david thorpe chat

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
this kinda made me happy:

vinny del negro (chicago)

Do you think the bulls are a playoff team?
David Thorpe (12:29 PM)

Without doubt.

vinny del negro (chicago)

what do you think of Salmon's ability to play shooting guard for the bulls? should we start kirk hinrich at the 2?
David Thorpe (12:31 PM)

I'd prefer Kirk.

Marc (Big D)

Is Gordon's move northeast this summer going to have more of an impact of the Bulls or Pistons?
David Thorpe (12:23 PM)

In the short term, the Bulls. He bailed them out of so many bad offensive sets. But they will adjust.

Jesse (Taipei)

Jordan vs. Russell.. who wins?
David Thorpe (12:22 PM)

MJ by a mile.
Dave (MN)

Life is a box of chocolates or I am not a smart man but I know what love is?
David Thorpe (12:22 PM)

I was thinking "stupid is as stupid does".

Jesse (Detroit)

Do the Pistons make the playoffs this season?
David Thorpe (12:10 PM)

25% chance

SteveFitz (Cicero, IL)

Were James Johnson and Taj Gibson enough or do the Bulls still need to make a splash to take that next step?
David Thorpe (12:33 PM)
This team is far enough along to not have to depend on mid-to-late first rounder to make a splash. They need their vets to step up.

John (Cleveland)

What head coaches's jobs are threatened if their teams don't get off to a good start?
David Thorpe (12:35 PM)

Based on what reporters tell me, all eye's are on Chicago.

John (Texas)

What have Loul Deng and Noah worked on with you?
David Thorpe (12:38 PM)

Luol stayed in Chicago to recover from his stress fracture. Joakim was here in June working on parts of his shot and developing a plan to score in the post.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
you know it sounds weird. all thi talk about 4 inches... but the truth is, i'd rather start kirk.

cool007

Liked Posts:
No way, I rather has Salmons start. Salmons can score and is a BIG threat to score 20 a game - which would help Deng and Rose out. Hinrich will also take away ball-handling from Rose and then over dribble only to pass it to Tyrus/Noah or take a bad shot.

No question, I want Salmons to start.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
Joe (New York)

At this point, is Derrick Rose's ceiling more likely to be Isiah Thomas or a fully-realized Penny Hardaway (not meant as a diss, healthy Penny was incredible)?
David Thorpe (12:50 PM)

I think Thomas is a bit too high, as of right now. I'm not ready to proclaim Rose as a legit HOF talent. He needs more seasoning. But yes, he could end up being that.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
hinrich is a better defender, he can guard bigger guards. He;s got a long term contract. He's got a good outside shot. he brings a lot of energy to the game. Also he's faster than salmons. Salmons will still get minutes. Both at the 2 and the 3. I'd close the games out with a lineup of rose, hinrich, salmons, deng, and miller/noah.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
plus he's good at catching and shooting.

cool007

Liked Posts:
pinkizdead wrote:
hinrich is a better defender, he can guard bigger guards.

Hinrich is a better defender but Salmons is a MUCH BETTER scorer. Also, Salmons isn't that bad of a defender and he is not that easy to post up.

He;s got a long term contract.

Why does that matter? Both are probably GONE before next year.

He's got a good outside shot.

Salmons does too.

he brings a lot of energy to the game.

Energy??? did that get us anywhere???

Also he's faster than salmons.

So? Hinrich is a PG - we are talking about SG here. Salmons is a much better half court player and is very good in the open court as well.

Salmons will still get minutes. Both at the 2 and the 3.

I can say the same with Hinrich - Hinrich will still get his minutes off the bench. Both at the 1 and 2 spot. Also in a small lineup where we can go Rose/Hinrich/Salmons/Deng/Noah or Miller - and I agree we can close out the game with that lineup as well.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
It won't matter. Both Salmons and Hinrich will end up starting at some point in the season when Luol goes down with his annual injury.

cool007

Liked Posts:
??? ?????? wrote:
It won't matter. Both Salmons and Hinrich will end up starting at some point in the season when Luol goes down with his annual injury.

Let's hope that it doesn't happen.

I will hate to see Deng get injured again. I hope somehow we can trade Deng at the trade deadline for Beasley or Boozer.

jsain360

Liked Posts:
I'm tired of the Hinrich talk as a good shooter, he is a mediocore shooter at best, I think he has never shot over 44% from the field in any season, he is a horrible finisher, having him start, puts pressure on the D, because the book is to post up the Bulls back court.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
the gordon v hinrich conversation seems to have been replaced with the salmons v hinrich.

jsain360

Liked Posts:
pinkizdead wrote:
the gordon v hinrich conversation seems to have been replaced with the salmons v hinrich.

It has, IMO, he should've been given his walking papers, I'm in favor of trading this guy before he deminishes his trade value with another lackluster season.

cool007

Liked Posts:
pinkizdead wrote:

This gives me an idea.
B)

TheStig

Liked Posts:
??? ?????? wrote:

Exactly, I look forward to the stretch that Rose, Kirk and Salmons play 40+mpg to compensate.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
I don't look forward to that at all, I want Deng to have a successful healthy season....

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
houheffna wrote:
I don't look forward to that at all, I want Deng to have a successful healthy season....
We all do. But we're just so wary of him now, that we're all down on him.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
at least it will give us an opportunity to develop the younger players.