Cubs And Rangers Discussing Matt Garza

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Methinks they'll have to really pony up then.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Methinks they'll have to really pony up then.

it will be a break even, you gave up a lot to get him, you will get back about the same. if the cubs are "in" on pujols and fielder than why move one of your best SPs for prospects?

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
it will be a break even, you gave up a lot to get him, you will get back about the same. if the cubs are "in" on pujols and fielder than why move one of your best SPs for prospects?

You got me. The new Cubs work in mysterious ways :lol:

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

as far as theo and company playing smart business, I give them an A. They are still doing there normal shit to improve the team by improving the farm and looking to save a buck while having the media and the fans believe that they are going for fielder and pujols.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
as far as theo and company playing smart business, I give them an A. They are still doing there normal shit to improve the team by improving the farm and looking to save a buck while having the media and the fans believe that they are going for fielder and pujols.

They might still be trying to poach one of them, but as long as they're not mortgaging the future I'm okay with it.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I still think they should build the pitching staff around garza, as we all are seeing, SPing is at a premium

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
I still think they should build the pitching staff around garza, as we all are seeing, SPing is at a premium

The worst-case scenario, which may turn out to be best-case in a few years, is that the Cubs are getting ready to punt the next season. It won't be very popular with the fans, but the team's broken in so many ways that sometimes you just want to blow it up and start over.

I don't think they'll do that though. I think the Garza talks are at the very least a way to gauge his value on the trade market. They might hold on to him until some contender in 2012 is desperate and then try to make a bigger killing.

Very unpredictable, this front office is.

bleacherbum54

GoCubsGo
Liked Posts:

I dont I think the FO understands that a guy like CJ is getting a 5 or 6 yr deal at 15m per year they are scared at what Garza will get. We dont have enough years of control for Garza I dont blame the FO to get a haul for him now especially from the Rangers farm system. The FO isn't gonna say it but we are in rebuild mode which IMO is needed.

85Bears4life

Bears Hall Of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:

eb7.jpg

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They might still be trying to poach one of them, but as long as they're not mortgaging the future I'm okay with it.

i wont get into detail, but how many years of pujols esque numbers is a team really going to get? 10 years worth? hell no! thats even if his age is correct, if he is older...than fuck.

Fielder- another huge deal that really doesnt do much for the team within that window where prince will be good. you would have to hope he can still play 1b 8-10 years from now....and the best years of his career he has aram gone, soriano probably gone and getting older. so you lose the HRs in the two players, gain some of the hrs back with fielder, than replace the OBP of a fukedome........how does this make this team a contender? than add the fact that garza is on the block, and even with him the pitching isnt all that great....take him out and its fucked.

none of the big splashes make sense, but if your in for that quick excitement, and i dont mean you specifically, just some fans in general than the big splash is the way to go....if you want to risk it again like the cubs did with soriano, the splash is the way to go....but these are high risk contracts. like it was said before, why pay someone for their past production?

bleacherbum54

GoCubsGo
Liked Posts:
Scott Feldman the Cubs want but the Rangers dont want to include him