David Montgomery

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
His contact balance is elite.

What does this even mean?
They are basically the same back, Howard is slightly better the trade up to get Monty was Special person.

msadows

Liked Posts:
You would need a 4.45 or faster running back to maybe sniff the end zone. Which are about 5-10 actual starting rbs in the nfl....

Legit. Morons on here.

Jaire was in front of him on that run. Jaire ran a 4.43 in the 40.

Good luck finding a fucking RB who out runs a relatively fast corner in a race.

But on CCS its expected.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
They aren't the same back at all. Howard is a one cut back who can only function in a zone scheme. Howard can't run routes or catch which is a huge part of the job. Howard was a very good blocker, though.

msadows

Liked Posts:
What does this even mean?
They are basically the same back, Howard is slightly better the trade up to get Monty was Special person.

It means he's capable of breaking and avoiding contact.

He led College football in it. He's been pretty elite at it in the nfl level too. He makes guys miss.

Howard was mostly just a straight forward bullrushing back. He didn't have much finesse to his game.

Howard had 8 broken tackles his last year on the bears. Monty had 28 last year. 18 this year.

They are different backs. Monty is a lot lot better. Howard would make you cry behind this OL.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Monty, before last night, had the lowest yards before first contact for any serious starter in a while. 1.1 yards. Thats terrible.

That means he's getting hit 1 yard after he gets the ball, on average, he's getting hit at the LOS nearly every run. Pathetic.

On DVOA, we're ranked 28th and 29th in nearly every category, and you could bet yourself we'd be ranked higher if monty wasn't capable of escaping tackles.
By higher he means way way worse like 40th if you could just project the nfl having 40 teams and their rankings.

msadows

Liked Posts:
They aren't the same back at all. Howard is a one cut back who can only function in a zone scheme. Howard can't run routes or catch which is a huge part of the job. Howard was a very good blocker, though.

Nah, they run forward so they are both the same player.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Legit. Morons on here.

But on CCS its expected.
Savage runs a 4.3 I'm sure he was in on that chase...

msadows

Liked Posts:
By higher he means way way worse like 40th if you could just project the nfl having 40 teams and their rankings.

Legit, I've been watching the bears since I was 5. The only time I could remember an oline worse than this is the year that cutler got concussed and had 8 sacks in a half.

Other than that.....this is as bad as it gets. Nearly every pass play gets no protection, and we have zero push in the run game. It's pathetic to watch.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
It means he's capable of breaking and avoiding contact.

He led College football in it. He's been pretty elite at it in the nfl level too. He makes guys miss.

Howard was mostly just a straight forward bullrushing back. He didn't have much finesse to his game.

Howard had 8 broken tackles his last year on the bears. Monty had 28 last year. 18 this year.

They are different backs. Monty is a lot lot better. Howard would make you cry behind this OL.
I have a hard time believing that includes the many multi tackle breaking on a single play.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Savage runs a 4.3 I'm sure he was in on that chase...m

Legit, not many RB's in the nfl who take that to the house.

Not saying I don't wish monty was more explosive, but he was basically head to head with guys who tested like a quarter of a second faster than him in the 40.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Legit. Morons on here.

But on CCS its expected.
Oh shit I didnt realize he was on the starting block running a 40 without pads on in the game.

On the other note "5-10 starting running backs in the NFL". So a star? Isnt that what I said I was looking for?

I love how people who don't enjoy mediocrity are "morons" to you. Close your mouth you're breathing through it.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I have a hard time believing that includes the many multi tackle breaking on a single play.

I mean, the only RB in the NFL who has more broken tackles over the last two years is Derrick Henry.

Anyone who thinks Monty is the issue in this run game is insane. He's getting his ass raped every play.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Oh shit I didnt realize he was on the starting block running a 40 without pads on in the game.

On the other note "5-10 starting running backs in the NFL". So a star? Isnt that what I said I was looking for?

I love how people who don't enjoy mediocrity are "morons" to you. Close your mouth you're breathing through it.
Ya pretty sure maybe half of them rank top 10 and their oline ranks even better.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I mean, the only RB in the NFL who has more broken tackles over the last two years is Derrick Henry.

Anyone who thinks Monty is the issue in this run game is insane. He's getting his ass raped every play.
Monty is your new Trubisky lol

msadows

Liked Posts:
GTFO with you saracstic bullshit. They're the same back production wise asshole.

Mitch trubisky and Deshaun Watson were the same QB production wise through the first 10 weeks of 2018.

Obviously they the same QB!

wazzupi

Liked Posts:

Lmfao montgomery has 40 pounds on most corners stfu.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Monty is your new Trubisky lol

No, not really. Because monty has shown he's actually got skill. This isn't hope, its there.

No non elite RB can run behind a shit OL. He's done what he did in college. Unfortunately, he went to an even worse line.

I was never high on monty in college. I don't think he's even close to being the problem in the run game. He runs hard. He hits the hole. He breaks tackles as well as anyone in the NFL.

Is he explosive? Nope. But he's reliable. Issue is, this OL isn't.