defending rose

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
I was listening to the radio the other day, and a few fans compared rose to starbury and steve francis. In fact people have called rose selfish.

i dont get this. There is something to what they say, in that rose is being aggressive. Sadly while being aggressive, he's not been efficient.
First off, we've asked him to score. everyone else on the team is incapable of scoring, so we want rose shooting more. If you want rose to shoot less, surround him with some talent.
the next point made was that rose is incapable of making his teammates better. There is is some truth to this. mainly rose isn't really the sort of pg that has great court vision. He's a lot like tony parker. he can drive in side and shoot. Parker and billups are amongst the few pgs that are finals mvps, so i'm not terribly disappointed in getting a pg in the mold of tony parker.
however if you look at rose's supporting cast, he has deng, tyrus, noah, and salmons. Besides Salmons and Deng, rose doesnt seem to have too many offensive options. Who exactly is rose to make better? We are all aware of Deng's inabilities, and salmons and kirk have had plenty of open 3 pt shots.... what else do you want rose to do? he finds open shooters, would you like him to help the open shooters shoot the ball as well?
Although it should be admitted that rose often throws awkward passes and finds some of his teammates in exceptionally awkward positions, i think he'l be able to correct that in time.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
I don't think anyone who has ever watched bulls games can call Rose selfish. It is beyond stupid. His problem is the opposite, that he isn't selfish and that is to a fault. Comparing Rose to selfish shoot first pgs like francis and starbury is just ridiculous. The guy clearly looks to create first and then score. Where as those other guys were looking out for themselves and would only pass if doubled or tripled.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
haha. Coincidentally, the host responded the same way. it was the afternoon saloon. instead of mark, jurko, and harry, they had some1 else on. his response was the callers weren't watching bulls games. i liked him better.