David Montgomery

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hard to evaluate anyone behind that line. But his lack of speed was a concern when he was drafted.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
nothing is smoother than a mint stout brother

I have my eyes and ears on the street. I will find this smooth stout and I will purchase it.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Hard to evaluate anyone behind that line. But his lack of speed was a concern when he was drafted.

It is.

But the line was a little better last season and he still was slower than three legged turtle.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
His 40 is faster than Walter's was, didn't seem to inhibit him being decent.

No it didn't. Garret Wolfe was also way faster than Walter. What are you saying? That Monty isn't slow? Or Payton was slow but also amazing?

Either way Monty sucks.
And if the o line has to take the whole wrap than that means Mitch and Foles get a pass?

Did Walter have the best o line year in and year out?
Or was he simply amazing?

brundleflyguy

Liked Posts:
He doesn't have breakaway speed, and he also doesn't seem to have the power to just keep driving forward (though he has more power than speed, I'd say). So he a pretty basic RB. Supposedly his strength is juking and breaking tackles, but we haven't seen much of that.

You can't compare him to Payton. Well you can, but it's going to come out badly for Montgomery, so it's a waste of time.

He doesn't suck. He's a slightly above average RB. The entire o-line is crap, so yes, they do have to take more blame since they are garbage and he's not.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
He doesn't have breakaway speed, and he also doesn't seem to have the power to just keep driving forward (though he has more power than speed, I'd say). So he a pretty basic RB. Supposedly his strength is juking and breaking tackles, but we haven't seen much of that.

You can't compare him to Payton. Well you can, but it's going to come out badly for Montgomery, so it's a waste of time.

He doesn't suck. He's a slightly above average RB. The entire o-line is crap, so yes, they do have to take more blame since they are garbage and he's not.
So if they get a better o line, you ride with Monty?

Stick with Foles and Mitch?

Bust

Liked Posts:

in condensed terms, does Monty make those around him better? Answer is no, nope, nada, kaput, zilch, do not pass go. Bears have a lot of those <just a guy> players on offense.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
in condensed terms, does Monty make those around him better? Answer is no, nope, nada, kaput, zilch, do not pass go. Bears have a lot of those <just a guy> players on offense.

I remember years where Barry Sanders would get creamed in the back field but turn the run into a no gain or 1 or 2 yard game.
That's what the Bears need. Monty is indeed a JAG. He doesn't make anyone around him better.

Spankypants

Liked Posts:
I remember years where Barry Sanders would get creamed in the back field but turn the run into a no gain or 1 or 2 yard game.
That's what the Bears need. Monty is indeed a JAG. He doesn't make anyone around him better.
Thank you!
You just proved my point that Monty is the perfect RB for this mutt offense. Monty gets hit behind the line of scrimmage more than any RB(see the stats) and still gets positive yards, so him leading the NFL in broken tackles means he's perfect for this team as it stands now.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
5 plays at goal line and not once did they turn to Montgomery.

It's like they don't even have faith he will punch it in from the one yard line.

Last edited:

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hard to believe a guy from the football power-house of Iowa State is struggling in the NFL.

Pace traded picks to move up. Swapped a 5th for a 6th and gave up a 4th in 2020.

New England → Chicago (D). New England traded this third-round selection and a sixth-round selection (73rd and 205th) to Chicago in exchange for Chicago's third- and fifth-round selections (87th and 162nd) as well as a 2020 fourth-round selection.[Trade 1]

I'd like to retract my comments about David Montgomery. He's one of the few guys that played with any heart last night.