Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
In terms of Points allowed per game, the Vikings ranked #1 this season, Jaguars #2, the Eagles #4, and NE #5.

In terms of yards allowed per game, the vikings, jaguars, and eagles had the same ranking as above, but NE ranked 29th. At the end of the day, I guess points being given up matters more though.

It's nice to know that our defense is pretty good. Gives us a chance in the next couple of seasons.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
In terms of Points allowed per game, the Vikings ranked #1 this season, Jaguars #2, the Eagles #4, and NE #5.

In terms of yards allowed per game, the vikings, jaguars, and eagles had the same ranking as above, but NE ranked 29th. At the end of the day, I guess points being given up matters more though.

It's nice to know that our defense is pretty good. Gives us a chance in the next couple of seasons.

Jags gave up 42 points today. It's offense and defense working together that matters.

Reactions: BNB

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Jags gave up 42 points today. It's offense and defense working together that matters.

Definitely. Balance is obviously key. A great defense alone won't do any good.

NE has a great offense. The Eagles HAD a great offense with Wentz. Minnesota has been respectable on O, and JAX has the number 1 rushing offense in the league.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well ya, so why start a thread with that title? Big games are about big plays at the right time and most of those in these games were O plays. The Vikes game is a great example. 3 minutes left with top O against top D and the O won that matchup. It took another big play by the Vikes O to pull it out.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well ya, so why start a thread with that title? Big games are about big plays at the right time and most of those in these games were O plays. The Vikes game is a great example. 3 minutes left with top O against top D and the O won that matchup. It took another big play by the Vikes O to pull it out.

Because all 4 team currently in it are ranked top 5 defensively, in regards to PPG allowed.

Defense is also why the Jags and Vikings were even able to build a big lead to begin with. If they were just average defensively, they never would have stood a chance.