Cubs 2014 Draft Slot Watch

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
Cubs are currently in 4th place at 13-21 and only a 1/2 game behind the Dodgers, well actually a full game behind of having the 3rd overall pick in next years draft.

This is what some think is the only way to get competitive, so they might as well aim high. :clap:

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
Cubs are currently in 4th place at 13-21 and only a 1/2 game behind the Dodgers, well actually a full game behind of having the 3rd overall pick in next years draft.

This is what some think is the only way to get competitive, so they might as well aim high. :clap:

Looks like the plan is working at Command Central. Should be right up there on top after July's trade deadline.

World Series run isn't that far away afterall. Hopefully all this great talent assembled, will have time to get settled in on their new clubhouse built just for them, in 2015/16.

This is truely exciting stuff going on.

:harden::cum:

KBisBack!

Liked Posts:
LOL!

It only took the Rays losing 90+ games for nine years in a row and drafting in the top 8 for 10 straight seasons for their little five year run at being competitive.

But no one here is talking about how their low point in the winning cycle was a lot longer than their high points.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
LOL!

It only took the Rays losing 90+ games for nine years in a row and drafting in the top 8 for 10 straight seasons for their little five year run at being competitive.

But no one here is talking about how their low point in the winning cycle was a lot longer than their high points.

When did they have a low point? I don't remember.

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
LOL!

But gee whiz. The Cubs can retain their talent because they have money. But golly gee when will that actually happen ?

With the horrible pertcentages of a high draft pick becoming an All-Star and stuff you'd think it will more than likely never happen.

But I know Theo has a history of building his own team and what a success story he's brought with him.

I hope the chicken bones get picked up before the maggots show up.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
But gee whiz. The Cubs can retain their talent because they have money. But golly gee when will that actually happen ?

With the horrible pertcentages of a high draft pick becoming an All-Star and stuff you'd think it will more than likely never happen.

But I know Theo has a history of building his own team and what a success story he's brought with him.

I hope the chicken bones get picked up before the maggots show up.

[video=youtube;un4DfQH02tY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=un4DfQH02tY[/video]