DK Metcalf was drafted after A. Isabella and Paris Campbell

Ruff Ruff

Liked Posts:
Eagles also took JJ Arcega-Whiteside before him too
How the fuck do these GMs make thousands of dollars and fuck up that bad??
Its almost as bad as drafting Kevin white in the first round

Liked Posts:
He had an existing neck injury that shortened his final season at Ole Miss, and he had a God-awful performance in the 3-cone (7.38 second) and short-shuttle (4.5 seconds) in the combine.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Because as i've been saying for many years on here, there's no exact science to drafting and how bad, average, good or great players will be and no GM or scout or coach can see the future. This happens multiple times in every single draft and every single GM that's ever been a GM has missed multiple times on multiple players.

It's an actual real thing.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Because as i've been saying for many years on here, there's no exact science to drafting and how bad, average, good or great players will be and no GM or scout or coach can see the future. This happens multiple times in every single draft and every single GM that's ever been a GM has missed multiple times on multiple players.

It's an actual real thing.

Nah, it only matters when ryan pace does it.

Legit, the hit rate, as in a player who's a starter for multiple years, in just the first round is about 50%.

Thats the first round.

The draft is a crapshoot, but some obviously think its not. Easy to criticize after the moment is over. Players get passed on all the time. Arguably the 2nd best WR of all time, TO, went in the 3rd round. The best QB of all time went in the 6th. The 2nd best TE of all time(Antonio Gates) went undrafted.

Happens all the time. Talent evaluation, especially in the NFL, is hard as fuck.

Last edited:

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
Well, because minimum wage for a full time worker would pay thousands as well.

Now if you mean millions, I think it's because the NFL is a bit of a misogynistic circle jerk. There are much better and more qualified individuals in other industries.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:

Uhhhh....are you new to watching football or just choosing to be dense for comedic purposes? Hard to tell. CCS is chock-full of slurpers and idiots.

GM/Scouting departments have their own processes for evaluation and interviewing potential draftees, and sometimes a candidate prefers 'X' standard over 'Y.' Have you considered that any guy can say all the right things, have a great individual work out, get drafted then suck? A guy could say all the wrong things or have a picture of him hitting a bong in a gas mask, get taken long after where talking heads think he should go then be a stud.

Sometimes the situation a guy is put in is perfect (Mahomes under Andy Reid) whereas it wouldn't be if another team took him (Mahomes under Fox for a year then Nagy).

Also, humans are also prone to mistakes.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Bears are the only team that didn't pass on drafting him, because they traded away their picks (Mack, Miller). Would have been a nice story with his dad (Terrance) being a former Bear.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Bears are the only team that didn't pass on drafting him, because they traded away their picks (Mack, Miller). Would have been a nice story with his dad (Terrance) being a former Bear.

Don't worry, we would have ruined him too.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Legit, the hit rate, as in a player who's a starter for multiple years, in just the first round is about 50%.

Thats the first round.

The draft is a crapshoot, but some obviously think its not. Easy to criticize after the moment is over. Players get passed on all the time. Arguably the 2nd best WR of all time, TO, went in the 3rd round. The best QB of all time went in the 6th. The 2nd best TE of all time(Antonio Gates) went undrafted.

Happens all the time. Talent evaluation, especially in the NFL, is hard as fuck.

It just blows my mind that with all the people on here that supposedly have all this knowledge of football and talk about how they knew a certain player in a draft was gonna be great or talk about how Pace should've made this move instead of that move don't understand how there will always be misses in the draft, free agency and trades no matter who our GM is. That's just how it is.

If R.Pace makes it through this season as our GM then even i am giving him one shot to do what he needs to do and put almost every bit of his focus on fixing this offense, and as we all know that means the o-line and QB as the first two fixes, and then he needs to figure out what to do with ARob. You either re-sign him or if you don't then you have to replace him. Fixing those things will help the running game which i'm good with Monty and Cohen but he needs to add one more true 3 down RB with speed and stop this C.Patterson at RB game.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bears
GM/Scouting departments have their own processes for evaluation and interviewing potential draftees, and sometimes a candidate prefers 'X' standard over 'Y.' Have you considered that any guy can say all the right things, have a great individual work out, get drafted then suck? A guy could say all the wrong things or have a picture of him hitting a bong in a gas mask, get taken long after where talking heads think he should go then be a stud.

Sometimes the situation a guy is put in is perfect (Mahomes under Andy Reid) whereas it wouldn't be if another team took him (Mahomes under Fox for a year then Nagy).

Also, humans are also prone to mistake

Boy do I agree with you. Just told a friend the other day if the Bears ever had Manning or Brady that they wouldn't be the great QB's that they are/were. Do you guys actually believe if the Bears did draft Mahomes or Watson that they'd be as good as they now are?

Montucky

Liked Posts:

Thats the first round.

People just do not recognize this fact. Compare guys to their peers, not to a redraft with 100% hindsight five years down the road.

msadows

Liked Posts:

Also, humans are also prone to mistake

Boy do I agree with you. Just told a friend the other day if the Bears ever had Manning or Brady that they wouldn't be the great QB's that they are/were. Do you guys actually believe if the Bears did draft Mahomes or Watson that they'd be as good as they now are?

Ohh yes. There are plenty on here that think that.

I'm fairly certain putting any young qb into this situation would destroy his confidence completely.

Just look at how amazing wentz looks now that he has no weapons and no oline.

Milton Waddams

Liked Posts:
Personally I thought Metcalf would be like White - hurt all the time. He had those steroid-looking photos that came out of him & AJ Brown, he was injured in college, etc... I thought his body would fail him like White's did.

That's why it's so important to have as many picks as possible. There's a greater chance of hitting on someone when you have more darts to throw.