Do they win this game with justin "bustin" fields?

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's all Eberflus' fault. He put this team together, he went with this offensive line, he changed the running backs, he wants Everitt on the field, he's calling the plays, he ditched Fields for Williams, he tried phasing out Kmet.

Well, he did select Waldron, and do we even know that for a fact?

"I appreciate this opportunity given to me by Coach Eberflus and Ryan Poles," Waldron said. "We can't wait to get to work at a franchise with such a storied history and passionate fan base."

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It's all Eberflus' fault. He put this team together, he went with this offensive line, he changed the running backs, he wants Everitt on the field, he's calling the plays, he ditched Fields for Williams, he tried phasing out Kmet.

Well, he did select Waldron, and do we even know that for a fact?

"I appreciate this opportunity given to me by Coach Eberflus and Ryan Poles," Waldron said. "We can't wait to get to work at a franchise with such a storied history and passionate fan base."
This kind of feels like that year Nagy threw everything at Trubs and he sucked the first 4 fames and then he figured out what Trubs did well and dialed the O back to focus on the things Trubs did best. Problem was once the D adjusted to that Nagy and Trubisky ran out of ideas.

Waldron has not treated Williams as a rookie. He has thrown the whole playbook at him and the rest of the team ans hopefully will dial it back. The difference is I think Williams is showing he can handle most of the offense and the dialing back will be moreso because the OL cant handle the full playbook.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This kind of feels like that year Nagy threw everything at Trubs and he sucked the first 4 fames and then he figured out what Trubs did well and dialed the O back to focus on the things Trubs did best. Problem was once the D adjusted to that Nagy and Trubisky ran out of ideas.

Waldron has not treated Williams as a rookie. He has thrown the whole playbook at him and the rest of the team ans hopefully will dial it back. The difference is I think Williams is showing he can handle most of the offense and the dialing back will be moreso because the OL cant handle the full playbook.

I do have the impression that Waldron thought he was immediately going to have this high flying offense, which worked out well in preseason when there was no defense and defensive scheming.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I do have the impression that Waldron thought he was immediately going to have this high flying offense, which worked out well in preseason when there was no defense and defensive scheming.

Yeah I think there are 2 schools of thought. Throw everything at them and see what sticks or give them something limited and build on it as you go. More than one way to skin a cat.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah I think there are 2 schools of thought. Throw everything at them and see what sticks or give them something limited and build on it as you go. More than one way to skin a cat.

I'll take option B for $1000 Alex.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'll take option B for $1000 Alex.

I can see the value in that but that is a slower development process. I suspect they figured Caleb could handle the former and arent too fussed about the growing pains.

Liked Posts:
But the Bears as an organization seems to skin their cat the same way, over and over, with the same lack of results. It seems like CW doesn't understand the offense to the extent of, for instance, checking out of run plays when the defense has 8 in the box. I'm not sure how 'throwing the whole playbook' is an intellectual approach....seems to be just a cop out for lack of coaching.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

This and a lot of the passing game issue is the WTs and CW choosing different options when they're isolated. If they have a game where they're all on the same page, we may see 400 yards before this year is out.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
But the Bears as an organization seems to skin their cat the same way, over and over, with the same lack of results. It seems like CW doesn't understand the offense to the extent of, for instance, checking out of run plays when the defense has 8 in the box. I'm not sure how 'throwing the whole playbook' is an intellectual approach....seems to be just a cop out for lack of coaching.

Not sure this is true. Just because there is 8 in the box doesnt necessarily mean they have to check out. That depends on whether the D's strength is away from the intended run or not. Not as simple as 8 man box throw as teams will always run into 8 man boxes some percentage of time.

Further on that infamous 4th down option Shelton said they couldnt check out of the play because they didnt have enough time.

msadows

Liked Posts:

CHGO is terrible.

He's not the same guy, he's not running as much there and throwing into the middle of the field. We never saw him ever throw a slant in chicago, we never saw him throw into tight windows.

Is he amazing? Hell no, but its just lazy journalism(Daniel level) to say this shit. You can see that he finally is getting good coaching.

God bless caleb, I hope his talent can overcome the shit coaching this organization always has.

Liked Posts:
Not sure this is true. Just because there is 8 in the box doesnt necessarily mean they have to check out. That depends on whether the D's strength is away from the intended run or not. Not as simple as 8 man box throw as teams will always run into 8 man boxes some percentage of time.
I didn't say they will always throw....but it seems like they tend to keep running directly at the defense's strength, hence the low YPC.

Moses Moreno

RB1 - VELUS JONES JR
Liked Posts:
CHGO is terrible.

He's not the same guy, he's not running as much there and throwing into the middle of the field. We never saw him ever throw a slant in chicago, we never saw him throw into tight windows.

Is he amazing? Hell no, but its just lazy journalism(Daniel level) to say this shit. You can see that he finally is getting good coaching.

God bless caleb, I hope his talent can overcome the shit coaching this organization always has.

Warner wasn't a huge fan of his while he was here so this review (it's highly positive) is encouraging for those of us who want to see Justin do well.

I think they'll be a few steps ahead of the Colts defense all day on Sunday so it'll be interesting to see how it plays out. A nice blowout win and I think they'll formally announce Justin as the starter. There's starting to be rumblings about an extension over there already.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
CHGO is terrible.

Week 3 is where he threw more over the middle. Week 2 he did not so still.remaijd to be seen if he can do it consistently.