Cubs vs. A's

CSF77

Liked Posts:
He will move quick. He just started throwing a slider/cutter a year and a half ago. Its a focus. But, early results of control and how electric his arm is a great sign

With starting pitching it is building endurance. College is sat pitcher with 6 off days or for him 3B.

He was not getting 150 innings.

So he will have to build up innings and if he is not challenged by the talent then he will move up for growth.

You have to temper the hype train with common sense

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
With starting pitching it is building endurance. College is sat pitcher with 6 off days or for him 3B.

So he will have to build up innings and if he is not challenged by the talent then he will move up for growth.

Considering the messenger…

Last edited by a moderator:

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

The hype train is his stuff is nasty. His slider is absolutely nasty. He does have to be stretched out but it isnt going to be in low A ball. He is going to move quickly with the hopes of hitting AA by the end of the year. I dont expect him to be throwing bullets in the majors this year. Even though, his 1 2 punch of fastball and slider he would probably become the best closer on the team this year

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I took a break from Cubs in general. Sports also. I'm pretty tempered. But this team is getting me interested again. I think they're close and a major move like otani puts them into contender ship so that's something I think jed should be willing to commit to.

I was debating on going to some games when they come to SD. At this point it is a yes.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
The hype train is his stuff is nasty. His slider is absolutely nasty. He does have to be stretched out but it isnt going to be in low A ball. He is going to move quickly with the hopes of hitting AA by the end of the year. I dont expect him to be throwing bullets in the majors this year. Even though, his 1 2 punch of fastball and slider he would probably become the best closer on the team this year

Hard maybe. I would prefer Jed extending Steele first. 2nd target a legit Closer this summer. That is going to be the biggest issue this year.

Jed made some questionable moves. Talion and Shakey pen options. That is going to be a issue this year as that is wasted resources that could have gone to a stable closer and given Thompson the work until Hendricks could return.

The Tailon deal felt more of losing Hendricks and Sto at the end of the year and covering himself