Do they win this game with justin "bustin" fields?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You are arguing against the entire system and not being objective.

The numbers are not opinion. They are simply numbers.

How many times have you used PFF regarding a players performance?

You act as if PFF never had a ranking until a player has had a certain number of games. That's not how it works.

As for the Chargers I really hope they suck cause I'm rooting for KC.

I am being objective. Small sample sizes are a known issue.

If I used PFF based on 2 games and you told me it is only 2 games so could be wrong I would agree with you. So not sure what to tell you.

In fact @DanielCCSBears has tried to pick individual games to claim players he dislikes are bad and I have said to him he is cherry picking and you need a whole body of work. So my argument is consistent.

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

If I used PFF based on 2 games and you told me it is only 2 games so could be wrong I would agree with you. So not sure what to tell you.

In fact @DanielCCSBears has tried to pick individual games to claim players he dislikes are bad and I have said to him he is cherry picking and you need a whole body of work. So my argument is consistent.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I wouldn't do such a thing. Right now the rankings are the rankings.

100% guarantee they'll change as the season goes on.

However, Buffalo looks really good on offense. Pittsburgh looks really good on defense. Agree? I haven't looked at any stats. Just watched the games.

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

So you think I cherry picked one or two games to come to a conclusion on Tyrique Stevenson right before he went out and had the type of game I predicted he could have?

Tyrique Stevenson is going to struggle in his career the same way Charles Tillman struggled with Steve Smith but could always match up well with Randy Moss or Megatron.

Problem is the NFL is shifting towards WRs like Steve Smith instead of Megatron. You can see the physical skills he lacks to keep up with players and it showed up against the Texans.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I don’t believe Justin ever came back from being down multiple scores, so no. Even 1 score down in the 4th proved to problematic.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I wouldn't do such a thing. Right now the rankings are the rankings.

100% guarantee they'll change as the season goes on.

However, Buffalo looks really good on offense. Pittsburgh looks really good on defense. Agree? I haven't looked at any stats. Just watched the games.

Buffalo has historically looked good on O and Pitt on D so not a small sample size. There is a historical body of work. The Chargers have not.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So you think I cherry picked one or two games to come to a conclusion on Tyrique Stevenson right before he went out and had the type of game I predicted he could have?

Tyrique Stevenson is going to struggle in his career the same way Charles Tillman struggled with Steve Smith but could always match up well with Randy Moss or Megatron.

Problem is the NFL is shifting towards WRs like Steve Smith instead of Megatron. You can see the physical skills he lacks to keep up with players and it showed up against the Texans.

Tyrique guarded Nico Collins who is 6-4 and 222 ie more like Megatron not 5-8 Steve Smith.

I think you are often wrong about basic facts like the above or like claiming Stevenson regressed when the data shows he got better as year went on.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Buffalo has historically looked good on O and Pitt on D so not a small sample size. There is a historical body of work. The Chargers have not.
I'm only looking at so far this season. Previous season won't do anything for them.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'm only looking at so far this season. Previous season won't do anything for them.
Yes but my point is 2 games is a small sample size. However if those 2 games are consistent with historical data over years then that is more reliable.

It is fine if you disagree but just saying statistically it is a valid premise.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes but my point is 2 games is a small sample size. However if those 2 games are consistent with historical data over years then that is more reliable.

It is fine if you disagree but just saying statistically it is a valid premise.
But that's the point. If they played terrible all last season and the season before and start out playing good for 2 games, do you continue to say they are bad despite the current evidence? Especially if changes had been made between seasons. I think historical data isn't useful in that case.
It's only useful if they are bad, have always been bad, and start out the first 2 games bad. Then you still have 2 games of data to see they are bad.

Staley was a terrible coach who was s DC, so you would think he would at least have a good defense. He didn't. He had a terrible defense in LA. They fired him and went through a draft and off-season with Harbaugh.

Given that, shouldn't the slate be clean at that point? Or, as you say use historical reference use Harbaugh's history of always having a good defense to predict how they will be?

Or is it always once bad always bad? Once good always good? I don't believe it's that simple.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
But that's the point. If they played terrible all last season and the season before and start out playing good for 2 games, do you continue to say they are bad despite the current evidence? Especially if changes had been made between seasons. I think historical data isn't useful in that case.
It's only useful if they are bad, have always been bad, and start out the first 2 games bad. Then you still have 2 games of data to see they are bad.

Staley was a terrible coach who was s DC, so you would think he would at least have a good defense. He didn't. He had a terrible defense in LA. They fired him and went through a draft and off-season with Harbaugh.

Given that, shouldn't the slate be clean at that point? Or, as you say use historical reference use Harbaugh's history of always having a good defense to predict how they will be?

Or is it always once bad always bad? Once good always good? I don't believe it's that simple.
I am not saying they are bad. I am saying 2 games against Getsy and Young doesnt prove they are good. As bad as they were last year they still would have performed well against Getsy and Young if they played last year IMO.

Harbaugh has coached in the NFL for almost a decade so that isnt very recent and certainly not as predictable as looking at the Steelers D or Bills O performace last year.

Waiting for more games isnt some huge crime against the Chargers D. It is the statisically logical thing to do. We will.find out soon enough how legit that D is.

Moses Moreno

RB1 - VELUS JONES JR
Liked Posts:
I am not saying they are bad. I am saying 2 games against Getsy and Young doesnt prove they are good. As bad as they were last year they still would have performed well against Getsy and Young if they played last year IMO.

Harbaugh has coached in the NFL for almost a decade so that isnt very recent and certainly not as predictable as looking at the Steelers D or Bills O performace last year.

Waiting for more games isnt some huge crime against the Chargers D. It is the statisically logical thing to do. We will.find out soon enough how legit that D is.
We lost historical DVOA data due to Football Outsiders going belly up but the Harbuagh Niners were elite at defense and both him and his brother have worked in tandem to develop their defensive staffs.

Minter was a defensive assistant for John starting in 2017 worked his way up and then got hired by Vandy as a DC in 2021 only to be hired by Jim in 2022.

Mike Macdonald was a Ravens guy starting in 2014 - worked his way up and got hired by Jim in Michigan in 2021 only to get the Ravens DC job and now he's a bad motherfucker in Seattle running a 3-0 team.

A Harbuagh coached team will most likely be pretty fucking good at defense and more often than not be a 10+ win team.

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Tyrique guarded Nico Collins who is 6-4 and 222 ie more like Megatron not 5-8 Steve Smith.

I think you are often wrong about basic facts like the above or like claiming Stevenson regressed when the data shows he got better as year went on.
That's nice why did he get smoked like did in the game against the Packers in Week 18?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
We lost historical DVOA data due to Football Outsiders going belly up but the Harbuagh Niners were elite at defense and both him and his brother have worked in tandem to develop their defensive staffs.

Minter was a defensive assistant for John starting in 2017 worked his way up and then got hired by Vandy as a DC in 2021 only to be hired by Jim in 2022.

Mike Macdonald was a Ravens guy starting in 2014 - worked his way up and got hired by Jim in Michigan in 2021 only to get the Ravens DC job and now he's a bad motherfucker in Seattle running a 3-0 team.

A Harbuagh coached team will most likely be pretty fucking good at defense and more often than not be a 10+ win team.

So great lets watch how this season unfolds and see if you end up being correct. No need to speculate as the season is already here.

P.S. I thought you were celebrating having me on ignore a few weeks ago. What happened? You got bored?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That's nice why did he get smoked like did in the game against the Packers in Week 18?
Sir your claim was it showed up against the Texans. Again Nico Collins is not a WR like Steve Smith. Your premise was wrong.

Also, one game is not regression. Do I need to explain statistics to you? How did he perform over the last half of the season relative to the first half? Please cite your data.

Moses Moreno

RB1 - VELUS JONES JR
Liked Posts:
So great lets watch how this season unfolds and see if you end up being correct. No need to speculate as the season is already here.

P.S. I thought you were celebrating having me on ignore a few weeks ago. What happened? You got bored?

I've never had a single poster on ignore. You've gotten into too many vortexes to remember your ass from a hole in a ground here.

Players and coaches have reputations based on their body of work - sometimes it's unjustified (Justin Fields was poorly developed by the Chicago Bears and he's now shedding his reputation) and sometimes it's justified (Jim Harbaugh has .694 winning % in the NFL and has an absurd winning % in college) because he understands how to win games via running the ball and playing hard nosed defense.

If you need a decade of data to form an opinion on something - you're more likely than not a moron.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I've never had a single poster on ignore. You've gotten into too many vortexes to remember your ass from a hole in a ground here.

Players and coaches have reputations based on their body of work - sometimes it's unjustified (Justin Fields was poorly developed by the Chicago Bears and he's now shedding his reputation) and sometimes it's justified (Jim Harbaugh has .694 winning % in the NFL and has an absurd winning % in college) because he understands how to win games via running the ball and playing hard nosed defense.

If you need a decade of data to form an opinion on something - you're more likely than not a moron.

My bad.. Confused you with @Myk

You cant read. I said Harbaugh's hasnt been in the NFL for almost a decade not that I need a decade of data.

2 games against Getsy and Bryce Young is not enough data. We will see how the Chargers look at end of this year. That is the point. No need to guess or rely on what he did 10 years ago. The season will reveal the truth.

Moses Moreno

RB1 - VELUS JONES JR
Liked Posts:
My bad.. Confused you with @Myk

You cant read. I said Harbaugh's hasnt been in the NFL for almost a decade not that I need a decade of data.

2 games against Getsy and Bryce Young is not enough data. We will see how the Chargers look at end of this year. That is the point. No need to guess or rely on what he did 10 years ago. The season will reveal the truth.

I was making fun of you saying you need a decade to form an opinion because you're a dimwit.

You're free to think whatever you want about a Harbaugh led defense. I know they'll be good - you'll join me in that opinion because he's an excellent head coach who typically has excellent coordinators.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
wow! you guys really Remy'dat
The crucial play of the game...CW's fumble

There was a 7 man protection vs a 4 man rush, and Kmet still got beat for lack of help

"After the game, Kmet took accountability for his mistake, describing himself as “just lost there” on a shot play where the Bears used a seven-man protection to handle a four-man rush."
It's true but he was unlucky in the blocking sequence as much as anything else. He got proper help but that help also made him lose contact with Latu. It's one of those shit happens moments that you try not to avoid at the end of games by doing better earlier.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
PFF is so funny. Everyone here has kind of reached this understanding where PFF is stupid if it goes against your narrative and great if it supports your narrative.

I don't give a shit about PFF. Maybe it has its merits, maybe it sucks. I never use it in support of or against an opinion, though, because it will sway absolutely no one.