You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Thoughts?

maxhatter

Liked Posts:
Jarran Reed is a good ball player, but he wants a new contract and that's why things broke down in Seattle. I think you would have to sign him to a multi-year and it looks like the Bears want to start moving some of the money they have on defense to the other side of the ball.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Jarran Reed is a good ball player, but he wants a new contract and that's why things broke down in Seattle. I think you would have to sign him to a multi-year and it looks like the Bears want to start moving some of the money they have on defense to the other side of the ball.

I never really considered this until now. they hired an offensive minded head coach, right? the offense has been barely patchwork. maybe there's a rhyme and a reason to all of this. lol

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I never really considered this until now. they hired an offensive minded head coach, right? the offense has been barely patchwork. maybe there's a rhyme and a reason to all of this. lol
Wait! The Bears have an offensive minded head coach?

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I’m not sure Hicks is a lock by any means to make this team. How else are you going to clear cap space for Wilson?

mecha

Liked Posts:
Wait! The Bears have an offensive minded head coach?

I know... I mean... that's what he was billed as being, at least. fucking rebuilt Adam Gase if you ask me.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Listen, I hope I’m wrong, but I’ve been saying it since November, Hicks fell off a cliff. Goldman isn’t going to help him.

I love Hicks but age is his worst enemy right now.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Listen, I hope I’m wrong, but I’ve been saying it since November, Hicks fell off a cliff. Goldman isn’t going to help him.

I love Hicks but age is his worst enemy right now.
When Hicks is in the game, he simply makes the defense better, if Eddie can spell him during the game without much drop off, then the Bears defense can be better this year.

Is he worth the $12M?

dennehy

Liked Posts:
When Hicks is in the game, he simply makes the defense better, if Eddie can spell him during the game without much drop off, then the Bears defense can be better this year.

Is he worth the $12M?
Goldman and Hicks play different positions.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I would rather extend Nichols for far less and draft a replacement for hicks

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Reed is more of a one gap player, disruptive. But he really doesn't do what Hicks does, which is bully guys and dominate the LOS. I tend to prefer one gappers who penetrate and cause havoc, but with Nichols, who is mostly that kind of guy (he's gotten better at two gap, no doubt) at the other DE Reed may be a liability against the run.