Do they win this game with justin "bustin" fields?

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
Fields isn’t carrying a team anywhere. He can be a game manager on a well built team and succeed. You can’t rely on him to win games on his own though. QB play had been so bad in Pittsburgh the last 3-4 years that any sort of competency would yield better results. Average to below average QB’s have won super bowls. And in his defense maybe he’s taken a step beyond just being average. But the Steelers have a ceiling with the way that team is built and plays. Maybe they’re the 2000 Ravens or 85 Bears and their defense just dominates and carries them. That’s a longshot though. More than likely the lack of offense bites them at some point in the playoffs.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Ahhhh.....so one guy proclaimed it
there was likely others...hes just the name i do know for sure. if you think he was the only one, well fine...go ahead and live your dream world

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Weird @remydat favorite statistic organization said not only was Fields under pressure but he was blitzed multiple times and had this stat line

Except @knoxville7 is lying as I never claimed he wasnt under pressure. I said Caleb faced more inside pressure which he did. He had 7 pressures given up by IOL compared to just 1 for Fields.

On the season that is 27 pressures and 7 sacks up the middle compared to 13 and 1 for Pitt. Anyone with a brain knows it is harder for a QB to deal with pressure up the middle. @knoxville7 seems to think it only matters if it is Miller Moss.

The other issue with pressure up the middle is that Caleb cant step up to avoid outside rushes so it leads to more sacks by the edge players as well.

Last edited:

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Except @knoxville7 is lying as I never claimed he wasnt under pressure. I said Caleb faced more inside pressure which he did. He had 7 pressures given up by IOL compared to just 1 for Fields.

On the season that is 27 pressures and 7 sacks up the middle compared to 13 and 1 for Pitt. Anyone with a brain knows it is harder for a QB to deal with pressure up the middle. @knoxville7 seems to think it only matters if it is Miller Moss.
no, thats not what you said. you said JF1 hasnt faced the same kind of pressure as CW. your words, not mine. look up the definition of "kind" if you need to

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
no, thats not what you said. you said JF1 hasnt faced the same kind of pressure as CW. your words, not mine. look up the definition of "kind" if you need to

Yes it is exactly what I said.

20 > 12. 5 > 1. So no it isnt the same kind of pressure. I am sure Caleb is sorry for whatever he did to hurt your feelings.
I literally gave you numbers to explain what I meant and you are playing dumb again.

Your whole argument seems to be I should adjust what I mean to account for your decision to be purposefully obtuse as to my meaning.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Yes it is exactly what I said.

I literally gave you numbers to explain what I meant and you are playing dumb again.
so you admit you used poor language at first to drive home your "point?"

Thanks, now we can move on...I hope

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
just a quick refresher on what was actually said by remy

yet, @PrideisBears showed that Fields actually excelled under pressure...go figure!!

Another lie. This comment was his sucking under pressure with the Bears which he did. How he performs with the Steelers is irrelevant because the OP was abojt how he would fair with the Bears not the Steelers.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Anothet lie. This comment was his sucking under pressure with the Bears which he did. How he performs with the Steelers is irrelevant because the OP was abojt how he would fair with the Bears not the Steelers.
lmo youre claiming this wasnt the first post in the thread that started this nonsense back and forth??? mmmmk buddy

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
so you admit you used poor language at first to drive home your "point?"

Thanks, now we can move on...I hope

Nope I did not. You are interpreting a word that can mean multiple things in a way to suit your argument. They did not face the same kind of pressure because Caleb has been exposed to more interior pressure than Fields.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
lmo youre claiming this wasnt the first post in the thread that started this nonsense back and forth??? mmmmk buddy

No I am claiming it is a lie to say he excelled under pressure last year which was the topic of my post. You are trying to mislead by pretending I was talking about this year and not his time on the Bears.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Nope I did not. You are interpreting a word that can mean multiple things in a way to suit your argument. They did not face the same kind of pressure because Caleb has been exposed to more interior pressure than Fields.
Screenshot 2024-09-23 112840.png

there ya go big guy...theres the definition of the word you used. and it mentions comparing things of similar characteristics...you know, like pressure in a general sense.

if you meant pressure up the middle you should have said that, and you later did state that.

thus, your initial post was worded poorly...proven by your own need to clarify it later(move goalposts)

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Lol nope. Fields sucked when pressured and would have had a ton of TOs in this O.

Yeah, fields definitely didn’t have any pressure today facing bosa and mack!!!

Neither of those guys are DTs that bring pressure up the middle. Steelers also have a run game taking pressure off of him. Sorry.
thats the way this started...so yeah, you def worded it poorly if that was your intent of your statement. you meant to say something like "pressure rate" not kind of pressure...but you didnt

its okay, it happens. just own it and move on

but you wont, you will keep on and on about it...because you just simply cant help yourself