Did Tyrique Stevenson regress as the season went along?

Did Stevenson regress last year?

• Total voters

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Since @DanielCCSBears refuses to address this statement he made, the only resolution is to gauge public perception and see whether Daniel is a fat idiot or just fat.

Everyone feel free to comment your thoughts on Stevensons progression last year. I thought he took huge steps forward as the year went along and looks to potentially be a playmaker on defense.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I really don't think so. He was more successful with passes defensed as the year went on, which lines up with my recollection that he was getting better about getting his head around and playing the ball

I think the right takeaway is that he started last year and performed well for a rookie. He outperformed my expectations for sure.

Washington

Liked Posts:
One has to expect any rookie CB to struggle, especially early in the season. I thought Stevenson definitely got better as the year went on. I believe he was a solid pick. I really like the Bears' secondary, especially the CBs. With today's pass happy offenses, a team can never have enough DBs.

One also has to take into account that the pass rush was non-existent until Sweat arrived. That put all the DBs alone on an island. I don't care who the CB is, it is hard to cover good WRs for longer periods of time. It is hard to blame the DBs when the QB has tons of time to throw.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Why are we even discussing him? He played so poorly down the stretch that Poles cut him mid-play. Poles literally walked out onto the field during play and yanked his helmet off and cut him.

msadows

Liked Posts:
One has to expect any rookie CB to struggle, especially early in the season. I thought Stevenson definitely got better as the year went on. I believe he was a solid pick. I really like the Bears' secondary, especially the CBs. With today's pass happy offenses, a team can never have enough DBs.

One also has to take into account that the pass rush was non-existent until Sweat arrived. That put all the DBs alone on an island. I don't care who the CB is, it is hard to cover good WRs for longer periods of time. It is hard to blame the DBs when the QB has tons of time to throw.

One has to also account only QB's as dumb as @DanielCCSBears would attempt to pass on All-Pro Jaylon Johnson

Every opposing OC's gameplan was to pick on stevenson. Consider that he did pretty well and certainly improved as the season went on.

1COBearsfan

Equinsu ocha
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wasn’t he Defensive Player of the Week towards the end of the season? Or at least got a nomination? I think I remember that

msadows

Liked Posts:
Wasn’t he Defensive Player of the Week towards the end of the season? Or at least got a nomination? I think I remember that

You are correct, week 17. Which must have been the start of the season

1719341962851.png

He also was 7th in INT's and 5th in PD's.

The man truly would have been in heavy ROTY consideration if the bears didnt suck last year.

He was targeted a crazy 116 times last year. In comparison, Both ROTY finalists(Brian Branch and Devon Witherspoon) had 73 and 84 targets against. Joey porter jr, another finalist, had 63.

Just straight up disrespect for our guy Rique

1COBearsfan

Equinsu ocha
Donator
Liked Posts:
You are correct, week 17. Which must have been the start of the season

View attachment 39026

He also was 7th in INT's and 5th in PD's.

The man truly would have been in heavy ROTY consideration if the bears didnt suck last year.

He was targeted a crazy 116 times last year. In comparison, Both ROTY finalists(Brian Branch and Devon Witherspoon) had 73 and 84 targets against. Joey porter jr, another finalist, had 63.

Just straight up disrespect for our guy Rique
Huh, that’s weird. That seems like pretty strong evidence against Mr Terribletake McFuckface’s terrible take

Liked Posts:
he was/is a sneaky good poles pick. Yes absolutely got better as the season went along, so did Dexter.
Stevenson will make his case to be the best starting CB on the roster

Unlike Dexter no one needs to use PFF to try and validate Stevensons production on the field.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Stevenson will make his case to be the best starting CB on the roster

Unlike Dexter no one needs to use PFF to try and validate Stevensons production on the field.

You dont have to use objective PFF, just go on pro football reference and you can see he had more qb hits than jalen carter on 131 fewer snaps. He had a very solid 2nd half, just needs to keep growing.

Dexter may not become amazing but at minimum he will be a solid starter.