Cutler's First Concussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJ-28

Liked Posts:
Alot of people have been stating that Culter has had 5 or more concussions. Well I am here to set the story right. This was Cutles first concussion. I watched Cutler in all home games when he was in Denver and he never got hurt. He started in 57 straight games he played in Denver and never had a concussion in college. Here is a link that states the same.

NFL: Bears QB Jay Cutler ready to return from concussion | Deseret News

Last edited:

MRN

MRNeverwearthesamething
Donator
Liked Posts:
My lord, you are quite the English major.

JJ-28

Liked Posts:
My lord, you are quite the English major.

Boy are wrong, hell I can't even spell concussion right the first time. But then I have been out of school longer then most of the people on this site have been alive

At least I know someone read the post.

Thank you for pointing my error out to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: MRN

MRN

MRNeverwearthesamething
Donator
Liked Posts:
Boy are wrong, hell I can't even spell concussion right the first time. But then I have been out of school more then likely longer then you been alive.

Boy I are wrong. :)

Just busting your balls.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
......ok? So what? You don't need to have a "concussion" in order to suffer from brain impairment or increase your likelihood of suffering from longer-term stuff like CTE and early onset dementia, Chris Henry proved that, as well as the recent study of a high school football team that showed some 4 players had brain impairment at least as bad as other players on their team that suffered no-doubt "concussions".

JJ-28

Liked Posts:
......ok? So what? You don't need to have a "concussion" in order to suffer from brain impairment or increase your likelihood of suffering from longer-term stuff like CTE and early onset dementia, Chris Henry proved that, as well as the recent study of a high school football team that showed some 4 players had brain impairment at least as bad as other players on their team that suffered no-doubt "concussions".

Don't think anyone was disagreeing with that especially me. I know what its like to get hit like Cutler did and your a 100% right it doesn't take more then on bad hit and you can end up with brain damage for the rest of your life

FedEx227

Liked Posts:
I think you're missing his point. He's saying that even if he's only been diagnosed with 1 concussion doesn't mean he doesn't have brain damage.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I think you're missing his point. He's saying that even if he's only been diagnosed with 1 concussion doesn't mean he doesn't have brain damage.

I like this argument, because it basically means everyone has brain damage. :lmao: BTW, not laughing at you FE, just the idea that was brought up.

Wow, and to think, Cutler made a pro-bowl. But of course, that's nothing special, all QBs must have some kind of brain damage.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils

I think Lefty was missing his point. He was saying people have been claiming he's had more then 1 "diagnosed" concussion. He never referenced the existence or lack of brain damage from hits in his lifetime.

FedEx227

Liked Posts:
He did though. In many interviews he's referenced in college times when he was completely knocked out and clearly sustained one whether treated or not.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
That could be true. However this isn't about undiagnosed problems/symptoms that he has had in the past.

Diagnosed concussions is the topic. Im sure he's had several unreported/undiagnosed...most football players do.

FedEx227

Liked Posts:
But his premise is stupid.

"I watched all his games in Denver and he never got hurt"

Even though all the reported five earlier concussions were said to have occurred in college when presumably he didn't watch every single game.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Pretty much everyone gets a good 1G+ hit in the NFL every 2 weeks, minimum. You would have to be a clipboard caddie to avoid it.

I missed the earlier part of the debate somewhere in the forum, but there is no way that ANY QB has made it to the NFL without getting their lights knocked out a few times. That's the nature of the business, and another reason why you can't cherry pick deep passes and miss out on small gains just to pad your stats. At some point, I thought the debate was specific to Jake's concussion being linked to his streaky play in a Bears uni, but I was wrong on that assumption.

Status
Not open for further replies.