Do they win this game with justin "bustin" fields?

msadows

Liked Posts:
Amazing that a guy who went 12-28 while here would magically be 3-0 if only he were still here

If he were we'd hear:

Defensive HC
New OC, 3rd in his career
Poor oline
2 road games
Too hot; soon to be too cold

JF1 had the worst team in the nfl in 2022. Caleb has a top 10 defense and a stacked offensive unit, and the same OL fields had.

Excuses already setting in i see

LIBlue

Liked Posts:
So postpone the development of a QB on a one year contract? Brilliant.

Forty-six

Liked Posts:
The guy who's turning the ball over every other drive isnt getting you worried?

What QB wouldnt throw for 350 yards on 50 attempts? wtf?

You let fields throw 50 times he throws for 300 yards too. Think he was 25/32 today.

Do you think there is a learning curve for the QB position in the NFL? Is it possible that our rookie QB in only his third game doesn't yet know everything he needs to know to play the position? What is your timeline for rookie QB success? It sounds like it's less than three professional games.

My timeline is Thanksgiving by year 3. I was a Fields supporter up until Thanksgiving of his third year. At that point I felt pretty certain he wasn't the guy and was ready to move on from him. Ideally you know if your QB is the guy or not by Thanksgiving of year 2 but if you're extra patient then maybe you give him until year 3 game 10.

msadows

Liked Posts:
So postpone the development of a QB on a one year contract? Brilliant.

postpone? I'm worried they are stunting it.

What did he do well today? He threw for 363 yards on 52 passes. Every NFL QB should do that with 52 attempts.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So you can prove that JF1 hasn’t felt pressure directly up the middle like Caleb has this season?!

The burden of proof is on you

Let’s see the proof showing JF1 hasn’t faced pressure up the middle like Caleb has. Otherwise, you’re just doing your normal blustering

Imagine pretending to be some football savant when you haven’t the data to back it up and you haven’t watched Steelers games lol

Sure. PFF has Bears IOL with 20 pressures and 5 sacks. Steelers IOL have 12 pressures and 1 sack.

Now what is your counter-evidence?

msadows

Liked Posts:
Do you think there is a learning curve for the QB position in the NFL? Is it possible that our rookie QB in only his third game doesn't yet know everything he needs to know to play the position? What is your timeline for rookie QB success? It sounds like it's less than three professional games.

My timeline is Thanksgiving by year 3. I was a Fields supporter up until Thanksgiving of his third year. At that point I felt pretty certain he wasn't the guy and was ready to move on from him. Ideally you know if your QB is the guy or not by Thanksgiving of year 2 but if you're extra patient then maybe you give him until year 3 game 10.

I do, and I dont think this coaching staff is doing him favors.

He's already constantly throwing into double coverage, running backwards, holding onto the ball, forcing turnovers, etc.

I hope those issues go away with play, but they were supposed to put him into a good situation. This is as bad of a situation as there is in the NFL at this point with how idiotic the playcaller is, how bad the run game is, and how lost the QB seems at times.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Bears OL looked better with fields, I dont need PFF to know that. I have eyes.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Sure. PFF has Bears IOL with 20 pressures and 5 sacks. Steelers IOL have 12 pressures and 1 sack.

Now what is your counter-evidence?
So JF1 HAS faced pressure up the middle just like CW has

And sacks are a QB stat, so no surprise Caleb gets sacked more cuz he can’t run away like fields can

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So JF1 HAS faced pressure up the middle just like CW has

And sacks are a QB stat, so no surprise Caleb gets sacked more cuz he can’t run away like fields can

Nope that is not the same and you know it. Sacks are not just a QB stat. You are making shit up.

Imagine asking for proof and then mvoing goalposts.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I legit said in the 2nd post I think caleb will be much better than fields, but we likely win the last 2 games with fields. He's clearly why the running game worked.
And that accomplishes exactly what? I can’t believe Bear fans would not be behind Williams.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Caleb Williams may or may not end up being the guy.

But it’s fucking hilarious to see anyone still white knighting for Justin Fields.

News flash: Justin Fields is not an NFL starting quarterback. Zero NFL teams wanted him as their starter. When Russell Wilson is back to being healthy, Fields will be right back on the bench. Truth hurts.

Justin Fields is in his fourth year.

Fourth year.

Fourth year.

If he was anything, we’d know it by now.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
245 yards on 25/32 sounds pretty good to me against a good defense.

I'll take that over a guy who had 370 yards and fumbled the game away.

Looks like coaching may have been the issue after all.
It was a blindside strip. Don’t be a dolt. Any QB would have been victimized there.

Remember Justin against Tampa and Detroit?

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Nope that is not the same and you know it. Sacks are not just a QB stat. You are making shit up.

Imagine asking for proof and then mvoing goalposts.
I didn’t move goalposts

You said that JF1 doesn’t get sacked the same way that CW does and said CW gets up the middle pressure

You then show that JF1 has had up the middle pressure

If anything you’re now trying to move the goalposts as you’ll now bring up the frequency of that pressure

Gee, amazing and compelling stuff

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I didn’t move goalposts

You said that JF1 doesn’t get sacked the same way that CW does and said CW gets up the middle pressure

You then show that JF1 has had up the middle pressure

If anything you’re now trying to move the goalposts as you’ll now bring up the frequency of that pressure

Gee, amazing and compelling stuff

Sure you did. Your original comment was about Bosa and Mack and I made a comment about interior pressure. You now being dumb and pretending 20 pressures and 5 sacks is the same as 12 presures and 1 sack.

All while in another thread claiming a pick 6 in a 3 point game isnt the reason a team lost.

I have no idea what Caleb did to you but your bias here is obvious.

GoDJtop10

Liked Posts:
Justin Fields is in his fourth year.

Fourth year.

Fourth year.

If he was anything, we’d know it by now.
Year 1 - Drafted into a situation with an outgoing coach that could care less about developing him.

Year 2 - New GM and new HC openly dismantled the team in order to tank for a top draft pick.

Year 3 - Although it’s now known that GM and HC wanted to extend their tenure by drafting a new QB, Justin Fields would’ve led us to playoffs if not for HC being responsible for 3 comeback losses in 4th quarter.

Year 4 - Justin Fields is currently the starting QB of the top seeded team in the AFC with a worse OL than the Bears.