1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
:alborland:

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
4 batters! 4 runs. Cubs smoking. Nate goes yard for a 3 run jack and Lake beats out an IF single. 0 outs still

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cubs have brought their sticks tonight. 7 batters 6 runs. Still no one out.

Flacco4Prez

Liked Posts:
I feel like it's safe to say the Cubs have officially hit rock bottom the past two games. Pen has been shaky lately. E-Jax has shown why he bounced from team to team for so long, and Rizzo and Castro at the top of the order have hit 2/16...Awesome

This team is definitely tanking, so obvious. I'm glad we are distancing ourselves from that block of 9 teams that were within 3 games. (NOt sarcasm). Twins, Mariners, Phillies, Mets, Padres, Rockies getting ahead of us recently. I'm done wasting my time watching this team however. I will go to a couple games next year but until they start becoming watchable again I will no longer be ordering ticket packages.

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cubes find another way to lose. Score 6 runs in 1st inning without recording an out and then Lost 8-6

Sad bunch of players on this team. (By the way 23/25 are Theo players brought in) Theo team he built SUCKS BALLZZZZ

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA only these fucksticks could lose this game. I am getting sick of this shit! We need change. Fast!

Flacco4Prez

Liked Posts:
Cubes find another way to lose. Score 6 runs in 1st inning without recording an out and then Lost 8-6

Sad bunch of players on this team. (By the way 23/25 are Theo players brought in) Theo team he built SUCKS BALLZZZZ

Well to be fair he didn't build this team to win. Which is the part I have a problem with. He's had his 2 years of tanking, next year we better start seeing results or the fan base as a whole could create an ugly scene. Now I'm not expecting the Cubs to even finish .500 next season, but we better see at least 3 prospects solidify themselves into the big league lineup for good next year. And I mean legit prospects like Olt, Bryant, Baez, Alcantra, Vizcaino, Sczur, etc. Same thing goes the following year as well. The rotation needs two more arms, the bullpen needs a couple more and every single player in the lineup needs to be replaced, with the exception of Lake, and Castro/Rizzo who I will not give up on yet.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
Well to be fair he didn't build this team to win. Which is the part I have a problem with. He's had his 2 years of tanking, next year we better start seeing results or the fan base as a whole could create an ugly scene. Now I'm not expecting the Cubs to even finish .500 next season, but we better see at least 3 prospects solidify themselves into the big league lineup for good next year. And I mean legit prospects like Olt, Bryant, Baez, Alcantra, Vizcaino, Sczur, etc. Same thing goes the following year as well. The rotation needs two more arms, the bullpen needs a couple more and every single player in the lineup needs to be replaced, with the exception of Lake, and Castro/Rizzo who I will not give up on yet.

I think above and beyond that, the brass will have to bring in free agents and I think the expectations will be above .500. You can't just dump kids at the league minimum and drop payroll another 25-30 million. I mean you can, but I don't think they will.

I think next year will be the mix and match year or BOTH where they will bring in some quality free agents coupled with some youth and this will be the start at the major league level that people have been wanting to see. At least that is what I am hoping for. :popcorn:

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
cubs-win-w-flag.jpg

daddies3angels

Is it next year yet?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Shark goes 8 IP 2 runs. Got out of 8th inning trouble very nicely. Had bases loaded 0 outs and only gives up 1 run on sac fly. Barney goes deep (still sucks)

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
I changed the channel after the top of the 9th and forgot to change it back. I couldn't tell you right now how the game ended lol. That kinda season.........

edit: I see the W flag got posted :hi5:

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Back to back dominant starts from Shark is a nice sign. I will take it even if it was against a struggling Nats lineup and a less than good Padres lineup.