Do they win this game with justin "bustin" fields?

msadows

Liked Posts:
Coming from someone who actually watched every preseason game and regular season game for both teams I can say the steelers offense is worse than the bears offense.

But i'm sure remy will quote PFF.

Swift is dogshit but so is the steelers first round bum.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
How is the steelers offense any better than the bears? WTF? Are you gonna use PFF vs your eyes?

The difference is fields is efficient this year, playing very safe. He'd also likely stretch a lot of the plays where caleb panics and gets us a lot of easy firsts on the ground like he did last year.

Sir you already said the coaches are better with the Steelers so make up your mind. The Steelers have better offensive coaches, have a better overall OL and a better run game.

Coming from someone who actually watched every preseason game and regular season game for both teams I can say the steelers offense is worse than the bears offense.

But i'm sure remy will quote PFF.

Swift is dogshit but so is the steelers first round bum.

Except Steelers have better offensive coaches, better OL and better RBs. Bears have better WRs which doesnt help if the OL is shit.

Now you going to lie and pretend the above is not true?

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Sir you already said the coaches are better with the Steelers so make up your mind. The Steelers have better offensive coaches, have a better overall OL and a better run game.

Whatever helps his narrative. He made much more excuses in 3 years of Fields. But he's ready to try and down Caleb after 3 games

DrGonzo

Dump VJJ
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fields beat one team from LA today so if Williams doesn't beat the other team from LA next week in a perfectly equal contest he is clearly inferior and will remain in Fields' shadow for the rest of their careers.

It's not that complicated.

msadows

Liked Posts:

Except Steelers have better offensive coaches, better OL and better RBs. Bears have better WRs which doesnt help if the OL is shit.

Now you going to lie and pretend the above is not true?

They dont have a better OL, I've watched all the games. Its just as bad. Stop depending on PFF and use your eyes, dont be lazy, its legit just one more game a week to watch.

I will agree the coaching is different. And why I am worried about caleb now.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Fields beat one team from LA today so if Williams doesn't beat the other team from LA next week in a perfectly equal contest he is clearly inferior and will remain in Fields' shadow for the rest of their careers.

It's not that complicated.

The problem is he's beating himself. Guy has shit down his leg and almost lost every game this year.

He has gotten better every week, so maybe next week is the week!

msadows

Liked Posts:
Whatever helps his narrative. He made much more excuses in 3 years of Fields. But he's ready to try and down Caleb after 3 games

Clearly the point of the thread went over your head.

Refer to post #2.

My question would if they win this game. I think they'd be 3-0 with fields RN. Instead we got rid of him for donuts and the guy we said was "ready" clearly isnt.

Reactions: 1ke

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
The Steelers have a high floor but a low ceiling. Who knows, Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl. I have a hard time imagining Fields being consistent enough to take a team to the promised land though.

IDK. It’s been ugly but I see it in Williams. He’s obviously made mistakes. You can see it’s there though. I’m really eyeballing the second d half of the season for him to start to put it together. Problem is the schedules brutal later in the year.

Last edited:

msadows

Liked Posts:
The Steelers have a high floor but a low ceiling. Who knows, Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl. I have a hard time imagining Fields being consistent enough to take a team to the promised land though.

I do agree with this.

But at the same time if a coach teaches fields how to actually be an efficient NFL QB who can take what he's given he could win with a good defense.

He was always a cheatcode waiting to happen if he could develop a passing game. I dont expect it but it looks like he's actually getting some coaching now. I worry about our current guy cause our OC wont even give him a shot on a goaline drive.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
They dont have a better OL, I've watched all the games. Its just as bad. Stop depending on PFF and use your eyes, dont be lazy, its legit just one more game a week to watch.

I will agree the coaching is different. And why I am worried about caleb now.

Yeah they do. Sorry.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Some of us called it in Year 3 that he wasn’t long for the Bears.

Guess what? He wasn’t long for the Bears.

Some of us called that the Bears wouldn’t get anything of substance for him.

Guess what? The Bears didn’t get anything of substance for him.

Every step of the way, the Fields “haters” have been right.

I, uh, guess we’ll see who’s right this time…..
Looking bad for the haters right now

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Looking bad for the haters right now
It is? So Fields, after not playing like a legitimate NFL starter for 4 years, is suddenly going to become a starting-caliber passer?

I suppose we’ll see. I mean, I could end up being wrong. But I doubt it.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Where were all the white knights when it was time for The Haul?

I was for The Haul even though I knew Poles would be going to Williams. I was for The Haul precisely because of what we are seeing.
I don't remember all these voices with me, just a few cultists.

It seems like people were playing the new QB game but now 3 games into his rookie year when he's playing like a normal rookie they're playing some kind of hind sight BS.

Too bad. Too late. We have a QB without a haul to fix the oline. And a GM who's questionable whether or not he's willing to fix the oline.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
It is? So Fields, after not playing like a legitimate NFL starter for 4 years, is suddenly going to become a starting-caliber passer?

I suppose we’ll see. I mean, I could end up being wrong. But I doubt it.

Even if he does, does it matter?
He's not on the team and he's never coming back.
Williams is on the team. The team needs to learn from the past mistakes that have gone on easily through 3 QBs and probably more.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Where were all the white knights when it was time for The Haul?

I was for The Haul even though I knew Poles would be going to Williams. I was for The Haul precisely because of what we are seeing.
I don't remember all these voices with me, just a few cultists.

It seems like people were playing the new QB game but now 3 games into his rookie year when he's playing like a normal rookie they're playing some kind of hind sight BS.

Too bad. Too late. We have a QB without a haul to fix the oline. And a GM who's questionable whether or not he's willing to fix the oline.
What makes anyone think the Bears wouldn’t also fuck up TEH HAULLL?!?

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Even if he does, does it matter?
He's not on the team and he's never coming back.
Williams is on the team. The team needs to learn from the past mistakes that have gone on easily through 3 QBs and probably more.
You’re right. It doesn’t matter.

And yet we are all Sisyphus, bound to a constant cycle of Bears hell where every week is a constant comparison between a 4th year QB no one wanted and a rookie QB with less than a handful of games under his belt.

Reactions: Myk

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
Im sure being on a team that was spiraling downward hard and then tanking had nothing to do with it.

There is a reason why people had huge expectations of Caleb this year and it wasnt all just because of Caleb Williams. Right now he is failing and in a big way.
I don’t see Caleb failing. He’s progressing with bad play calling. He’s did what Justin did today, but it only took him 3 games, not 3 years +. Now the whole offense needs to click to get the wins.

Last edited: