Do they win this game with justin "bustin" fields?

abegibronreborn

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Iowa Hawkeyes
Here is interesting article about Justin Fields performance as Steeler with their coaching staff..

It's a fair argument - The Steelers found a way to win with him, something the Bears failed to do.

That said, JF's numbers are far from gawdy. He's on a team that plays great defense and asks the quarterback to do little else other than throw the game away. In Chicago, Fields was expected to carry the team on his shoulders, and that obviously did not work.

Better defense. Better overall talent. vastly superior coaching - He's in an ideal spot.

Liked Posts:
It's a fair argument - The Steelers found a way to win with him, something the Bears failed to do.

That said, JF's numbers are far from gawdy. He's on a team that plays great defense and asks the quarterback to do little else other than throw the game away. In Chicago, Fields was expected to carry the team on his shoulders, and that obviously did not work.

Better defense. Better overall talent. vastly superior coaching - He's in an ideal spot.
It seemed like no one knew what they wanted with Fields when he was a Bear. At one point, people wanted Fields throwing the ball 40 times a game just to see if he could "develop". It was blatantly stated that the Bears weren't interested in 'winning', but that Fields' "development" was the main thing. It stopped making sense pretty early, but no one could just admit that Fields wasn't all that great. So you continued to see Fields as the centerpiece of an offense that was lucky to score 10 points a game.

I'm hoping the same thing doesn't happen with CW, but I think its trending in a "Fields" direction at the moment.

abegibronreborn

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Iowa Hawkeyes
It seemed like no one knew what they wanted with Fields when he was a Bear. At one point, people wanted Fields throwing the ball 40 times a game just to see if he could "develop". It was blatantly stated that the Bears weren't interested in 'winning', but that Fields' "development" was the main thing. It stopped making sense pretty early, but no one could just admit that Fields wasn't all that great. So you continued to see Fields as the centerpiece of an offense that was lucky to score 10 points a game.

I'm hoping the same thing doesn't happen with CW, but I think its trending in a "Fields" direction at the moment.
JF was here for three seasons and seemed to plateau rather than improve. Some of that is on him, and some of it is not. This was never a favorable situation for him, and I don't believe he is ever going to be the elite player the Bears wanted him to be. He can be a game manager, which is what he is doing in Pittsburgh. Basically, he's Malik Willis -Athletic, some ability, well coached, a solid back-up QB that can win you some games while you wait for your starter to get well.

CW is still in the embryonic stages of his development, and we don't really know which way it is going to go yet. Poles has done a decent job of trying to surround him with talent, bringing in Odunze, Moore, Allen, Swift, and trying to improve the offensive line (which remains a work in progress). Through three games the results have been at best mixed, and many Bear fans are as impatient as ever. This is not going to be a quick fix - Hopefully they are laying a solid foundation while waiting for CW to learn on the job. I am more interested to see how this all looks at season's end that I am now. I expect a bumpy ride in the interim.

Too early to tell.

Moses Moreno

RB1 - VELUS JONES JR
Liked Posts:
And my point is you should learn to read at a 5th grade level at least.
I'm not arguing semantics with your goofy ass.
JF was here for three seasons and seemed to plateau rather than improve. Some of that is on him, and some of it is not. This was never a favorable situation for him, and I don't believe he is ever going to be the elite player the Bears wanted him to be. He can be a game manager, which is what he is doing in Pittsburgh. Basically, he's Malik Willis -Athletic, some ability, well coached, a solid back-up QB that can win you some games while you wait for your starter to get well.

CW is still in the embryonic stages of his development, and we don't really know which way it is going to go yet. Poles has done a decent job of trying to surround him with talent, bringing in Odunze, Moore, Allen, Swift, and trying to improve the offensive line (which remains a work in progress). Through three games the results have been at best mixed, and many Bear fans are as impatient as ever. This is not going to be a quick fix - Hopefully they are laying a solid foundation while waiting for CW to learn on the job. I am more interested to see how this all looks at season's end that I am now. I expect a bumpy ride in the interim.

Too early to tell.
How much have you watched him in Pittsburgh?

And no need to discuss Caleb's development vs Justin's. CLEARLY there's still dysfunction here and the Bears fan in me has hope for Caleb because Justin's making steps forward away from this situation. Caleb's going to be shaky here because despite getting a nice wr core you still have an ass OL and a head coach who says he wants a big-time QB who can make all the plays but at his heart wants a game manager who doesn't throw any picks.

The dysfunction starts at Eberflus. Very little falls on either Justin's shoulders or Caleb's and development is not linear (look at Darnold) so no need to try and pretend like we know what Justin's going to become, because we don't.

Moses Moreno

RB1 - VELUS JONES JR
Liked Posts:

Pretty good article on the steps forward from Justin this weekend.

They're going to boatrace the Colts this weekend.

jc456

Liked Posts:
I don’t see Caleb failing. He’s progressing with bad play calling. He’s did what Justin did today, but it only took him 3 games, not 3 years +. Now the whole offense needs to click to get the wins.
what is it he did that Justin did Sunday?

jc456

Liked Posts:

Bears started winning when Sweat came in, just like Pittsburgh is winning with their defense. JF has done nothing that he didn't do here. Again, I watch those pesky QB you tubers and they keep showing the inability of JF to find a receiver just like when he was here.

jc456

Liked Posts:
I'm not arguing semantics with your goofy ass.

How much have you watched him in Pittsburgh?

And no need to discuss Caleb's development vs Justin's. CLEARLY there's still dysfunction here and the Bears fan in me has hope for Caleb because Justin's making steps forward away from this situation. Caleb's going to be shaky here because despite getting a nice wr core you still have an ass OL and a head coach who says he wants a big-time QB who can make all the plays but at his heart wants a game manager who doesn't throw any picks.

The dysfunction starts at Eberflus. Very little falls on either Justin's shoulders or Caleb's and development is not linear (look at Darnold) so no need to try and pretend like we know what Justin's going to become, because we don't.
I would disagree. All one has to do is watch the QB experts on the internet to see that JF and CW have a problem recognizing open receivers. That is not a coaching element, one either has that ability or not. JF still can't in Pittsburgh, same exact issue. I wish if one wants to bitch about lack of progress to at least do some research on the all 22 updates first. Keep one's Bear Heart out of it.

jc456

Liked Posts:
Int % is down
Sack % is down
Completion % is up
Two minute drill has been really good
4th quarter passing stats are excellent

He's playing smart, efficient and safe quarterbacking from the pocket without relying on his legs.

The arrow is very much pointing up.

Liked Posts:
CLEARLY there's still dysfunction here and the Bears fan in me has hope for Caleb because Justin's making steps forward away from this situation. Caleb's going to be shaky here because despite getting a nice wr core you still have an ass OL and a head coach who says he wants a big-time QB who can make all the plays but at his heart wants a game manager who doesn't throw any picks.

I don't disagree, but I think the dysfunction starts at Poles. The team hasn't been assembled in a logical manner. Its hard to win those Eberflusian "defensive struggles" when you can't run the ball and have a bad OL. I think the 'nice WR corps' is as much of a curse as it is a blessing to CW's development....people see the WR names on the roster and wonder why the passing game isn't more successful. I think DJ Moore is a great WR, but his 'chemistry' with CW is almost as bad as Fields/Mooney. Keenan Allen has been a complete washout. Odunze has linked up with CW, and Kmet is starting to get used more, but I think a rookie QB gets more help from his RB/OL than from his WRs. JMO

Moses Moreno

RB1 - VELUS JONES JR
Liked Posts:
I watched it already, there weren't any egregious plays left on the table in that game.

He threw a 55 yard TD over the middle, in a fairly tight window in the 4th quarter. Nothing about that sentence is the Justin Fields of the past two years.

abegibronreborn

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Iowa Hawkeyes
Bears started winning when Sweat came in, just like Pittsburgh is winning with their defense. JF has done nothing that he didn't do here. Again, I watch those pesky QB you tubers and they keep showing the inability of JF to find a receiver just like when he was here.

The Bears had Tez in their final game of the season, and JF and the offense looked an awful lot like they did in game one of the season, with the same result.

That's a plateau.

Moses Moreno

RB1 - VELUS JONES JR
Liked Posts:
It isnt semantics. You made a stupid argument based on you completely misreading what I said.
It is - I said it'll take you a decade to decide that Harbaugh is going have a good defense to make fun of you.

I had no clue about you saying something about a decade in some other discussion that I didn't care about.

You have so many arguments that they're bleeding into each other for you, that's a remy problem.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Steelers have given up 10, 6 and 10 points. There are few QBs in the NFL that would not be 3-0 in those conditions and being asked to do as little as Fields is being asked to do.

If his ceiling is game manager for an elite D then not sure why anyone would want him back. Now if he can show he can win 27-24 or when the D isnt making it this easy for him then that would be something.

Until then good on him for being able to do the bare minimum.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It is - I said it'll take you a decade to decide that Harbaugh is going have a good defense to make fun of you.

I had no clue about you saying something about a decade in some other discussion that I didn't care about.

You have so many arguments that they're bleeding into each other for you, that's a remy problem.

Right so you either cant read or completely made shit up. Got it.