Cutler's Goal Line Fumble Pic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Jaybels

Liked Posts:
cutler-qb-sneak2.jpg

Oops. Nice non-challenge Lovie. This isn't why the Bears lost, but it sure didn't help.

h/t to Bear Goggles On

:turrible:

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nice Shot! And, I knew it. He challenge the one before, but not this one. Just the Bears luck.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
and the one he challenged was a TERRIBLE challenge

RandallPinkFloyd42

Liked Posts:
Lovie doesn't mess up his challenges, Bears go up 21-10. Can't say that they win, but that was obviously a major turning point.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
What a terrible no-challenge, and what he said after the game was appalling.
Lovie continued: "Normally, if it's a critical play like that, we will challenge." That one looked critical to me
Twitter

But he later backtracks
"You guys want to know about that on whether I should have thrown the red flag on the 1-yard fumble down by the end zone. Yes, I should have, looking at it of course in hindsight," Smith said. "Normally if there is a critical situation, I throw it whether I have a good look or not on it. Didn't have a great look on it. I understand the reason why, but that was a critical play in the game.

"I need to be able to make that call."
Lovie Smith regrets not challenging goal-line play - Inside the Bears

MRN

MRNeverwearthesamething
Donator
Liked Posts:
Regrets don't keep your ass in head coach spot.

Unless you're in Chicago :smug:

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Lovie didnt exactly have a view of that that well...He should have challenged it but its not entirely his fault alone...The guys upstairs who reviews plays are the ones who are truly the idiots...That is unless they sent down and told him to challenge but he said no..well then that is on Lovie...

Twigg4075

Liked Posts:
I honestly think that play was the defining play of the game. Had it went the Bears way, as it should have, we'd be looking at a 5-2 record and not 4-3. Of course Cutler's FOUR INT's and Forte's fumble didn't help matters.

The bottom line was that as soon as I saw the play it looked like a TD. For the refs to not call it a TD is one thing beccause it was a very close play, but to say that at least his forward progress wasn't stopped in unbelievable. He held the ball straight out for about two seconds before being pushed back. And then only after he was pushed back did the ball come loose.

There is no question that Lovie should've challenged that play. But I'm guessing because he fucked up by caleenging the previous play he figured he didn't want to take the chance and blow it again, especially with his abysmal challenge record.

Is it just me or do the Bears have the worst home field advantage when it comes to the refs? It seems like almost every other team gets a little bit of "home cooking", but not the Bears. I'm almost wondering if it's the piss poor attitude Cutler has on the field that rubs all the refs the wrong way. Hell, you have some teams that get "home cooking" no matter where they play, which brings me to my next point...

The Roethlisberger dive in Miami. The dude dives and the ball gets knocked out yet immediatley the ref signals a TD. The ball comes flying out and the ref didn't hesitate to call TD. Yet Cutler holds the ball over the goal line for a good two seconds and nothing.

Another thing that pisses me off about this play is that it isn't getting ANY attention anywhere in the sports media. It's all about Cutler's dumb ass throwing four picks to DeAangelo Hall. I can undertand that but how do you overlook this play???

/end rant.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
This hurts to watch :(

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Yes Lovie fucked up.. but how about the ref thats sole job is to see if the ball crosses?

Twigg4075

Liked Posts:
Yes Lovie fucked up.. but how about the ref thats sole job is to see if the ball crosses?

Like I said, it was the Bears at home, which recently seems to be the equivalent of most teams on the road. They seem to get ZERO cals that go their way. It doesn't help that the call directly involved Cutler and it seems most refs have a strong distaste for his blahzay attitude.

Anothing thing that absolutely KILLS me about last week is that the 'Skins fumbled six fucking times and only lost ONE. The Bears fumbled twice (one being the Cutler fumble which we all know was bullshit) and of course they lose both of them.

No calls + no breaks= long season.

Getsome3000

Liked Posts:
I was so pissed at Lovie for not challenging that play. I went to that game and he had plenty of time to see the replay bc it was a change of possesion. It was the worse coached game ever. we were running the ball great in the 2nd half then went away from it. It also didnt help that i traveled all the way from VA to watch my bears play so damn horrible and the girl i brought with was a redskins fan that happend to be on the rag so i couldnt even take out my frustration on her. In conclusion Lovie Smith needs to me fired.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
I didn't need to see this. I don't need to be more pissed off than I am.

omc1969

Liked Posts:
Lovie lost this game pure and simple. Even if it was questionable he should have thrown the flag because it was NOT a fumble either. TWO reasons to challenge and he didn't have the balls to do it. DISGUSTING AND it may turn out to cost us a playoff spot !

Status
Not open for further replies.