DO THE BEARS HAVE ENOUGH CAP SPACE TO HAVE MITCH BACK UP WILSON?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I'm starting to think that the absolute best place for Mitchell is to stay a Bear, but in a QB2 role.

I'm just not sure about whether the bears will have enough cap space to have more than one QB if Wilson is the starter.

But, if we are going to have a backup wouldn't it be great if it's Mitch? He could finally learn from one of the greatests, Wilson will be intimately involved with reshaping Nagy's offense which will be to Mitchell's benefit as well, and imagine having Mitch come in for a wildcat or two a game with Wilson overseeing the backfield and Mitchell spread out wide?

This sounds like a plan if Pace can figure out how to make it work. Of course first order of business is finding out what to do with Wilson's prorated signing bonus, but I'm sure that some people know more about that stuff than me.

Any resident CCS NFL salary capologists want to weigh in here? (no googling, I want someone who actually knows their stuff, not some random clown)

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm starting to think that the absolute best place for Mitchell is to stay a Bear, but in a QB2 role.

I'm just not sure about whether the bears will have enough cap space to have more than one QB if Wilson is the starter.

But, if we are going to have a backup wouldn't it be great if it's Mitch? He could finally learn from one of the greatests, Wilson will be intimately involved with reshaping Nagy's offense which will be to Mitchell's benefit as well, and imagine having Mitch come in for a wildcat or two a game with Wilson overseeing the backfield and Mitchell spread out wide?

This sounds like a plan if Pace can figure out how to make it work. Of course first order of business is finding out what to do with Wilson's prorated signing bonus, but I'm sure that some people know more about that stuff than me.

Any resident CCS NFL salary capologists want to weigh in here? (no googling, I want someone who actually knows their stuff, not some random clown)

U haven't been in the super secret #themob public CCS Discord much the past 5 1/2 days but I addressed something similar late last Friday (3/5) if u scroll up (in super secret discord).

Anyways, good thread topic and I will hang up and listen.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So you want to carry Wilson/Foles/Trubisky? Da heck

What about all day Bray?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
U haven't been in the super secret #themob public CCS Discord much the past 5 1/2 days but I addressed something similar late last Friday (3/5) if u scroll up (in super secret discord).

Anyways, good thread topic and I will hang up and listen.

I lost my password but I will try back later but dude - think about this (and i'm sorry if it's been discussed in the discord group) Mitchell is literally a taller Russell Wilson prototype in terms of hustle and the ability to scrample around and extend plays, he just really lacks confidence because Nagy and Pace put too much pressure on him. I think having Russell as a buffer would boost his confidence and he could learn to actually execute plays just like Russell, only taller not as Christian.

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What is Wilson's cap hit to Bears, 19 mil? so, I'm sure the Bears can come up with 19 mil and a dollar.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
So you want to carry Wilson/Foles/Trubisky? Da heck

What about all day Bray?
Foles gets traded to whomstever.

Honestly, right now it doesn't look like Bears would be able to afford more than Wilson at the QB position so it would just be him backing up himself.

Some haters might think that's not a good idea but Wilson has NEVER MISSED A GAME.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
If need be, Mitch can start a few games too; while Wilson learns Nagy's intricate system.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Bray about to get paid. Answer is no can’t afford Trubisky and I’m sure he would want to go elsewhere. Hopefully trade Foles to the Eagles for something. Draft a mid round rookie to be the backup.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
If need be, Mitch can start a few games too; while Wilson learns Nagy's intricate system.

I thought it was made clear earlier (scroll up much?)

BUT, When wilson comes to town it's going to BE HIM. Wilson's system. Nagy just does wtf he is told and stays out of it. He can sprinkle a trick play in here and there, but this will be RUSSELL's show. God bless the bears.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Bray about to get paid. Answer is no can’t afford Trubisky and I’m sure he would want to go elsewhere. Hopefully trade Foles to the Eagles for something. Draft a mid round rookie to be the backup.
BRAY GETS CUT

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I thought it was made clear earlier (scroll up much?)

BUT, When wilson comes to town it's going to BE HIM. Wilson's system. Nagy just does wtf he is told and stays out of it. He can sprinkle a trick play in here and there, but this will be RUSSELL's show. God bless the bears.

I had my post posted before reading yours. So yeah, my thoughts were that Wilson would have to be cool with missing some games as he learns the ropes around here.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
The Eagles already ate a 6th round pick and turded out Foles to the Bears. Why would they want that waste back?

Fucking yuck dude.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
True. There is layers upon layers upon wrinkles to Nagy's evil genius offense.

**** Nagy's offense. Wilson is going to make major edits to that playbook if Pace brings him in.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
**** Nagy's offense. Wilson is going to make major edits to that playbook if Pace brings him in.
"Tell Nagy I said go fuck yourself"

I could totes see that happening if Wilson becomes a Bear.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
He's not a sailor buddy.

Could you imagine how friggin pissed some people here would be if Wilson's non cursing arse was a Bear?