap not been a stranglehold 3 years ago...would the Hawks not have given Niemi the same type of deal at the going market rate back then?.

It's certainly possible but since you can't give a factual answer, only a guess, then that shows why I don't think it's fair to make that comparison.

There was a lockout between the offering of those two deals. The market has changed significantly since then. Plus, Niemi was concluding his rookie season in the NHL. Crawford finished his 3rd year, two of them being pretty good ones. Two wholly different scenarios.