Do they win this game with justin "bustin" fields?

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Herbert couldn't overcome the defense because he wasn't playing. You have zero idea how that game turns out if he finished the game
I saw him score once and that was it

Yogi

Liked Posts:
Edit: whoops, meant to put this in the other thread

One of the underrated aspects of Caleb's performance is that there's no desire or need to go watch a JT O'Sullivan or Kurt Warner breakdown of his throws from the game.

With 32 completions and 363 yards, he's obviously doing something right, and doing it right a lot.

I was a huge Fields fan, but damn it was tiring that even in his 3rd season I'd find myself spending Mondays or Tuesdays watching these analysts go through the tape of his 20-25 attempts per game trying to see what he's seeing and if he's playing on time, improving, etc.

We're 3 games in with Caleb and it already feels like we're past that.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Did you even watch the game? Herbert didn't "leave" the game. He never should have started the game. Pittsburgh's defense is hot right now.
At least I wouldn't have started my franchise QB on the road in Pittsburgh with what they are doing this year.

Bottom line; A Fields led offense matched scores with a Herbert led offense. Pittsburgh's defense made up the rest.
So Fields matched scores with an injured Herbert who had no business starting?

Is that supposed to be an endorsement?

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
What I will say @Spitta Andretti is while Caleb got more weapons than Fields ever did he is still a victim of an incompetent Bears organization. OL is still ass, coaches still ass and the offensive scheme is still ass. My worry is him having to learn another offensive system next year as Flus or Waldron becomes the scapegoat

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And were asking for honesty meanwhile you guys are wanting to take laps comparing a 4th year starter to a guy who's played 3 games.
I've already said that if Pittsburgh has CW, we'd all be talking Stroud-like performance. So you can skip me with that comparison garbage. The only laps I'm taking are my team is 3-0 taking my other team's castaways and winning with them.

Coaching matters.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Fields beat a great chargers defense but let’s be real and not like he was pressured all game or maybe he wasn’t pressured up the middle or whatever bullshit you made up

Moses Moreno

RB1 - VELUS JONES JR
Liked Posts:
the first video is agent bagent throwing lol

yes, we all know he is cheeks
It's not even Bagent, it's Tim Boyle.

Is there a carbon dioxide leak in this fucking thread?

My god.

Agreed, but I don’t see JF apologists pointing out that a CW interception yesterday hit his receiver in the chest.
I'm a JF apologist and a Caleb apologist - the coaching staff and OL have done and will do no favors to either of those dudes. Caleb's game is a little more ready made but dropping back to throw 56 times is trash.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
the first video is agent bagent throwing lol

yes, we all know he is cheeks

Yes I was illustrating that Bears QBs throw terrible interceptions all the time. That is not limited to Caleb or Fields.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Yes I was illustrating that Bears QBs throw terrible interceptions all the time. That is not limited to Caleb or Fields.
this just in!! this just in!!! bears QB's have been terrible for decades!!!

thank you for this important news bulletin brought to you by remy

okay, whats your point? that its an epidemic and caleb isnt immune either??

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

What's wrong with you?

Yes. It's football. Should he only score if Herbert is healthy?

Have you watched any Pittsburgh games? I know you were in Houston last week. Hint: They have hellacious defense. And far superior coaching to what we have in Chicago.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I saw him score once and that was it

Both teams were obviously in the same boat when he was pulled with a tie game. But let's not act like Herbert, before aggravating his injury wasn't a better chance to score than Heinicke. He pretty much came in the game and took more sacks in one qtr than gimpy Herbert did in 3 qtrs.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Fields beat a great chargers defense but let’s be real and not like he was pressured all game or maybe he wasn’t pressured up the middle or whatever bullshit you made up

Lol he was pressured on 7 of 35 dropbacks and Bosa was out. Not that significant at all. Only game he faced signifcant pressure is Denver.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Both teams were obviously in the same boat when he was pulled with a tie game. But let's not act like Herbert, before aggravating his injury wasn't a better chance to score than Heinicke. He pretty much came in the game and took more sacks in one qtr than gimpy Herbert did in 3 qtrs.
So the starting QB is supposed to outperform the journeyman backup?

Moses Moreno

RB1 - VELUS JONES JR
Liked Posts:

The best ability is availability.

Justin Fields has played a very clean brand of football through 3 games.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What's wrong with you?

Yes. It's football. Should he only score if Herbert is healthy?

Have you watched any Pittsburgh games? I know you were in Houston last week. Hint: They have hellacious defense. And far superior coaching to what we have in Chicago.

You didnt mention the D. You made a point of saying he matched Herbert after daying Herbert was injured and should not have played.

You know whose D is better than Chargers? The Steelers. Especially with Bosa out. So you are saying a healthy Fields against the Chargers D matched an injured Herbert against a better Steelers D.

Again is this supposed to be impressive?

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Lol he was pressured on 7 of 35 dropbacks and Bosa was out. Not that significant at all. Only game he faced signifcant pressure is Denver.
Bosa left the game when?

Moses Moreno

RB1 - VELUS JONES JR
Liked Posts:
You didnt mention the D. You made a point of saying he matched Herbert after daying Herbert was injured and should not have played.

You know whose D is better than Chargers? The Steelers. Especially with Bosa out. So you are saying a healthy Fields against the Chargers D matched an injured Herbert against a better Steelers D.

Chargers have the 3rd best defense by DVOA.

So, yes. It is impressive. Something's wrong with you bud.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

How’d the Steelers end up winning if that’s all that happened 🤔