Dirk prevail with Bulls?

Rose1

Liked Posts:
Bulls: Nowitzki, Mavs 22nd pick

Mavericks: Miller, Ty.Thomas, James, 16th pick

Bulls analysis: We finally get a big man that complements Rose on the offensive end and that player that scores on the post. Nowitzki has averaged 25 ppg. this season at the age of 30. Believe it or not, Dirk still has some years left with that sweet release. If we acquire him, expect us to get pass the Eastern semifinals.

PG: Rose - Hinrich
SG: Gordon - Salmons
SF: Deng - Salmons
PF: Nowitzki - 22nd pick
C: Noah - 26th pick

Mavericks analysis: So sad, so sad, Mavericks again is swept potentially. This team is getting old and it's poorly constructed. Cuban should just trade Dirk while he can because it's not looking bright for them. I think Miller gives them financial pros and some offense for next season. Ty. Thomas gives them something to work with. Maybe Ty comes on for that franchise in the near future. He'll have Howard and the draft picks. Last, the contract of James helps too. Oh, yes, the 16th pick will definitely help the team mobility. What else can they get for the Shooting Euro. I think this molds well for them.

Dpauley23

Liked Posts:
Wow this one of the most fantasy trades ever. First off would you want 30 year playing with Rose? Second Mark Cuban should be shot in the friggin head if he agrees to this deal. He loves Dirk and would never trade him. He basically had to trade away in all star in the making Devin Harris to be able to make Dirk happy again.

Rose1

Liked Posts:
Dpauley23 wrote:
Wow this one of the most fantasy trades ever. First off would you want 30 year playing with Rose? Second Mark Cuban should be shot in the friggin head if he agrees to this deal. He loves Dirk and would never trade him. He basically had to trade away in all star in the making Devin Harris to be able to make Dirk happy again.

Well, hey you right because that was dumb. He traded away the brightest star for them. Just go to show that the front office in Dallas suck.

gocubs526

Liked Posts:
That is a great trade for the mavs. All they give up is a perennial allstar for a prospect that can jump high, a soft jump shooting big, and a mid first round pick. Dirk sells seats and there is no way he is going for that. Maybe Noah, 16th, and Kirk or Deng. Anyway why would the bulls want an aging big to pair up with their developing PG?

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Mark Cuban would slap you across the face if he could find you. Dirk has said he wants to stay with the team long term and his deal expires next summer, so we don't even save them any money with this junk trade. TT and a non lotto pick for an MVP candidate.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
Rose1 wrote:
Dpauley23 wrote:

Well, hey you right because that was dumb. He traded away the brightest star for them. Just go to show that the front office in Dallas suck.

I wouldnt call Devin Harris the brightest star but it was a bad deal. Oh and I wouldnt mind seeing Dirk alongside Rose. Dirk can play to a high level till he is 35.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
I think it's funny how people rip this trade from both sides, as if everyone is dumb for considering it.

You'd want Dirk next to Rose because he'd space the floor something awesome for Rose. His age is certainly a negative factor, but it's not like you're giving up some prime time studs in their youth. Miller is a hanger on, Tyrus may not be back after next year anyway, James is just a cash savings, and the mid round pick would be worth nothing.

The Bulls would be insane not to make this trade even if Dirk is aging and has a smaller window of success left.

As for the Mavs, the point about them not doing this trade is probably pretty fair. The one thing you could say is that the Mavs aren't going to get any better with teh current cast they have. They need to add talent, and Dirk's window is shrinking, Kidd's window is probably just about gone. It's largely a team in decline. I don't think they'd blow it up, because they'll sell a hell of a lot more seats with Dirk on the team next year than if he's not, and they aren't getting anything in this trade that really makes it likely that they sell seats in the future either.

If we had a top 5 pick, then I could see them taking it, of course if we had a top 5 pick we might want to keep the youth to go with Rose.

Either way, the trade is unlikely, but I certainly wouldn't rip the Bulls for wanting Dirk even with his age.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
dougthonus wrote:
I think it's funny how people rip this trade from both sides, as if everyone is dumb for considering it.

You'd want Dirk next to Rose because he'd space the floor something awesome for Rose. His age is certainly a negative factor, but it's not like you're giving up some prime time studs in their youth. Miller is a hanger on, Tyrus may not be back after next year anyway, James is just a cash savings, and the mid round pick would be worth nothing.

The Bulls would be insane not to make this trade even if Dirk is aging and has a smaller window of success left.

As for the Mavs, the point about them not doing this trade is probably pretty fair. The one thing you could say is that the Mavs aren't going to get any better with teh current cast they have. They need to add talent, and Dirk's window is shrinking, Kidd's window is probably just about gone. It's largely a team in decline. I don't think they'd blow it up, because they'll sell a hell of a lot more seats with Dirk on the team next year than if he's not, and they aren't getting anything in this trade that really makes it likely that they sell seats in the future either.

If we had a top 5 pick, then I could see them taking it, of course if we had a top 5 pick we might want to keep the youth to go with Rose.

Either way, the trade is unlikely, but I certainly wouldn't rip the Bulls for wanting Dirk even with his age.

Dirks only 30, I belive with his style of play bhe can be solid for another five seasons.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Newskoolbulls wrote:
dougthonus wrote:

Dirks only 30, I belive with his style of play bhe can be solid for another five seasons.
How many perimeter oriented allstars do you see at age 35? MJ? Dirk will be a roleplayer in 5 years. I would still happily make the deal because if it doesn't work out we can just let him walk at the end of the year and he will be great in a pick and roll with Rose.

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
dirk isn't a low post player, trust me.

he's a glorified prototypical european

Rose1

Liked Posts:
He also offers scoring proficiently at PF which we lack dramatically. duh!

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
bullsman24 wrote:

I agree that he's not a low post guy, but I don't think we want a low post guy necessarily.

We want an efficient effective offensive big man, and Dirk is that. He'd create tremendous spacing for Rose to operate around the basket.

2ndcitydiehard

Liked Posts:
bullsman24 wrote:

Glorified for what? being really good at basketball? I thought that's what we wanted.

cool007

Liked Posts:
Dirk and ROse together would be SUPER HUGE. There is no way Mark Cuban even THINKS about trading him unless he gets another star player in return or a player with big potential (Beasley?).

I don't think we have anyone outside of Rose taht Mavs WOULD want.

We can probably open up another 10 threads about how we should go after other star players. Realistically, we just don't have much chance for save a couple of players.

boogernights

Liked Posts:
Age is not an issue, especially when you win a championship or two within his so-called window.

Manic Devourer

Liked Posts:
There is no chance we get him, unless we involve another team where they can get a star player in return.

And people that are doubting him as a player, he is a damn star and one of the best scorer in the history of the NBA.

If he WERE to be available you'd be crazy not to do everything humanly possible to acquire him. Watching him play against the Nugget has really impressed me how throughout his career he has progressively steered away from the 3 point line and starting in or near the paint on the offensive end. He isn't a back down post player, but he doesn't need to be, because he is taller than most of his defenders, so he can start in the post by facing up and still get his shots easily.

He is a great great offensively player.

Kush77

Liked Posts:
Dirk would work well with Rose on a pick and roll. that would be nice.

I just want to see the Bulls get someone who would be a threat on the P&R. I was so sick of seein Rose and Gordon get trapped, and the option was to toss it to Noah or Thomas 15 feet from the basket where they aren't a threat at all. Unless Tyrus hits a few jumpers.