David Montgomery

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
It’s amazing that other teams cycle 2-3-4 really good RBs a game but the bears are content with a fat bust and dion lewis 2.0 before he got injured. Yes the offensive line is bad, the skill position players are even worse

anthony miller looks like javon wims 2.0
Teams generally don't cycle that many really good RBs. They have good blocking that allows their platoon to get to the 2nd level regularly.

puckthefackers

Liked Posts:
Was that his first game over 100 yards? If you take away the lucky 59 yarder, what was his average?
I think it's time we get a real RB. One we can rely on every game and not just a fluke game here and there.
Take away the long run and Monty had 10 carries for 46 yards. Since you are slow that is 4.6 yards/carry. Now take away 1 of Mitch’s Int and he had a 3:1 TD ratio so he played well... no that is as Special person as you taking out the long run.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I think you're stuck with Monty and Mitch/Foles. You must fix the o-line. After that, you can worry about the other positions. Otherwise, you're putting fancy shingles on your house and your foundation is collapsing.

With an above average o-line, you can run successfully with Monty. No 98 yard TD runs, but he'll get decent yardage if he isn't hit behind the line of scrimmage regularly. The QB gets a pocket to throw from. You may lose to the really good teams, but at least you can hang with them and potentially out scheme them.

I'd love to get a better QB, but with the current line and coach, what's the point?
I think the point is to win a Superbowl.

So you fire the GM, the coach, the DC and you rebuild. They aren't "stuck" with anyone if they are serious about contending.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Take away the long run and Monty had 10 carries for 46 yards. Since you are slow that is 4.6 yards/carry. Now take away 1 of Mitch’s Int and he had a 3:1 TD ratio so he played well... no that is as Special person as you taking out the long run.

And tell me all about the Packers run defense?

What did he average versus other teams? Or are you basing your Special person logic on one game?

For the record, we are talking about Montgomery and not Mitch so try and keep up.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
This forum is cancer why doesn't a real bears forum exist ?
Bears fans are exactly like this everywhere
Ik this because im in wv 5 billion miles away and when i do run into another bears fan its a 30 minute convo about how we hate everything about the team and wish they were better
This board is a pretty solid take on bears fandom tbh

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Teams generally don't cycle that many really good RBs. They have good blocking that allows their platoon to get to the 2nd level regularly.
It's wild that this needs to be explained.

Like Bears cast off Raheem Mostert all of a sudden became unstoppable along with two other no-name journeymen RBs when they got to the 49ers.

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
It's wild that this needs to be explained.

Like Bears cast off Raheem Mostert all of a sudden became unstoppable along with two other no-name journeymen RBs when they got to the 49ers.
Nah man Raheem would be a stud RB on the bears if they didn't let him go.

puckthefackers

Liked Posts:
And tell me all about the Packers run defense?
Nope

What did he average versus other teams?
Look it up.

Or are you basing your Special person logic on one game?
Yea, you made this stupid fucking thread about benching Monty and he was by far the best thing going for the team last night.

For the record, we are talking about Montgomery and not Mitch so try and keep up.
Holy shit are you fucking dense.

brundleflyguy

Liked Posts:
I think the point is to win a Superbowl.
So you fire the GM, the coach, the DC and you rebuild. They aren't "stuck" with anyone if they are serious about contending.
OK, if you're going to burn it down and start over, then obviously you fire everyone and trade away many older players as you can and aim for a three year rebuild.

I'm thinking you keep the good/average pieces you have (and that includes Montgomery) and you fix the horrible o-line. If you can improve the offence from 31st in yards/game and 29th in points/game (19) to, say 15th in each (so 26 points per game on average) by fixing the o-line (and hopefully replacing Nagy), then (using this year for example purposes) you would have won 3, maybe 4 more games. You might have been able to hang with the Packers (the only blow out).

Then the year after, you deal with the QB and maybe RB.

Making new holes when we already have so many doesn't seem wise.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins

You gettin mad? You seem so upset. Let it out Puck

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
OK, if you're going to burn it down and start over, then obviously you fire everyone and trade away many older players as you can and aim for a three year rebuild.

I'm thinking you keep the good/average pieces you have (and that includes Montgomery) and you fix the horrible o-line. If you can improve the offence from 31st in yards/game and 29th in points/game (19) to, say 15th in each (so 26 points per game on average) by fixing the o-line (and hopefully replacing Nagy), then (using this year for example purposes) you would have won 3, maybe 4 more games. You might have been able to hang with the Packers (the only blow out).

Then the year after, you deal with the QB and maybe RB.

Making new holes when we already have so many doesn't seem wise.

Montgomery is certainly not problemo numero uno. But he isn't good.
If I had to list the bEars needs, it would be

1.GM
2. Coaches
3. Oline
4. QB
5. Interior DL
6. LB, secondary RB depth-

Spankypants

Liked Posts:
So given a chance, albeit a small one, Monty shows his metal and wins the game ball. No one accused Monty of giving up. And you neigh sayers?

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Outside of breakaway speed, there's nothing wrong with Montgomery. Actually he'd be a household name on a team without Coward and Leno.

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
Montgomery would make a decent fullback there’s no doubt about that..

94c4lt1

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
DMonte has pretty good hands too. I'll never understand why they don't try to get him the ball more in space as he can break a tackle or two seemingly with ease.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
You might want to check your quote function doesn't seem to be working.

msadows

Liked Posts:
DMonte has pretty good hands too. I'll never understand why they don't try to get him the ball more in space as he can break a tackle or two seemingly with ease.

Really? Matt nagy is why. LOL

Guy is clueless. Monty is fantastic at breaking tackles, he's legit someone the chiefs would LOVE to have on their roster. Maybe not as a full time back, but he would be fantastic for a team with an actual blocking game. The kid has solid hands, and would be great in the screen game if he had TE's/WR's who could block.

He's legit built to be in a system that heavily utilizes him in texas/wheel routes. Instead nagy decides to ignore him for 90% of the game. Yet another pick nagy has decided to misuse and destroy.

Why is it that random couchpotatoe fans notice shit like this but visor guy doesnt?