Day 3 Mock Draft

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
5[151] OT Dan Moore [Texas A&M] 6'6" 309lbs.

The OT class is still holding pretty strong and if the Bears want to address the OL, which they did with Jenkins, why not try and fix it. Moore has NFL LT tools. He has the size, length, and feet for it. He needs some technique work and to fill in his frame a little, but he has that time while he competes with Leno. Leno maybe the LT for 2021, but he is not in the future plans, he is not good enough to protect Justin.

2021 NFL Draft: Dan Moore Jr. Draft Profile - Last Word on Pro Football

6[204] CB Robert Rochell [Central Arkansas] 6' 195lbs.

The Bears are not going to land a starting CB2 in the draft. They need to add a bunch of players and let them compete and have some options and young guys developing. Rochell, despite a really low level of competition, has some intriguing physical tools and some man coverage ability that the Bears need. He can come in and learn, develop, play specials an gives the Bears another swing at CB2.

2021 NFL Draft Scouting Report: Robert Rochell - Prime Time Sports Talk

6[221] DE Bobby Brown III [Texas A&M] 6'4" 315lbs.

I am not sure how long Hicks is going to be on the team. It is hard to see him on the team past this season, that is if he is not a cap casualty before then. The Bears have had success with day 3 lineman. Brown fits the mold, he is tall, heavy, and hard to move. The Bears do not need someone who has top play right away, they go 5 deep on the line with legit NFL players, they need someone who can develop into the next RRH and be cheap and effective or when Hicks leaves and Nichols gets paid.

Texas A&M's Bobby Brown III hurts himself celebrating a sack (Video)

6[228] TE Quentin Morris [Bowling Green] 6'2" 252lbs.

The Bears do not have much TE depth, they do not have a backup U, they do not have a developmental U for when Graham is gone next season. Morris is a long shot, but he can fill that role and hopefully gets a year to develop.

BuckeyeGrove - Simulating the season: Bowling Green

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
@WindyCity you need to include a couple moves to get this team room to sign these picks now.

like the picks.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
@WindyCity you need to include a couple moves to get this team room to sign these picks now.

like the picks.
That is going to be harder.

I am worried about Hicks. If they make DL a priority on day 3 I could see it being an issue for Hicks.

I would redo Hicks and Graham’s deals if I didn’t want to lose anyone.

Try and trade Foles and Miller.

The cap situation is going to be an issue

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think if you trade Foles post June 1st that opens up 4 mil. Or at least it does on the OTC site. His contract is weird though so not sure how accurate that is.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Does Dan Moore really need to fill out? Every picture I've seen of that dude he looks stout. Id love him or the T from Florida

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Does Dan Moore really need to fill out? Every picture I've seen of that dude he looks stout. Id love him or the T from Florida
I think he will need some NFL weight room time.

I expect him to compete in 2021 and really compete in 2022.

The days of Leno as the anointed Lt need to end.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That is going to be harder.

I am worried about Hicks. If they make DL a priority on day 3 I could see it being an issue for Hicks.

I would redo Hicks and Graham’s deals if I didn’t want to lose anyone.

Try and trade Foles and Miller.

The cap situation is going to be an issue
As much as I'm inclined to unload Graham, the guy is a big target in the red zone and if Fields plays this season, Graham could be a nice safety blanket for the young QB.

They could try to extend Robinson still.

Unfortunately Hicks might be the most expendable, when considering the importance of surrounding your new QB with pieces.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Some interesting RBs on the board - Rhamondre Stevenson and Pooka Williams

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
5[151] OT Dan Moore [Texas A&M] 6'6" 309lbs.

The OT class is still holding pretty strong and if the Bears want to address the OL, which they did with Jenkins, why not try and fix it. Moore has NFL LT tools. He has the size, length, and feet for it. He needs some technique work and to fill in his frame a little, but he has that time while he competes with Leno. Leno maybe the LT for 2021, but he is not in the future plans, he is not good enough to protect Justin.

2021 NFL Draft: Dan Moore Jr. Draft Profile - Last Word on Pro Football

6[204] CB Robert Rochell [Central Arkansas] 6' 195lbs.

The Bears are not going to land a starting CB2 in the draft. They need to add a bunch of players and let them compete and have some options and young guys developing. Rochell, despite a really low level of competition, has some intriguing physical tools and some man coverage ability that the Bears need. He can come in and learn, develop, play specials an gives the Bears another swing at CB2.

2021 NFL Draft Scouting Report: Robert Rochell - Prime Time Sports Talk

6[221] DE Bobby Brown III [Texas A&M] 6'4" 315lbs.

I am not sure how long Hicks is going to be on the team. It is hard to see him on the team past this season, that is if he is not a cap casualty before then. The Bears have had success with day 3 lineman. Brown fits the mold, he is tall, heavy, and hard to move. The Bears do not need someone who has top play right away, they go 5 deep on the line with legit NFL players, they need someone who can develop into the next RRH and be cheap and effective or when Hicks leaves and Nichols gets paid.

Texas A&M's Bobby Brown III hurts himself celebrating a sack (Video)'s Bobby Brown III hurts himself celebrating a sack (Video)

6[228] TE Quentin Morris [Bowling Green] 6'2" 252lbs.

The Bears do not have much TE depth, they do not have a backup U, they do not have a developmental U for when Graham is gone next season. Morris is a long shot, but he can fill that role and hopefully gets a year to develop.

BuckeyeGrove - Simulating the season: Bowling Green
If the Bears are looking for a developmental U TE, I would suggest Michael Strachan from Charleston.

He is a major project. He is a raw WR who is light (200 pounds). What he has that is intriguing is that he is 6'5" and is a sprinter (he might run for the Bahamas in a future Olympics ). At worst he would be an ultra-tall and fast WR added to spread the field, at best he could be an additional weapon to spread the field as a TE (or WR) with a huge catch radius.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
We don’t have a 5th, they traded that to draft Jenkins

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I think if you trade Foles post June 1st that opens up 4 mil. Or at least it does on the OTC site. His contract is weird though so not sure how accurate that is.
I'd eat $2-$3 mil of his contract just to be able to trade him and still save a few mil.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Fyi this mock is dead all of those players are gone

greg23

Liked Posts:
not shocking.....none of any guys most people wanted were going to be around 75 picks in today

napo55

Liked Posts:
No wide receiver? Right now, the group is one injury away from total disaster.