Cub fans during the anthem

WCulbertson

Grammer Po-Po
Liked Posts:
Did you guys see/hear that?

During the anthem at Wrigley the crowd cheered during the entire anthem in a similar fashion that occurs at the madhouse.

What do you guys think about that? I thought it was kinda cool but that's a Blackhawks thing and it would be cheap to steal it from them.

EnjoyYourTiger

That weird bear thing.
Donator
Liked Posts:
meh, i think something like the hawks winning the cup unites the entire city. cubs fans cheering through the duration of the anthem is just another way of it, i think.

WCulbertson

Grammer Po-Po
Liked Posts:
yeah, theres a lot of sox fans there too. common theme= blackhawk fans.

GrinderBall41

Sox/B'Hawks/Bears/Purdue
Liked Posts:
Thats really cool if its just a one time thing to honor them.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
love it how there is a chicago baseball series right after the blackhawks win the stanley cup

WCulbertson

Grammer Po-Po
Liked Posts:
Yeah it's perfect timing. Hopefully it isn't too long before the city can cheer about both of their baseball teams.

N3

Liked Posts:
Its really not that big of a deal if they continue it, sure it may be the Blackhawk's thing but it would be cool if the Cubs started doing it.

Savoir_Faire_18

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would be more worried about Wrigley falling to the ground with all the noise lol. Granted... nothing matches the sounds inside the United Center.

cubsjunkie

mistress
Liked Posts:
It's just kind of like the Hawks having the Cubs [W] flag. Eh, it unites Chicago sports but I kinda hope it isn't a regular thing. It should stay at the Madhouse.

It will no doubt happen again tomorrow bc the Hawks & the Cup will be at the game doing the stretch & throwing out the first pitch. Oh, and Jim Cornelison will be singing the anthem.

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
Considering that I used to get shit for wearing Hawks gear at Wrigley (despite being a Cub fan) ... I don't have much use for it some times...

Actually now that I think about it - I think I got shit about the National Anthem and "how disrespectful" Hawk fans were to it ... it was a long time ago ... back in the day when there was only "18,000 Hawk fans".

Nice to see-- be shocked if it lasts.