Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Cook also has 98 more rushing attempts than Monty. Extrapolating David's number of carries to match Cook's nets:
Cook 1,480 yards
Monty 1,375 yards
Recieving yards is a dead heat.

Then it's settled. Cook and Montgomery are the same player. Both equals. Thanks!

Spankypants

Liked Posts:
Monty is showing that he is a very solid back now that we have a real playcaller and Lazor is starting to put his fingerprint on this offense.

No, he isn't a guy that is going to take a 90 yard screen play to the house. Only a few backs in the league can. That isn't the only measure of a RB nor is it the most important.

Screen play? I wish the Bears would give him the chance! They haven't schemed a successful screen pass in years.
Regarding taking one to the house, his 82 yarder was the longest run from scrimmage for a Chi RB in 32 years. Monty has the longest run in the last 500+ games.
You're absolutely right, under Lazor we'll see what his ceiling is.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
As we have seen since Lazor took over and Monty came back from injury, he can be a solid BEEF back. He's nowhere near the Zeke's/Kamara's/CMC's of the world, but he can be productive with a semi-functional offensive line.

For a guy drafted in the 3rd round and who is cheap, I'll take it.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
As we have seen since Lazor took over and Monty came back from injury, he can be a solid BEEF back. He's nowhere near the Zeke's/Kamara's/CMC's of the world, but he can be productive with a semi-functional offensive line.

I'd say he's a top 10 RB in the league at this point. You got King Henry/CMC/Zeke/Kamara/Cook ahead of him for sure, but is there anyone else?

Spankypants

Liked Posts:
Then it's settled. Cook and Montgomery are the same player. Both equals. Thanks!

You saked a question to open the thread:

"Why can't he do this all the time?
I feel like he only play hard when the games don't matter any longer and he just wants to pad his stats. I am not impressed. Does anyone else feel like he loafed for 65%of the season?"

Folks have reponded by sharing indisputable facts that his performance is really good. Equalize carries and Monty is less than 100 yards behind Cook.
Still feel that he's loafing?

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Bears have committed to the run. That’s all it took to get the ground game going adapting the scheme to the players strengths. This is what Nagy has avoided for 3 years.
It is easy to say commit to the run, but the reality is with poor line play you just are not going to run the ball. Early in the season Monty was averaging about 3.3 yds per carry and some of those three yard runs were outstanding considering how many times he was hit in his own backfield.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I'd say he's a top 10 RB in the league at this point. You got King Henry/CMC/Zeke/Kamara/Cook ahead of him for sure, but is there anyone else?
He's not better than Zeke by any means but he's better than Zeke statisically this year.

The moral of that story that investing a lot of $ or draft capital into RB probably isn't a great idea unless you are really stacked most everywhere else.

Spankypants

Liked Posts:

I disagree.
I realize Monty isnt a household name like Zeke, but David has a 4.49 to 3.94 lead in YPC, Monty has more TD's, more broken tacles, more receiving yards and only one fumble lost to Zeke's 5.
So to say he's nowhere near the top backs I feel is a stretch.
Definitely agree with you that he a solid 3rd rounder.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
He's not better than Zeke by any means but he's better than Zeke statisically this year.

The moral of that story that investing a lot of $ or draft capital into RB probably isn't a great idea unless you are really stacked most everywhere else.
ezekiel is garbage has always been favored by a great oline and passing game.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
ezekiel is garbage has always been favored by a great oline and passing game.
No. He's really good at all aspects of the game for an RB.

Although I think he's a classic example of an overpay/overdraft.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
You saked a question to open the thread:

"Why can't he do this all the time?
I feel like he only play hard when the games don't matter any longer and he just wants to pad his stats. I am not impressed. Does anyone else feel like he loafed for 65%of the season?"

Folks have reponded by sharing indisputable facts that his performance is really good. Equalize carries and Monty is less than 100 yards behind Cook.
Still feel that he's loafing?

Yes. Yes i feel like he loafed most of the year and if you are going to give him 100 more imaginary carries to prove your point than can I please erase the last 4 games and help you see his stats sucked a big fat weiner?
Since my thread? He is beast mode
Before my thread? weiner suckage.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Robinson, Chubb, Jacobs, Jones, Barkley, and maybe Lamar Jackson.

Jacobs is a middling RB that offers little in pass blocking and in the passing game. Not sure why this board is so fascinated with him. The tread is already coming off the tires.

Spankypants

Liked Posts:
Jacobs is a middling RB that offers little in pass blocking and in the passing game. Not sure why this board is so fascinated with him. The tread is already coming off the tires.

It started with someone claiming Montgomery is a loafer looking to pad his stats. Amazing it could go lower than that.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
he is an avg BEEF back. Jordan Howard is the same kind of back.

jacobs the 3.7 ypc RB ? with a great OLINE ?

Look man. Don't get all mad because they got Jacobs and we got housed with Mack.

mecha

Liked Posts:
I think it said Leno's on the right side now? I don't know when that change happened.