Did Krause speak on MJs speech yet

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Jerry Krause took the high road late Friday, refusing to respond to Michael Jordan for his dig at the Bulls' former general manager during Jordan's Hall of Fame acceptance speech.

"Michael's the best player ever to play the game," Krause said from his north suburban home.

But Krause did clarify the comment Jordan derisively mocked, the theme of which was organizations win championships.

"What I said in the original quote was players and coaches alone don't win championships," Krause said. "Somebody has to find players and those are scouts. Somebody has to put other players on the floor. Somebody has to keep them in shape and medically take care of them. Somebody has to pay them.

"What I was trying to do was to get behind-the-scenes people some credit because they were a part of our success. Obviously, we all benefited greatly from Michael and I'm happy for him on his big day."

Jordan also tossed a barb about not inviting Krause.

"The reason I wasn't there was because Tex Winter has been excluded from the Hall of Fame and the way the voting is set up," Krause said. "It had nothing to do with Michael."

Winter, 87, is credited with inventing the triangle or triple-post offense, which Krause and Phil Jackson implemented before the Bulls won their six championships with Winter as an assistant.

He actually said Friday morning on Monsters of the Morning that he would not be there and why. As I have stated before, McNeil and Boers talked Friday about what happened in 1998 and how Krause never came out and told the story to the public but he told them the story and everything checked out true. The guy is weird and eccentric in certain ways, still don't know if he deserved that type of treatment.

By the way, I believe JORDAN KNEW EXACTLY WHAT KRAUSE MEANT.