Cutler has sprained MCL

paytonisgod

Liked Posts:
Screw it, put Cutler on IR, too. The season is done anyway. Even if the Bears were able to still squeak into the playoffs as a wildcard, does anyone believe they won't be anything but one-and-done?

You won't know till they play.

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I remember this game like if it was yesterday, Jay was a Pro Bowl QB BEAST back when he was with the Denver Broncos. Hester saved our asses on that game!

[video=youtube;sEL4K3_vO5I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEL4K3_vO5I[/video]
Yeah I remember that game Cutler completely out shoots Sexy Rexy! Not hard to do though since Jay is a much, much better quarterback!

northsiderbearcub

Liked Posts:
Cutler has sprained MCL
But coach insists QB will be good to go Sunday against Packers

Email
print

Jay Cutler

Jay Cutler lays on the ground after being sacked by the Vikings' Everson Griffen during the second half. (Nuccio DiNuzzo/Tribune Photo / December 13, 2012)
By Brad Biggs, Chicago Tribune reporter

10:39 p.m. CST, December 13, 2012
In the first meeting with the Packers, Jay Cutler was forced to run for his life and was sacked seven times, the second-most in his career.

Now, it's worth wondering if he will have trouble eluding the Packers' pass rush again as Cutler has a sprained medial collateral ligament, according to an NFL source.

A team source said it's not remotely as serious as the MCL injury that knocked him out of the second half of the NFC championship game loss to the Packers two years ago at Soldier Field. Cutler is expected to have full participation in Friday's practice.

The Bears list Cutler on the injury report with neck and knee injuries, and said he was knocked out of the fourth quarter of last Sunday's loss at Minnesota with a stiff neck after a high-low hit from Vikings defensive linemen Everson Griffen and Jared Allen.

Cutler was listed as limited in Thursday's practice and the injury report Wednesday indicated he would not have practiced if the team had. Instead, coach Lovie Smith opted for a walk-through.

The MCL injury two years ago led to a firestorm of unfounded criticism and accusations the quarterback lacked toughness. Cutler has said he will play Sunday against the Packers, and everyone at Halas Hall has indicated he's going to start.

Smith was asked after practice Thursday if there was fear that Cutler's mobility with the knee injury the team listed him as having would be reduced.

"None at all," Smith said. "He practiced without any trouble at all. … He should be fine."

The Packers' pass rush could depend largely on whether or not outside linebacker Clay Matthews, limited in practice the last two days, plays. He has missed the previous four games with a pulled hamstring and still leads the team with nine sacks.

Safety Charles Woodson (collarbone) is out and his absence will limit some of the options the defense has to blitz. Woodson has missed six games. In seven games with Woodson, the Packers had 24 sacks. In six games without him, they have 11.

The Bears have allowed their big investment to get annihilated. Sickening how this franchise is ass backwards when it comes to the OL and QB position.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Screw it, put Cutler on IR, too. The season is done anyway. Even if the Bears were able to still squeak into the playoffs as a wildcard, does anyone believe they won't be anything but one-and-done?

The year the Packers won the Super Bowl they had like 12 or 13 guys on the IR. Of course, that was Green Bay and not Chicago. Could the Bears pull off something like that? No, probably not. Reasons? Packer's have an outstanding front office that's great at recognizing talent. Up until a year ago, the Bears had Jerry Angelo....nuff said. The Packer's have a very good coaching staff....the Bears have Lovie & company...again, nuff said. It can be done....just not here, at least not now.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The year the Packers won the Super Bowl they had like 12 or 13 guys on the IR. Of course, that was Green Bay and not Chicago. Could the Bears pull off something like that? No, probably not. Reasons? Packer's have an outstanding front office that's great at recognizing talent. Up until a year ago, the Bears had Jerry Angelo....nuff said. The Packer's have a very good coaching staff....the Bears have Lovie & company...again, nuff said. It can be done....just not here, at least not now.

The year the Pack won the SB only one person was a starter and it was their TE. Stop using that as an example

Milton Waddams

Liked Posts:
The year the Pack won the SB only one person was a starter and it was their TE. Stop using that as an example

Yep. They didn't lose an irreplaceable player. Yes, they deal with injuries better than we do. But their injuries that year...they didn't lose one of their key guys (outside of Woodson the 2nd half of the SB).

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I feel bad for Jay. We give him traffic cones for protection.

Not even close. You have to weave around traffic cones and sometimes even stop. Our ol sounds nothing like that,thry are much easier

illmatic34

Liked Posts:
As much as I rag on Cutler for his inconsistency and his apologists, he is the only chance we have for winning the Super Bowl. Reading about his injuries is unsettling because I feel if the OL is going to be continually neglected as it has been the past few seasons, he will be more and more inclined to leave when his contract is up. I have faith in Emery addressing the OL this off-season though.