Das 2RD QB Mock .7

AussieBear

Draft please hurry up and get here, so i can stop this madness.

FA
RB Arian Foster

NOTE: Im taking the hack at 41, because im guessing the top four (goff, lynch,wentz and cook)are gone by then

1. NT/DE Andrew Billings - Baylor

gettyimages-490154998-e1459952513622.jpg

Not your prototypical 3-4 NT, but will fit in Vics design as is. This move will allow eddie Goldman to move out to DE opposite Hicks. What I dont like about this pick, is If he is just being used as a two down kind of guy or doesnt find roles in sub packages... its almost a wasted pick in a value sense. However if vic can move him around some, since he has some ability as a 3/5 tech and get big boys explosion on the field it makes sense... just turned 21 so hes on the younger side aswell..

2. QB - Christian Hackenberg - PSU

16102464-mmmain.jpg

Damn this guy took a beating... he kept getting up though... If you can get by his subpar stat sheet, theres still a lot of skills underneath the surface.

I dont know why i dont like this kid more, but given the top four guys are gone and the hack showed 1st rd talent as a freshman while in a pro-style offense -- the value is still there in the mid rds for the guy. Sit him behind Jay to develop and build his confidence back up and he may stll be that 1st rd guy a lot of people thought he would be in a couple of years.

Perhaps, the bears even trade up for the 1st pick in the 2nd to guarantee he's theirs for the taking day 2, even with cook still on the board.

3. CB - James Bradberry - Samford

1121_masp_mercer_sanford_-4.jpg

Some may think this is a reach here, but After the top 4-5 CBs, i see Bradberry as having as much talent as the remaining CBs, especially guys in a press scheme.

6'1 212 with 33 3/8 arms. A press guy who is still raw. Proday 4.45... 6.91 3 cone...36 inch vert.

4. WR - Charone Peake - Clemson

B9318764037Z.1_20150908144741_000_GGVBS37F0.1-0.jpg

Bears need another WR... Considering all the injuries last year, they need more talent waiting in the wings. Charone is 6'2 209, plays even taller with 34" arms and a 35" vert. Improved his 4.4 combine 40 by running a 4.3 during his proday. His hand size is only avg 9 1/4 compared to likes of AJ. Not as good as Watkins or Hopkins, but clemson has put out some decent Wrs of late, Peake may just be the next in line if given the time to develop more.

4. OL (T/G) Fahn Cooper - Ole Miss

635835541572032746-USATSI-8894343-1-.jpg

Has played both sides at tackle throughout his college career.. Also started in place of Tunsil while he was suspended for 7 games.Given the bears need for a swing, Cooper makes sense if you arent looking for a vet swing. Could also slide inside to guard if need be.

5. FB/H-back - Glenn Gronkowski - Kansas St

img25436115.jpg

If the bears are committed to bringing the run back, why not add a FB with some upside as runner/reciever/hback

6. OLB/ILB - Ian Seau

ian-seau-nevada.jpg

Improved every year in college. Shows some flashes as a pass rusher. High motor guy. Depth at both OLB and ILB.. ST body

6. CB/FS - Deiondre' Hall - Northern Iowa

3071L.jpg

6'2 199 CB.... Shows some ballhawking ability. also not afraid to get his head in there and make a tackle

7. TE - Steven Scheu -Vandy

19952443-mmmain.jpg

Shows some ability as a pass catcher.

RFA

H-Back (Powerback) RB Devon Johnson Marshall
RB Marshaun Coprich Illinois State
DE Dean Lowry Northwestern - maybe a 6-7.. could also fall out of the draft with all the dl prospects.. good pick up if so

FA
RB Arian Foster

Liked Posts:
Ehhh not the greatest draft. I wouldnt reach for Hackenberg, you can draft another starter in the 2nd.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No to Foster

I like Billings and Bradberry but think just about everybody is over drafted.

Sent from my davenport using my teleporter

AussieBear

No to Foster

I like Billings and Bradberry but think just about everybody is over drafted.

Sent from my davenport using my teleporter

foster is more about being a 1yr rotational stop gap until the 17 class comes into play..

idk about being overdrafted though... after a few blue chip guys.. things can go a lot of different ways... especially once pick 11 comes around and theres a handful of guys that could go or fall depending on what you like about them.

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
Very Angelo esque drafting there

SeriouslyImNotPace

Liked Posts:
Come on. Give Aussie a break. Think this was well thought out, with some reaches...yes. Love that others recognize we need another receiver.

I may be one of the few who would love to see anyone near Alshon's talent found and an extra wr over two years and let his "15 million is not enough to play 8 games a a year" butt walk in 2017.

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Arian Foster+Qb desperation = :puke:

No thank u, I'd be infuriated to wait this long only to get this crappy mock.

AussieBear

Come on. Give Aussie a break. Think this was well thought out, with some reaches...yes. Love that others recognize we need another receiver.

I may be one of the few who would love to see anyone near Alshon's talent found and an extra wr over two years and let his "15 million is not enough to play 8 games a a year" butt walk in 2017.

thanks mr pace. i thought you and AJ were homies though..

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Why are we signing foster