Dave Bolland Traded To The Leafs

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
think the Jets wanted to re-unite Bolland with Ladd.

just a guess though.

Franko725

Liked Posts:
think the Jets wanted to re-unite Bolland with Ladd.

just a guess though.

Not a bad idea actually, other than the fact that Bolland cannot seem to stay healthy anymore. I still cannot believe the haul that Stan got for Bolland... :kermit:

Flacco4Prez

Liked Posts:
I wish the Jets landed Bolland as well. I've been on the Jets bandwagon since 2010, but they haven't been very good. Would have been cool to see Bolland reunite with Ladd and Buff, but it is great for him to go back home and play for a fanbase as great as the Leafs

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The only way to have a dynasty in a salary cap era is to keep trading second level talent for youth and picks and keep guessing right.

After Buff left our dynasty almost slipped away, but Bickell resurected our chances. If we keep him, it should be easier to replace effort players like Bolland and Frolic with other hungry players like Shaw and that kid we got from college at the end of the year.

I thought Frolic's chaos on offense was overshadowed by his hustle on defense. He was one of our most willing players to get down the ice and prevent easy clearance. He created our shorthanded chances, and our penalty kill was statistically excellent for the first half of the playoffs. It helped us survive the wings and kings.

Bickell must be kept, because he is 240 lbs, skilled with his stick, and does a different type of creating and mixing it up than anything else we have had since Buff. We need more of him, not less.

Bolland was terribly inconsistent due to his overachieving stature and injuries. I doubt we can replace either with this picks, but maybe it gives us cap flexibility to fix our holes and hope we snatch some young talent.

Right now we are in a class of our own in terms of running a system of hockey and stocking the farm with pieces that fit in. We have such a dominant core, that anything we bring in will look better than they are from the passing of Hossa-Sharp-Toews and the attention Bickell and Kane now require.

With Keith and Seabrooke locked in, and Oduya improving by the game, we really have very few holes to cycle. Keep trading high, and keep getting lucky. We have a chance at a very special decade.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Bolland was my favorite player on the 2010 team. Maybe my memory is hazy, but I remembered him as being able to step up and fill any role the Hawks needed at the time. He could play defense on the opponent's star player, he could score, he could check, he could win face offs. It seemed like the last couple years the substance behind Bolland's game had diminished, and you were left with kind of a Dennis Rodman antics sideshow. Bolland could on occassion produce a play, but more often than not he was losing faceoffs and taking dumb penalties. In the Detroit series, he had gotten Abelkaner off with a fighting penalty, but as the refs are standing between them Bolland decided to hook Abelkaner's skate and trip him. Not the smartest play (but funny).

In sum, it was the perfect time for Bolland to move on.

Pretty much this.

In his prime, Bolland may have been the best 3C in the league. His ability to shut down the opposing team's top line was crucial to the Hawks success in the 09 and 10 playoff runs. With Bolland locking down the other teams top line, Toews' line was able to focus on offense, which led to Toews having an insane point streak in the 2010 postseason, culminating with his Conn Smythe trophy. As much as Q loves to focus on matchups, he always had the advantage with a 3rd line that was going to hold its own against the best scoring lines in the league. Remember how much that Vancouver series in 2011 swung when Bolland returned for Game 4?

For a three year stretch, there wasn't anyone in the NHL skating against tougher competition than Bolland, and he was a +35 in that time frame. I think the myriad of injuries he'd racked up took their toll, though, and he may not ever get back to the player once was.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
At least he gets to play for another O6 team.

Hope he does well for em.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Re: Bolland traded to Leafs

I think a big queston i'm his absence is, who has the best widows peak in Chicago sports now?

Fucking A on Tapatalk

AustinIllini

Lifetime of futility
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Dallas Stars
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Didn't expect three picks for Bolland. But, i'll take it.

Load up that farm system.
A move like that just makes it feel like Bowman can't lose. Huge change from what happened in the post-2010 season.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
DMelt's guy will wear #63 for the Leafs.

47017_10151765001702744_145242145_n.jpg

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
First guy to wear No. 63 for the Leafs.

And the last. :buttrock: