Not open for further replies.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Posted: 9/17/2010 3:09:00 PM

Voters on NFL.com have selected Bears quarterback Jay Cutler as the FedEx Air NFL player of the week for his performance in last Sunday’s season-opening win over the Lions.

Cutler completed 23 of 35 passes for 372 yards with two touchdowns, one interception and a 108.3 passer rating. The 372 yards were the second most in Cutler’s career, topped only by the 447 he compiled at Cleveland on Nov. 6, 2008 when he played for the Broncos. The 372 yards also were the most by a Bears quarterback in a season opener and tied for the sixth most in franchise history.

Cutler, who was selected from among six finalists, threw for the second-most yards in Week 1, topped only by the Indianapolis Colts’ Peyton Manning, who passed for 433 yards in a loss to the Houston Texans.

Cutler also scrambled for 22 yards on five carries, helping the Bears compile 463 total yards, the most since Oct. 26, 1997 when they had 465 in an overtime win over the Dolphins in Miami.

Cutler tabbed FedEx Air NFL player of the week

Scroll down for story if clicking link.

Last edited:

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
Good for him! 2 Bears got recognize for there performance on Sunday. Forte and now Cutler. Nice!

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not going to be jump on the Jay Cutler bandwagon until the Bears light up a team not named the Lions.

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
I heard that...but haven't heard of this fucking award before.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
I heard that...but haven't heard of this fucking award before.

You haven't? It usually comes on commercials when the Bears game is on and any football game for that matter. Also, it's on NFL.com. This award have been here for a few years, even more maybe.

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
You haven't? It usually comes on commercials when the Bears game is on and any football game for that matter. Also, it's on NFL.com. This award have been here for a few years, even more maybe.

Commercials...yeah, that explains it. That's time for me to mute it and get work done, a cocktail, or some valuable time in the "library."

Ya know, I don't spend much time on NFL.com unless I'm peaking at the top for scores.

Thanks. When/Who was the last Bear to earn the award?

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
There is a weekly Air and Ground award... I think Forte got the ground award two years ago a time or two... air, if cutler didn't get it last year at all I'm not sure. I know Griese was nominated as one of the 3 candidates a time in 07. Not sure if Orton ever was, doubt it.

Rex won it 3 times in 06. Against the Bucs, Seahawks, and Lions.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
Both Forte and Cutler deserved the award, but it's still the Lions

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Forte was actually the first Bear to get the Ground player of the week since Anthony Thomas did. I thought Forte did In 07... I guess I was thinking of Forte's rookie of the week awards he got not that one.

Last edited:

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
lol, Forte got the ground award for his production through the air...excellent.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Rex Grossman is the king of the universe though. Cut Jay some slack.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
That list says Thomas Jones won it week 2 of 05...

Ah what Forte won was just NFC offensive player of the week, not the ground award, damn that would of been funny

Status
Not open for further replies.