Cubs used Jason Heyward to lure Jon Lester

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:

Not surprised at this at all.

A guy I worked with at a previous job was part of a bus rental/entertainment company. When the White Sox used buses for the parade in 2005, my buddy was on a bus. When it came back he noticed under the place Kenny was sitting was a print out of players and projected teams players would go from rookie level thru FA and when they thought they would break thru among other things. I was fortunate that he let me look at it. One guy on the list is Alejandro De Aza and that they wanted him for their Outfield.

It was pretty darn neat to see.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not surprised at this at all.

A guy I worked with at a previous job was part of a bus rental/entertainment company. When the White Sox used buses for the parade in 2005, my buddy was on a bus. When it came back he noticed under the place Kenny was sitting was a print out of players and projected teams players would go from rookie level thru FA and when they thought they would break thru among other things. I was fortunate that he let me look at it. One guy on the list is Alejandro De Aza and that they wanted him for their Outfield.

It was pretty darn neat to see.

When they say there's no off season for the front office...it apparently is true. No problem...just putting together a list of potential players for next season in between waves on the parade route. LOL

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Just seems that Almora will end up traded. That sales pitch pretty much summed up Almora's future.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Wasn't there some form of talk of trading someone to the braves for Heyward or Justin Upton? I'm struggling to remember who that was. Maybe Shark?

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wasn't there some form of talk of trading someone to the braves for Heyward or Justin Upton? I'm struggling to remember who that was. Maybe Shark?

Im pretty sure Heyward but I think it was for like our whole farm. lol

DanTown

Liked Posts:
Just a tip of the cap to the Atlanta Braves

Jason Heyward (one year control)
Jordan Walden (three years control)

for

Darby Swanson (#1 pick)
Aaron Blair
Ender Inciarte (one year pre-arb; four years control)
Tyrell Jenkins

That's amazing GM'ing.

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
Theo & Co have done an incredible job of laying out a plan for this organization and sticking to it