Could Roses Issue Be Deeper Than Rust?

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
rust might be a part of it but i think its more than that

Derrick is under allot pressure to come back and perform at a high level...hes also having trouble with his girlfriend off court (if you dont know him and his girl/mother of his child broke up) which could be playing a part aswell idk

im thinking all the stress is affecting him and hes not thinking straight...his decision making has been mind boggling

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think pressure has something to do with it. Fans, the media and even he himself had raised expectations for his return. Now he's got to live up to it, or he might think he does. Once he gets relaxed he should start playing better. Better to play poorly now than late in the season.

Last edited:

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
I think pressure has something to do with it. Fans, the media and even he himself had raised expectations for his return. Now he's got to live up to it, or he might think he does. Once he gets relaxed he should start playing better. Better to play poorly now than late in the season.

yeah i think hes putting to much on himself...he just needs to relax

i dont think hes very happy with his play and hes trying too hard and trying to do too much

we got a few days before we play the pacers...hopefully rose can cool down and get his head on straight

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Trade Rose for a legit #2 scorer?

mike223

Liked Posts:
RS is much harder than the preseason. Be patient fellas. DRose will get back to elite form but it's not going to happen in 3 games.

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
RS is much harder than the preseason. Be patient fellas. DRose will get back to elite form but it's not going to happen in 3 games.

Agreed.

As I said in another thread, players don't fully recover their pre-injury form from ACL tears until two years after the injury....if they ever fully recover. I truly believe that Rose will fully regain his form around the all-star break.

CP3 didn't regain his pre-injury form from a torn MCL until two years later. He was still a good player, but far from his prior elite form.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Rose spends too much time focusing on his weaknesses. He should just let the game come to him and do what comes naturally (cliche, but true). Stop shooting 3s if you know it's a low percentage shot for you. He should just stop taking sets shots all together, and focus solely on scoring off the dribble. Either get to the rim, or knock down a pull-up jumper. He's at his best when he attacks the basket, so that's what he should do. Like I said though, let the game come to you, dribble and pass the ball if the shot's not there.

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
Rose spends too much time focusing on his weaknesses. He should just let the game come to him and do what comes naturally (cliche, but true). Stop shooting 3s if you know it's a low percentage shot for you. He should just stop taking sets shots all together, and focus solely on scoring off the dribble. Either get to the rim, or knock down a pull-up jumper. He's at his best when he attacks the basket, so that's what he should do. Like I said though, let the game come to you, dribble and pass the ball if the shot's not there.
He has to shoot for the "rust" to come off.

In regards to him attacking the basket, he's doing plenty of that. He's simply not getting any "star" foul calls.

Liked Posts:
Right now he's playing like 2009 Derrick Rose when he took those soft ass pictures. By January he should be back to form though, right now he's doing too much

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
He has to shoot for the "rust" to come off.

In regards to him attacking the basket, he's doing plenty of that. He's simply not getting any "star" foul calls.

Yeah, but you missed my point. He's forcing things by driving into double teams and trying to put up some reverse 360 shit that just gets swatted away. Doing this over and over and crying about fouls is counterproductive. Instead, Rose should make teams pay when they double or triple team him by passing the ball or taking the pull-up jumper off the glass.

Play to your strengths and take what the defense gives you.

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
Yeah, but you missed my point. He's forcing things by driving into double teams and trying to put up some reverse 360 shit that just gets swatted away. Doing this over and over and crying about fouls is counterproductive. Instead, Rose should make teams pay when they double or triple team him by passing the ball or taking the pull-up jumper off the glass.

Play to your strengths and take what the defense gives you.
True. The problem is that he's even making bad decisions with his passing.

I'm not too concerned about him, though.

The moment he tore his ACL against Philly, I knew that it would take a couple years before he regained his pre-injury form. My fear was that he never would regain it, but I'm now optimistic from watching him thus far that his speed & athleticism is still there. That bodes well for his future & the future of the franchise.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
True. The problem is that he's even making bad decisions with his passing.

I'm not too concerned about him, though.

The moment he tore his ACL against Philly, I knew that it would take a couple years before he regained his pre-injury form. My fear was that he never would regain it, but I'm now optimistic from watching him thus far that his speed & athleticism is still there. That bodes well for his future & the future of the franchise.

He's in the best shape of his professional career, but looking at the big picture I don't see many positives unless the Bulls as an organization make a commitment to getting better players around him. I don't want to see Rose waste the best years of his career or re-injure himself trying to do too much.

Liked Posts:
He's in the best shape of his professional career, but looking at the big picture I don't see many positives unless the Bulls as an organization make a commitment to getting better players around him. I don't want to see Rose waste the best years of his career or re-injure himself trying to do too much.

This.

I like this Bulls roster but I feel like they should get a 2nd star (K.Love, maybe Melo, even Kobe?) to compliment him, however regardless of how we do, it will be a fun season :bullbang:

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:

Derrick is under allot pressure to come back and perform at a high level...hes also having trouble with his girlfriend off court (if you dont know him and his girl/mother of his child broke up) which could be playing a part aswell idk

im thinking all the stress is affecting him and hes not thinking straight...his decision making has been mind boggling

Plus add on the stress and dissapointment with how his boss sits behind the desk all day, or is out golphing instead of trying to bring in some real authentic star caliber helo abd pieces so he actually has a chance to win against these other teams that surround him. His rivals do have bosses that are working tirelessly to make things happen.....

Plus Derrick Rose may still be suffering from physical tweeks.

Last edited:

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
This.

I like this Bulls roster but I feel like they should get a 2nd star (K.Love, maybe Melo, even Kobe?) to compliment him, however regardless of how we do, it will be a fun season :bullbang:

The DRAFT should be fun too.
:troll:

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:

Shit, I didn't know .... #BullsPride!

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
I didn't want to start a new thread, but Thibs has echoed what some of us have said regarding Rose not getting "star" foul calls. Here's the quote & article link below:

Rose, who’s game has always been predicated on aggressive drives to the basket, doesn’t appear to be getting the "superstar calls" that most players of his caliber in the league get. This has been an issue going back a couple of seasons and Tom Thibodeau thinks his star’s demeanor may have something to do with it.

"I’ll say this: I don’t know of anyone who drives as hard as he does. Nor as fast as he does," said Thibodeau to the Chicago Tribune after the Bulls three-hour practice on Monday. "And I think sometimes he’s penalized for being a nice guy. I’ll leave it at that."
Source: http://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/out...13-14-NBA-Season-230638901.html#ixzz2jn3oTS7K